Stomatitis in children incubation period
Such diseases as stomatitis in children incubation period cannot be determined until, until the reason for its appearance.
Stomatitis — inflammation of the soft tissues located in the oral cavity, often caused by a virus and is accompanied by painful sensation and rashes.
The virus which causes this disease, can be absolutely anything. Stomatitis is a reaction of the human body that occur for different reasons. Most often this disease occurs in children on the background of such infections as chickenpox, herpes, measles, flu, rotavirus and adenovirus infection.
The initial stage of the disease is characterized by the following symptoms:
- sore throat;
- runny nose;
- enlarged lymph nodes.
With weak immunity, the body’s response to the virus can be much more dangerous, up to the refusal to eat because of pain in the process of eating.
A few days after the occurrence of the disease in the oral cavity begin to appear a small rash in the form of clear vesicles and ulcers, are bleeding gums and there is a putrid smell from the mouth. Most often due to the disease affects the mucous membrane and lips.
Most often the disease occurs in conjunction with herpes legalities on the lips. Most susceptible to illness children under the age of three years. With a good immunity in children, the disease is fairly quickly and completely, but if the immune system is weakened, the disease may go to the chronic form.
Causes of stomatitis
The probability of occurrence of the disease in the child who observes proper hygiene of the mouth is minimal.
From which it follows that one of the important factors in the emergence of the disease in a child can be a problem of the oral cavity. Which include the following:
- caries, dental plaque;
- periodontal disease;
- burns and wounds of the mucous membrane of the mouth;
- improperly selected hygiene products;
- poor quality dental procedures;
- hypothermia and stress.
In addition to the above, prerequisites for the stomatitis may be a lack of vitamins and minerals or a poor diet.
Often this disease as stomatitis, occurs in the background:
- allergic diseases;
- immune deficiency of the body;
- after a long course of antibiotics;
- as a result of dehydration of the body;
- hypovitaminosis, lack of selenium and iron.
Another causes of the disease can be presence in the apartment of unhealthy animals. Pets can not only be ill with stomatitis, but also to infect people in contact with him. So the owners of a sick pet, it is necessary to observe the rules of hygiene and to prevent the child’s contact with the pet until the animal fully recover.
The symptoms of a viral disease
In the early stages to detect the occurrence of stomatitis in a child is very difficult because the main symptoms of the disease similar to the flu, SARS and sore throat. Complicates the diagnosis of the disease even though, a small child will not be able to explain what hurts or does not understand the cause of the pain.
The first symptoms that occur in a child with stomatitis:
- discomfort in the throat;
- poor appetite;
- high body temperature;
- deterioration of mood and restlessness;
- General weakness.
If the disease has formed near the tooth or on the gums, the child may be concerned about a toothache, redness of the gums and swelling. This significantly increases the flow of saliva and the child becomes difficult to swallow food and liquid.
The next day after the apparent symptoms in the oral cavity, it is possible to detect the plaque white, gray or yellowish. In the following days, perhaps the appearance of obvious lesions, such as:
- Small blisters with clear fluid inside located groups. They quickly burst and heal slowly, later transformed into small ulcers with a white coating;
- Vesicles occur when infections from Pets. They are stored on the face and mucosa of the oral cavity up to 2 weeks;
- Small ulcers that appear on the tongue, inner sides of the cheeks, on the gums and palate. These ulcers covers the top film of white or gray, and on the circumference there is visible redness;
- Erosion on the mucosa of the oral cavity, which can reach the size of 2 centimeters. Their appearance is accompanied by a strong itch, burning and painful sensations;
- Cold sores occur on the cheeks, nose and on the inner sides of the lips. After the injury the wound begins to be covered in a thin yellow crust, which, bursting, bleeding, or festering.
In other severe forms of the disease, as well as with a significant immune deficiency, the ill may appear necrotic ulcers, which affect not only the mucosa of the mouth, but also deeper layers.
Constant appearance of sores, evidence of the presence in the body of chronic diseases such as spastic colitis, duodenitis, gastritis, liver and other gastrointestinal diseases.
As the disease, occurs due to viral infection and this disease is transmitted three ways:
- airborne droplets;
- by contact;
- through the blood.
Thus, infection of a child with stomatitis, it is possible anywhere: in kindergarten, through toys, through contact with ill child in the entertainment center, in shops and even in a children’s hospital.
To completely prevent infection is not possible. However, it is possible to prevent it in the body, you just need to follow simple rules of hygiene, and in the period of acute viral epidemics more frequent use of antiviral ointment (eg oksolinova ointment).
The incubation period
Every existing virus, once it enters the human body there is incubation period. During this period, the symptoms of the virus as does not appear. The terms in which will occur the incubation period, before onset of illness to predict is not possible, because:
- not known type of the virus itself;
- it is unknown whether there is a stomatitis, or does his education will be completely avoided.
The disease stomatitis incubation period depends on the type of disease because of which he came. In certain cases, at the time of the incubation period, the virus begins to intensify after a couple of days. This occurs in such diseases as herpes, adenovirus and measles. With the disease of chickenpox this happens in a few weeks. With correct treatment from the virus can get rid of two to three weeks.
When the disease is herpes, to get rid of the virus and take it out of the body is not possible. The virus remains in the body dormant.
How is it treated
If you have symptoms of stomatitis, an adult, to make a diagnosis, you should visit the dentist. In children, diagnosing the disease can pediatrician.
As soon as the doctor put the child an accurate diagnosis, will be assigned the necessary treatment. In most cases, the treatment of stomatitis is local effects on the affected area of soft tissue and mucosa.
Large and painful rash, is treated with antiseptic and analgesic drugs are used as anti-inflammatory and wound healing remedy.
Antibiotics to treat stomatitis is strictly prohibited. As they only aggravate the situation so painful. The maximum that can be prescribed by a doctor for a speedy recovery of the child’s medications that contain interferon, such as Anaferon, Viferon and others.
In addition to primary treatment, an important role when the disease is diet. All consumed food must be mushy and have a neutral taste, without the acid, spices, salt and sugar. To neglect eating because of the pain in any case impossible.
Before going to the doctor, soreness in children from the stomatitis in the first stages at home, you can:
- rinsing mouth with a decoction of chamomile, St. John’s wort, oak bark, sage;
- you need to handle painful and filled areas of the gums, sea buckthorn oil. But before treatment, rinse the mouth with rastvorom soda or hydrogen peroxide.
Recommendations for the treatment of
What would the treatment of the disease passed quickly, you need to follow the recommendations of doctors, such as:
- viral stomatitis, is considered to be a contagious disease. As soon as the child is sick, you need to isolate him. It should have separate utensils, and hygiene kits;
- after each meal the child needs to rinse your mouth. Rinse fits like plain water and herbal tea.
Stomatitis in children is easily treatable, and the mucous membrane of the mouth pretty quickly recovering from illness. That would completely eliminate the recurrence of the disease, immediately after the treatment you need to get rid of used nipples and toothbrushes.
Quite often stomatitis in children occurs due to a weakened immune system, so you need to follow these rules of prevention:
- follow closely, with the condition of the teeth, and at least once a year to visit with the child at the dentist;
- periodically for child, activities for strengthening the immune system, such as intake of essential vitamins and hardening;
- in infants, should also be subjected to disinfection of toys, teats and before feeding to treat chest;
Compliance with these simple and necessary rules that will allow in the future to avoid re-infection in this disease as stomatitis. Despite the fact that the disease is prevalent, and pharmacy offers a wide range of drugs for the treatment to attempt to treat stomatitis in a child is not worth it. As for treatment it is first necessary to establish the cause of the inflammatory process, and this can only be a specialist. Incorrect treatment can cause serious complications.