Stomatitis in year old child: symptoms and treatment
Stomatitis — inflammation of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. Pathology affects all age categories of the population. But is most common in people with weakened immune systems. The risk groups are children and the elderly.
During stomatitis in children 1 year and observed a series of clinical manifestations. In parallel, the tot exhibit a pronounced anxiety behavior accompanied by crying and whims. During the first symptoms of the disease, you should immediately seek help from a specialist.
Causes of pathology
The culprits of the inflammatory process can be fungi, viruses, bacteria. In some cases, the disease is of a mixed nature.
Predisposing factors for the development of stomatitis in children:
- Injuries of the oral cavity. Knowledge of the world of infants up to 1.5 years is carried out through the mouth. In order to explore a new toy, the crumbs are trying to lick. Sharp objects often cause injury to the delicate mucous membrane of the gums, cheeks and lips.
- The decrease in immunity after viral infections during teething.
- The toddler tendency to allergic reactions.
- Treatment with antibacterial drugs.
- Violation of the rules of oral hygiene.
- Avitaminosis, and malnutrition.
- Violation of nasal breathing.
Sometimes several predisposing factors, lead to the development of the disease in young children. How to treat stomatitis in a particular case, tell the attending dentist.
In preschoolers is quite common candidiasis. In people, the disease is called thrush. When the disease in the oral mucosa appear foci with a dense white bloom. It is easily removed, however, it reveals swelling, tenderness and redness. If you do not start timely treatment of stomatitis, pathology quickly spread to all healthy tissue. The main causes of candidiasis: reduced immunity as a result of somatic diseases, violation of the General hygienic rules, treatment with corticosteroids and antibiotics. Thrush in children to years may occur in the transmission of infection from mother during natural childbirth.
Bacterial stomatitis develops as a result of activation of conditionally pathogenic microorganisms. They begin to rapidly multiply, with the appearance of favorable factors: low immunity, the emergence of mucosal injury, licking dirty toys, dryness of the mouth due to the presence of problems of nasal breathing. Summer and spring are the most common seasons when the cases increase.
Aphthous stomatitis occurs in children quite often. It is accompanied by a General decline in well-being, lethargy, sleepiness, moodiness. On the tongue appears whitish plaque, oral mucosa painful, bloodshot. During the day on the inside of the lips, cheeks, tongue appears inflammation. In most cases, rashes are rare. Small round tumors, very painful. They are called aftari.
Herpes stomatitis develops under the impact of the herpes virus has its own symptoms. The disease begins acutely. The overall clinical picture is accompanied by fever, swollen lymph nodes, General malaise. The mouth is painful and dry, increases the amount of viscous saliva. The tongue and cheeks surrounded a whitish bloom. Sometimes toddler to complain of sore throat, which occurs when swallowing. Further, for 2 — 3 days appear foci of infection. They have the appearance of bubbly lesions. Items can be placed on: the tonsils, the tongue, gums, inside of lips and cheeks. Bubbles filled with clear content that later becomes cloudy. Through the day they opened and in their place are formed painful sores. Complete healing process happens 12-14 days from the beginning of the onset of symptoms.
Crumbs with weakened immune systems are quite difficult to tolerate acute herpetic stomatitis. After recovery, there is a possibility of recurrence. In chronic course, it is necessary to show the toddler the following specialists: allergist, immunologist, dentist.
Enteroviral stomatitis is an interesting name, syndrome hand — foot — mouth. The disease occurs as a result of the impact of the Coxsackie virus and Enterovirus 71 type. Sources of the disease are sick people, animals. Vector control is considered to be blood-sucking insects: mosquitoes, fleas, bedbugs. Unlike traditional disease, pathology may not only affect the mouth but the skin of hands, feet, body. A characteristic feature is the presence of educational elements on the soles and palms.
Parents need to remember, some types of stomatitis are very contagious. That is why, if one was ill the kid, in order to protect the rest of the family is necessary to observe preventive measures.
The symptoms of stomatitis
Depending on the pathogen, the disease may have a different flow. On the severity of the process, there are the following forms:
- Catarrhal. Fortunately, it is most common in babies. When severe, the General health of babies, as a rule, is not disturbed. It affects only the surface tissues of the mucosa. The disease with proper treatment recedes in a short time;
- Ulcerative. Is accompanied by appearance of painful ulcers on the tongue, inside the cheeks, lips, gums. In the inflammatory process involves not only local tissues, but also blood and lymphatic system. As a result, children feel much worse, increased body temperature, enlarged lymph nodes;
Depending on the nature of the flow, diseases are divided into acute, subacute, and recurrent.
Common signs of disease include:
- The decline in overall health. The crumbs are concerned, you cry, trying to shove pens in my mouth.
- Sleep disturbance occurs as a result of the presence of physical discomfort. Quite often, in children under the age of 1 year, the pathology occurs in the background of the teething and associated symptoms.
- Refusal to eat. Any rough, hot, cold, sour, sweet food causes pain. Parents who do not know about the presence of worry of their kids, continue to try to feed them forbidden food. Wrong actions cause more pain. Preschoolers throwing tantrums during mealtimes.
- Baby tells mom or dad about the presence of pain in the mouth, using available speech and gestures.
- During the examination, the oral mucosa hyperemic, edematous, the local temperature is raised. Well observed foci of infection. Depending on the source of the disease they can be: bubbles, aphthas, ulcers. Elements usually covered with grayish or yellowish tinge. Observed bleeding of the gingival papillae.
- Excessive saliva leads to the fact that the baby does not have time to swallow saliva, it flows from his mouth. It differs in viscosity and malleability. In most cases, hypersalivation is accompanied by a cough that is worse in the horizontal position. Sometimes parents themselves set a false diagnosis. As a result, they begin to realize inadequate therapy of bronchitis, viral infections, various drugs.
- Fever in milder degrees of flow does not reach 38° C, severe, body temperature has a persistent and pronounced increase. It is difficult to bring down the antipyretic agents. The heat is proof of the penetration of infection into the bloodstream.
- Swollen lymph nodes.
If an abnormal condition occurs with symptoms of intoxication and dehydration, it is necessary to decide the question of admission. Young patient age is considered a major cause for concern.
Treatment of pathology
Therapy should begin with a definition of the disease. For a speedy recovery, you must do the General principles:
- Dietotherapy. Food should be served in a warm puree shaped. To eliminate the allergic factor, try not to introduce food new complementary foods. In the presence of a tendency to allergic reactions, avoid obvious allergens: citrus fruits, eggs, dairy products. The time to completely eliminate from the diet of sweets, fruits and vegetables containing acids.
To eliminate the possibility of development of dehydration and to speed up the healing process, give your baby to drink plenty of pure water. If the toddler is not allergic to chamomile flowers, you can brew them and give a weak solution in the form of a drink. Chamomile has a very good antiseptic, calming and soothing action;
- Be sure to conduct hygienic treatment of the oral cavity after a meal. The dishes of the patient after washing objavite boiling water.
- The presence of fever over 38.5° C it is recommended to use antipyretics. In Pediatrics widely used drugs on the basis of Paracetamol and Ibuprofen. They are available in the form of suppositories, chewable tablets, rectal suppositories. Easy-to-use form by the parents.
- To recovery occurred faster, it is necessary to create favorable conditions for this: to humidify and ventilate the area, get rid of dust. In good health, it is recommended to take a walk with the baby near water, parks;
- Local treatment is carried out using safe antiseptic rinses. They can be carried out with a weak solution of chamomile tea. To speed up the recovery process carry out a careful wiping of the mouth with a cotton pad soaked in Miramistin, water-soda-salt solution.
Treatment gels and ointments promotes rapid healing and recovery. To the regenerating means include gel and Solcoseryl Actovegin. Hlorofillipt has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Available in the form of solutions, sprays, pills, used successfully in Pediatrics;
- Safe to analgesic drugs include: Kalgel, Baby-dent, Holisal.
- Than to treat diseases of allergic nature? In case of confirmed fact, used antihistamines. These include: Suprastin, Zyrtec, Fenistil;
- Antifungal therapy is indicated for confirmed candidiasis. For treatment, the mucosa is treated with ointments Pimafucin, Nystatin, Clotrimazole. The pediatrician or dentist can prescribe fluconazole or Diflucan capsules.
Before you start treatment of thrush in the mouth of a toddler, be sure to get expert advice. Sometimes parents take physiological milk tongue coating in infants, for pathology, and try to eliminate it;
- With the viral nature of the disease, and Acyclovirbuy use Oxolinic ointment, cream Zovirax, Bonafton.
Before beginning treatment, be sure to show child’s pediatric dentist to determine the cause of pathology and appointment of adequate treatment. Remember that antibiotics in the case of herpes and fungal nature of the disease are ineffective and harmful!
Stomatitis is quite frequent companion of kids and brings inconvenience to their owners and their parents.
In order to reduce the risk of inflammatory processes, it is necessary to follow simple recommendations:
- Performs complete care of the oral cavity.
- Timely praecepit somatic diseases.
- Provide adequate nutrition and rest his toddler. Ensure that the body receives enough amount of liquid.
- Protect kids from injuries.
- Keep the toy, cultivate children the rules of hygiene.
- Strengthen your immune system by the method of quenching.
- Make routine dentist visits kopirajte chronic infections in the development stage.