Splinting of mobile teeth: glass fiber and other
Splinting of mobile teeth is applied at the appearance of their unsteadiness and instability. Periodontal disease leave their mark on bone health. As a result of pathological processes occur degenerative changes, osteoplasty osteoclasts and replaced by granulation tissue. Initial changes sometimes minor. They are not accompanied by unpleasant symptoms, even on x — ray picture shows no visible changes. However, if the pathological process has started, it slowly but steadily develops. Soon appear danger signs: the exposure of the necks of roots, atrophy of the alveolar process, the precariousness of dental units. At this stage, the main goal of the doctor and the patient, in that whatever was to suspend the further development of the pathology. The progression of periodontal disease leads to gum subsidence, degeneration in the bony tissue, loss of dental units.
When you need help
At the first mention of the pathological process in the periodontium, a person should treat their health seriously.
There are the following causes of loose teeth:
- Periodontal disease is a chronic disease process, the etiology of which to this day is unknown. There are only assumptions about the reasons for the development of the disease. These are: genetic factor, bad habits, poor oral hygiene, medical diseases, which affect metabolism and blood circulation. One of the features of current of disease is the absence of inflammation. In the initial stages of periodontitis can halt the process.
In milder degrees recommended preventive monitoring, the remediation of foci of infection and the professional treatment of mouth not less than 3 times a year. Patients at home periodically use antiseptic rinse, carry out an application of drugs, improve local blood circulation.
With moderate and severe type, for the suspension of the process requires comprehensive treatment. One of the main goals of the dentist, is to strengthen mobile teeth. The procedure is advantageously carried out at atrophic changes of bone tissue, which reaches 1/4 the length of the roots.
It is a vicious inescapable circle: the advent of mobility, increasing the rate of destruction of a bone fabric, this contributes to the complete loosening of the dental units. They begin to bend in a chaotic situation, differ in the form of «fans» appear wide interdental gaps. The person becomes difficult to chew food, he is accompanied by constant pain. Ultimately, when complete atrophy of a bone fabric and maximum exposure of the gums, teeth fall out under light load. This occurs most often during meals, in the care of the oral cavity. If the time is pubescent, to save the teeth is not possible, only have the option of prosthetics. This is a good option. However, it requires large financial investments and long-term adaptation.
- Periodontitis – an inflammatory disease. It occurs when poor personal hygiene and under the influence of predisposing factors. Originally developing gingivitis, which is accompanied by swelling of the mucosa, hyperemia, increased bleeding and pain. The patient in the mouth there is accumulation of solid interdental of stones, pigmented plaque. If untreated, gingivitis turns into periodontitis. Gum pockets grow, they accumulate food debris and pathogenic microbes, there is purulent discharge. The inflammatory process leads to the fact that the gum begins to sink, the roots laid bare. As a result, mobility of the teeth. This pathological process can be reversed, but this requires fairly long treatment. Initially, you need to remove interdental deposits, which cause growths periodontal pockets. After that, they need to be carefully sanitized. The doctor together with the patient, provides integrated therapy. To regain a beautiful smile, you must fulfill the instructions of the dentist.
In the later stages of periodontitis, in marked displacement of the dentition, greater mobility, bleeding gums, gingival pockets large and significant denudation of the roots, apply the method of splinting.
- Facial injuries can lead to mobility of tooth units. To restore in most cases the use of temporary structures. After a successful therapy, the products removed, because they no more need.
Fixed types include:
- Splinting mobile teeth with fiberglass. Before the procedure the dentist performs the anesthesia of the work surface. In order to strengthen the material on the teeth to form the horizontal grooves. Next, the doctor gently lays them in strips of fiberglass, fills the top cavity light composite. When lighting a special lamp occurring chemical processes. Fiberglass tape hardens and holds the teeth. In the future design securely holds the unit together, not allow them to disperse in a disorderly position.
If you need to strengthen your upper front teeth, the fiber is laid on the front surface. On the lower front incisors and canines, the material is applied on the inner side. In strengthening the side units, creating grooves and placed tape on the chewing surface.
In order to keep long fiberglass I-beam, you must carefully care for the oral cavity, to take timely preventive examination;
- Splinting the cable is constructed with aramid filament. The material greatly exceeds the advantages of fiberglass. It is more durable and long lasting. Has excellent compatibility with enamel and is considered the most physiologic option. The procedure for creating a cable-stayed design, is completely identical to the scheme described above. The cost of treatment with aramid yarn is much more expensive than using fiberglass. Before applying the treatment, the doctor confirms the absence of inflammation, sanitizes the oral cavity, performing a preliminary prosthetics. Dentists try to impose the tires so that the beam was not only loose teeth, but standing firmly. In most cases, these are the fangs.
Treatment with overlay cable and fiberglass tire does not injure tissue. No need for prior removal of tooth pulp. After therapy the enamel in the region of the necks, protects against effects of aggressive environment. The disadvantages include relatively short service life of products, which is about 3 years.
- Strengthening with bugel prostheses in the absence of multiple units of teeth. These designs are made for individual casts. Extra thin arc wraps around each tooth most of the cervix and prevents the occurrence of loosening. The use of design generates uniform load. The advantages of dentures are: durability, convenience, replacement of missing natural units. Cons: not always high aesthetics, high cost, long period of adjustment after installation;
- Reducing the precariousness of the teeth with crowns used in the middle and later stages of periodontal disease. It is used in cases when the changes are well marked, atrophy is accompanied by a pronounced clinical picture. The procedure is quite lengthy. First, a person undergoes a complete treatment of the mouth, relieves inflammation. After preparation, all the teeth which will later be covered by protective caps are required to remove the pulp. Subsequently, the fabric stitch in a special way, removed casts, made design. Crowns can be ceramic, metal-ceramic, metal. Dentures crowns is quite reliable and aesthetic method. The disadvantages of the procedure include: the removal of nerve fibers in the healthy dental units, their preparation, the high cost of products, long production time;
Removable splints used in the absence of one or more teeth, their loss, fractures of the jaw. Depending on the material they are made of metal and plastic.
Design must: ensure complete immobility of the dental units, easily removable and dress, do not injure the enamel, not to have a negative impact on the condition of the mouth and speech of man. Depending on the availability of clinical and financial health the patient together with the dentist, choose one of the methods of therapy.
What to do after treatment
The procedure of splinting with fiberglass or aramid fibers in most cases takes about an hour. After dental actions, there is not discomfort, pain. Teeth immediately gain more aesthetics and beauty.
The house person must comply with a number of simple actions:
- Brush your teeth twice a day. Use floss, a Waterpik, mouthwash. After the meal, must rinse the mouth with clean water.
- Dietary treatment is to reduce the amount of sweets and various pastries.
- Necessary to protect the oral cavity from the harmful effects of the environment. Can not be used simultaneously too hot and cold drinks and food. The temperature difference will lead to a rapid destruction of the reinforcing material of the beam and its damage. It is strictly forbidden to chew ice, bones, chew nuts and seeds.
- Protect yourself from injury.
- Avoid the development of periodontal disease. Treat in the early stages. Watch preventive dental.
- Timely make prosthetics.
- Kopirajte concomitant somatic diseases.
- Take measures to strengthen the immune system.
Treatment of periodontal disease must be implemented at the initial stages of development. It is not necessary to defer therapy for a long time.
Modern dentistry is able to provide significant assistance with the initial pathological changes. The types of splinting is sufficient available, effective, help to strengthen and keep your teeth for the maximum possible period of time.