Stomatitis how long held: how long is treated
What is stomatitis and how many days it is disease and what are the different forms – this is only a small fraction of the questions asked by patients on the doctor. Stomatitis refers to inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity and the severity of its occurrence depends on the shape of the breach and of the pathogen. Today we offer to learn more about this disease and find out, the process proceeds as long and treated if thrush at all.
Stomatitis: useful knowledge about pathology
Stomatitis is a condition in which the formation on the mucous surface of the tongue or entire mouth lesions, erosions or ulcers. They can be filled with serous or purulent contents, depending on the violations.
Begin to heal the sores better on the initial stage of the flow, in this period the disease better responding to therapy, and the process is not delayed for a long time (usually lasts for 2 to 14 days). From timely treatment, and other factors depend on various forms of stomatitis, which also have their duration.
In the acute form
The acute form is characterized by the absence of a history of this disease, ie people in the past, stomatitis was not sick. In compliance with all conditions of care for the oral cavity and following the advice of acute clinical manifestation usually takes place after 3 days. Depending on the form of the disease symptoms can be disturbed for one week.
In the chronic form
Stomatitis may acquire a chronic form due to such provoking factors:
- taking certain groups of medicines;
- transferred stress;
- the failure of the hormonal system;
- a history of chronic diseases;
- a weakened immune system;
- the failure to treat stomatitis in the acute form, etc.
In the chronic form of the disease becomes recurrent course, i.e. in a certain period of time after recovery, may experience worsening. The number and frequency depends on the shape of stomatitis and severity of human health.
To determine exactly how long stomatitis is impossible, but we can only highlight some of the average data depending on the form of the disease.
Catarrhal stomatitis occurs superficial damage to the mucosa of the mouth. Thus the patient can feel these symptoms:
- swelling and redness of the inflamed area;
- the appearance of teeth marks on tongue;
- the defeat of the white coating;
- increase salivation;
- hyperthermia (usually no more than 37S).
This is the most common and easiest form, but treated it long enough. At the initial stage requires a rinse with an antiseptic remedies or homemade concoctions. Typically, this disease process is treated at this stage, but if the disease becomes moderate or severe, you must visit a doctor. A specialist will make a treatment plan and tell how many days takes this form.
The herpes virus can enter the body in very young age and for many years did not bother the man. With the weakening of immunity (this is the most common provoking factor) he aktiviziruyutsya and the development of unpleasant ulcers on the mucosa. According to statistics, about 80% of people with diseases of the oral cavity are exposed to attack that is herpes virus. Most often this occurs as a result of colds or hypothermia.
This virus is airborne, so you need to be careful, especially in times of a weakened immune system.
The peak of development falls on the first day, and all of the disease can be divided into the following periods:
- The incubation period lasts from 2 days and can reach 3 weeks.
- From the beginning of infiltration or activation of herpes virus until the first symptoms may take a few hours up to 1 day.
- Develops herpes virus from 3 days to 4 days.
- With treatment the recovery period takes 3 to 9 days.
Also, you can allocate and stages of the disease:
- A mild form. In such flow, the patient has no General symptoms of intoxication. Body temperature rises sharply to levels at 38C, and oral mucosa will be observed swelling and redness. For 2-3 days to begin to form ulcers, which will be located alone or grouped in several pieces up to 5 aft.
- In the secondary form there will be signs of General intoxication in the form of weakness and drowsiness. For the past 2 days the temperature can go up to 39S, will appear nausea, dizziness, vomiting. Mucous membranes of the tongue covered with a whitish bloom, and in the gums is present bleeding. On the site of ulceration, felt discomfort and urge to scratch them. After another 1-3 days, these lesions burst, and in their place are formed erosion. The duration of this period depends on the correct treatment and the immune system.
- The acute form. Rarely, the patient’s condition will significantly worsen for 2-3 days. The temperature can reach 40C, the oral mucosa is inflamed and edematous in the lips there are cracks because of the dryness. After 1-2 days you start getting sores, which will affect not only the mouth but the corners of the eyes, earlobes, lips. The total number of aft can be up to 100 PCs From the onset of first symptoms to the ulcerative process, and recovery can take up to 2 weeks. Treatment of the acute form must be under the immediate control of a competent specialist.
- A chronic form. Untreated, herpetic stomatitis is the main instigator of the transition in the chronic form. Special peak of recurrence falls on the autumn and spring period. In the form of light number of exacerbations can reach up to 2 times per year, with severe relapses increase to 5-6 times a year.
As can be seen the average duration of this form of the disease ranges from 7 to 14 days.
It is a syndrome that occurs in the oral cavity under the influence of allergic factors. When the penetration of the allergen into the human body starts a chain reaction, which is expressed in a variety of symptoms and disorders, one of which is thrush. It may not always occur in isolation, often it is in the group of systemic diseases.
From the point of view of the pathogenesis of allergic stomatitis is not always a manifestation of local reactions. There are many situations where the violation is the result of hypersensitivity to the materials used in dentistry. Depending on the speed of development of symptoms one can distinguish the following types:
- Immediate type. In this case, the clinical symptoms, takes the form of angioedema angioedema.
- The slow type. After the effects of allergens, the first signs may show up in a few days. In some cases, an allergic reaction is the production of dental prostheses may develop in 5-10 years, i.e. it is preceded by a long period of asymptomatic sensitization.
Answering the question, how long does stomatitis allergic, you can reply that the duration depends on many factors. This includes the severity of allergic reactions, what day of treatment is started, etc.
With timely diagnosis and treatment at an early stage of stomatitis lasts no more than 2 weeks. In advanced and complicated forms can take much more time.
When aphthous stomatitis sores appear with the outline of a circle or oval. There are several varieties of aphthous stomatitis:
|Necrotic.||Develops severe disease, which, along with inflammatory process of cell death of the surface structure of the mouth. Aphthae do not bring pain but after some time, will be their increase in size and become ulcers. The process of treatment and recovery can last from 2 weeks to 1 month.|
|Deforming.||This is the most severe form, when the ulcer reaches a large size and produce large scars, deforming the mouth. To say how stomatitis treated in this form is difficult, but healing is very slow, so the recovery period is delayed for a long time.|
|Fibrinous.||Aphthae covering the mucous membrane of the mouth, are gray patina. Healing occurs in 1-2 weeks. In chronic course of relapses can be repeated with a frequency of up to 3 times a year. Further aggravation may be repeated often, and in the long in the absence of therapy aphthae cover the mouth constantly.|
|Glandular.||In this form there is a failure of the salivary glands with the appearance of aft near the salivary ducts. The process is quite painful, the disease duration depends on the selected treatment and after healing are frequent relapses.|
|Subcause.||This form is also heavy, which catches up with people more often at a young age. At the beginning of the disease may notice the sprue, which with time increase in size and become ulcers, reaching a diameter of 1.5 cm Treatment continues for 3 months or more, then in place of ulcers scars are formed.|
We should distinguish ulcerative ganglionii stomatitis in which ulcers are formed with the simultaneous loss of this portion of the mucosa. They can strike up to several layers of tissue, reaching even to the bone. The process is characterized as very severe, treatment is chosen carefully. To treat stomatitis in this case will be very long.
The traumatic form of stomatitis
Traumatic stomatitis develops as a result of injury on the mucosal surface of the oral cavity. Here you can select the duration of the process depending on the frequency of damage:
- Single. Occurs when an accidental injury and occurs most often in the form of catarrhal stomatitis. Clinical manifestation develops rapidly and passes. This is a process lasting only a few days. If there is no further mechanical damage and infection this kind of result in spontaneous recovery.
- Multiple. Often appears in such situations:
- large cavities and sharp edges of teeth or fillings;
- frequent consumption of hard foods that can damage the mucosa;
- constant habit to bite lips or cheeks;
- Smoking and irritation of tobacco smoke.
Long flowing process and the absence of treatment with the elimination of the provoking factor increases the risk of infection. This type takes on a chronic form and be treated stomatitis in adults or children for a long period.
In this situation it is important to evaluate the condition and if necessary consult a doctor.
It develops under the influence of yeast fungi of the genus Candida. Particularly common in young children and is called popularly as thrush. At the beginning of the inflammatory process, oral mucosa is hyperemic and dry. Further, the formation of cheesy white plaque. To process and carry out therapeutic measures necessary from the first days.
With the deepening of the process of possible accession of bleeding erosions and increased body temperature. To pass such a disease may in a few days, maybe a month. All depends on the individual body and how well the therapy.
To say how many days stomatitis treated with the exact time. All depends on the state of the immune system, the extent of damage and the form of the disease. In this case, to diagnose and to answer the question, and how many days the patient’ll recover, it can only be the attending physician.