Stomatitis in a child 3 years than to treat effectively
If the child refuses to eat and was cranky, maybe there’s an objective reason. Inspect the mucous membrane of the mouth. If you notice redness, swelling or rash is herpes. With the disease often encounter small children than adults. This is due to the characteristics of the immune system, composition of saliva, structure of the mucosa and even with regulators. From the article, you will learn what causes stomatitis in a child of 3 years, what to treat and how to numb the rash.
Which provokes stomatitis
The factors causing the appearance of stomatitis:
- the weakening of the protective functions of the body, for example after illness or stress;
- poor cleanliness, inadequate treatment of children’s dishes or a child’s habit of hand-to-mouth, sucking a finger;
- an allergic reaction to food or medicine;
- the herpes virus;
- long-term treatment with antibiotics;
- injury to the oral mucosa due to burns or by mechanical action.
Complicating the diagnosis and treatment
Children three years and younger are more susceptible to thrush due to the anatomical and physiological characteristics of the organism. Treatment stomatitis in children is difficult because:
- year-old child can not explain my feelings and reason for concern;
- the baby does not examine the mucosa and to apply medication for this purpose it is necessary to keep, which complicates the process;
- not all children of three years are able to rinse your mouth often they swallow infusions and decoctions, which imposes restrictions on some drugs;
- not all drugs approved for treatment of young patients.
Types of stomatitis
Depending on the etiology distinguish the following types of stomatitis:
There is a correlation between child’s age and the emergence of a certain kind of disease. So, the appearance of thrush is more often in babies up to three years, children from 1 year to 3 years more common in herpes, and in the interval from 7 to 15 years — canker. Viral, bacterial or traumatic appears with equal frequency at any age.
Than to treat stomatitis in a child aged 0 to 3 years
How to treat stomatitis in a child depends on its causes. It can be an independent disease or system. In the second case, it is necessary to conduct not only symptomatic therapy, but treatment of the root cause.
Oral thrush (thrush)
This form of stomatitis appears in the result of the increase of colonies of fungi of the genus Candida. This occurs when changing the acid-alkaline balance in the mouth. Bacteria accumulate on the mucosa and look like cheesy white coating. Underneath, there are bleeding ulcers, are extremely painful when eating. Characteristically fever and swollen lymph nodes.
If you do not treat thrush, it can spread to the throat and gastrointestinal tract, to cause genital candidiasis and dysbiosis.
Pathology is invoked, in most cases, insufficient hygiene of the mouth and lick objects and unwashed hands.
As the fungus multiplies very fast in an acidic medium, the treatment aims to create mouth alkaline environment. At the time of treatment from the child’s diet excludes fruits, roughage, foods high in carbohydrates.
The localization is treated with a solution of baking soda. In a glass of water add a teaspoon of baking soda. Then soaked in this solution with your finger, which is wound with a bandage or gauze, remove the cheesy plaque. The procedure is repeated 3-5 times a day.
Local therapy can be applied ointment Kamistad. Its composition is lidocaine, which has analgesic effect and chamomile that have antiseptic properties.
To restore the microflora in a child under 3 years using a spray Chlorophyllin. This antimicrobial agent, which promotes tissue regeneration to the mucosa. Sprinkle them on the sores 2-3 times a day until complete recovery.
For the treatment of neglected thrush prescribe anti-fungal medications, for example, Candid, Fluconazole. These drugs are used only as directed by a physician, with the rate of interrupt is not recommended, as the fungus can adapt to the effects of the drug.
This species can be recognized by the presence in the oral cavity or to other parts of the body rash similar to pimples. Symptom is also red podrujki language. In addition, there can be painful sores.
In order to cure allergic stomatitis you need to install that so the body reacts. It can be food or drug, synthesized vitamins, the components of toothpaste, cloth or bedding with the filler, and even washing powder. Unfortunately, children under three years are very difficult to identify the cause of the Allergy, so as to analyze the need, so that the child sitting quietly for 15 minutes, and the kids can not do. Therefore, to establish that it is an allergic reaction is possible in the number of eosinophils in a smear or in blood. Parents should think about something new or in large quantities contact the child, and try to eliminate the irritant.
For relieving symptoms are appointed by antihistamines, for example, Diazolin, Suprastin. For the rapid regeneration of the mucosa, locally applied Kalgel, it also has antiseptic and analgesic effects.
If the child is older than one year, to help with swelling and inflammation you can use Vinilin. They smear sores after meals.
Which restores stomatitis
Allocate another type of stomatitis, which is caused by fungi of the genus Candida or Streptococcus — that which restores. It appears on the mucous in the corners of the mouth, popularly known as the «zaedy». It is a result of low immunity, maceration of the mucosa (the permeation of the tissues with saliva), the negative impact of the external environment or malocclusion.
- If the cause of zaedy was a fungus, then use Clotrimazole ointment or Drops.
- Ointment the Tetracycline or Trimester have proven themselves in the fight against bacterial canker.
- If the cause of stomatitis which restores not detected, appointed Fukortsin and gel Metrogyl-Denta (they have antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral properties).
- Ointment Miramistin can be assigned as in fungal and bacterial stomatitis
The cause of the disease is the herpes virus. It is transmitted by airborne droplets and by contact-household. Herpes cannot be cured, it remains in the body in latent form as long as the conditions will not be favorable. Often at the first meeting with herpes body responds by inflammation in the oral cavity. In severe disease, children under three years are admitted.
Pathology manifests itself in the form of bubbles filled with clear liquid. This form of stomatitis is accompanied by a fever, headache and nausea. After the appearance of papules the temperature decreases. Over time, the bubbles burst and formed ulcers that cause pain and burning sensation during chewing. If the child has a high temperature, be sure to call the doctor. If the diagnosis is stomatitis caused by the herpes virus is confirmed, the doctor will prescribe a course of antiviral and immunomodulatory drugs.
- Miramistin can be used for the treatment of children under one year. Antiseptic component affecting most of the pathogenic bacteria, and herpes virus including and also has a healing effect. Applied locally 3-4 times a day.
- In Viferon gel active substance interferon, vitamins E and C. It has immunostimulatory and antiviral effect. Can be administered with the first months of life.
- Ulcers are treated with remedies that relieve pain: Kamistad, gel Holisal. In order that the wound healed faster than it can be lubricated with sea buckthorn oil or paste Solcoseryl.
In this form of the inflammatory process on the mucous membrane are formed aphthae. This ulcer is round or oval with smooth red edges covered with bloom. In this form of stomatitis is characterized by fever, burning sensation and itching of mucous membrane.
One of the reasons for the occurrence called mechanical trauma of the mucosa. The wound penetrates the infection and contributes to the appearance of the inflammatory process. There may be other triggers: allergies, lowered immunity, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. Treatment is recommended after a survey of doctors in several specialties: a gastroenterologist, a dentist, an allergist.
- For therapy using Efficient. They either smeared the wound or caress the mouth. Treated it with antiseptic to five times a day.
- Also use a spray Hexoral as an antimicrobial agent, and to accelerate wound healing Aekol or sea buckthorn oil. If the AFL started a purulent discharge, antibiotics.
- Holisal gel has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Applied topically 2-3 times a day. However, it can only be applied in the treatment of children older than one year.
Inflammation provoke pathogenic bacteria getting on the mucosa, destroying the epithelial. It is also called the disease of dirty hands. Often this disease develops when caries, diseases of throat, infections in the upper respiratory tract.
Signs of bacterial stomatitis:
- redness of the mucosa;
- education on the lining of the mouth the blisters filled with pus;
- increased salivation;
- the appearance of the lips dry crusts of yellow color;
- burning and pain when consuming annoying foods;
- bad breath.
If the disease has just started, it could eliminate enough local treatment of mouth and strengthen the immune system, and if it progresses, it will need antibiotics.
In order to clear the mouth of harmful bacteria suggest as often as possible to rinse your mouth (always after eating, and then once in two hours). As the main treatment use of local antiseptics and antibiotics. Children older than three years for rinsing, you can apply a solution of potassium permanganate, miramistina.
It is a consequence of thermal or chemical burns or injury to the mucosa. In the first stage there is a small swelling, redness and soreness at the site of injury. If Pathogens penetrate the inflammation may be accompanied by fever or General malaise. Used for the treatment antiseptic and healing tools.
- Solcoseryl gel promotes regeneration and kills bacteria. Apply it after meals at least three times a day.
- Sea buckthorn oil is a natural remedy that promotes rapid healing of wounds. More effectively if you add vitamin B12 and retinol. Apply the oil on a cotton pad and applying it to the injured area for 5 minutes. After the procedure it is advisable to refrain from drinking for hours.
How to numb the inflammation
Stomatitis, an inflammatory process in the oral mucosa, regardless of etiology delivers pain to the child and is particularly strong during a meal. In order to alleviate the symptoms parents should follow some rules:
- all food should be pureed, because the solid products may injure the mucosa or cause discomfort when chewing;
- food should not be hot, sour, spicy. It can trigger irritation;
- if the child is very difficult to have offer him a straw;
- the cold helps to relieve the pain for a while. Offer the child cold water, ice cream.
- after each meal to rinse your mouth to get rid of the remnants of a meal;
- give your child plenty of fluids.
If stomatitis occurs frequently, this may be the result of a lack of vitamins or iron deficiency anemia. To establish the cause will help the General analysis of blood.
In the body of most mothers of children up to three years, there is a tool that is used during teething. It can be used in the treatment of stomatitis. It has some menthol or lidocaine, and these components have a cooling effect.
It is impossible for the local treatment is to use alcohol-containing preparations (green or blue). Because it is not only takes a lot of discomfort for the child, but will increase the time of wound healing or cause burns to mucous membranes.
Most often the treatment of stomatitis is symptomatic, aiming at the elimination of symptoms and continues for 7 to 14 days. If a few days after the start of therapy, the clinical picture worsens, then you need to go to the pediatrician or the dentist.