Strengthening your gums at home
Strengthening your gums at home — a necessary condition for a healthy mouth. The fortress of your teeth and gums is required not only for good digestion and normal chewing of food, but it’s a sign of the health of the entire body and the aesthetic appearance of the face. Today it is scientifically proven that bad gums and teeth lead to heart problems.
The essence of the problem
Gums (lat. Gingiva) is the mucous membrane that covers alveolar processes of jaws and covers the neck of the teeth. It consists of a papilla (interdental), the gingival margin (marginal gingiva) is the free part. A stationary part attached to and movable. The fortress of teeth is directly related to the condition of the gums. If the gum tissue is weakened, inflamed, suffers fortress of the dentition.
Gum disease causes the tooth root and the bulk of the tooth ceases to support, and teeth begin to move freely, in varying degrees, appears their unsteadiness. This is most clearly expressed in the mandible. Bone tissue begins to atrophy. Suggests a clear conclusion: strengthening and healing the gums to reduce the risk of periodontal disease and other dental problems.
If when brushing your teeth appears bleeding, the gums are swollen and bluish, the teeth become loose in the mouth there is the taste of periodic pus, root and tooth neck bared (when inflammation is lowered gingival tissue and the tooth neck open) and there is a putrid breath are signs of gingivitis or periodontitis. The most harmful in the situations of inaction. Submissive expectation of the complete loss of teeth is not long to wait.
Than to strengthen the teeth and gums? You need to have some idea of provoking factors.
There are many of them, and the exclusion of even one of them will significantly improve the situation with the oral cavity.
So, causes of gum disease:
- poor oral hygiene, including poor care for gums;
- untreated dental disease (periodontal disease, caries, periodontitis, periodontitis);
- eating disorders;
- chronic disease and endocrine disorders (diabetes, imbalance of hormones);
- arthritis and psoriasis;
- infection of the oral cavity;
- injuries of hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity;
- overloading of the jaw;
- razgryzaniya nuts;
- circulatory disorders of the gums;
- Smoking and alcohol;
- hypovitaminosis C;
Especially should pay attention to what’s wrong with brushing your teeth can still boee to aggravate the condition of the gums.
Signs of damage to gums
In addition to the above factors, it should be noted:
- changing the hue of the tissues;
- pain and discomfort in the gums;
- the openness of periodontal pockets greater than 2 mm;
- the precariousness of the teeth;
- the appearance of wide gaps between the teeth;
- pus, boils on the gums, fistulas and abscesses.
In these circumstances, ordinary care of teeth and hygiene will not help, it is necessary to consult a doctor and undergo treatment. Antibiotics are necessary in the treatment of inflammation in the oral cavity, but they should be administered only by a dentist. Form release are different: it’s not just pills, but also mouthwash, ointments, gels, etc. do not Self medicate because of ineffective and harmful.
If symptoms of gingivitis are not identified, it is necessary to care of teeth at home. Strengthening your gums alone is possible. There are a lot of drugs, pastes, folk remedies, diet and hygiene.
Caring for the gums is impossible to imagine without regular opolaskivanie mouth. All applied for this solutions are anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects. They can help the person only remove the manifestation of the disease, but to treat the disease you need medical advice. Rinse cleans gums during the day. Those who ignore it, usually 15% more visits to the dentist. Washing is preferably carried out after each meal, especially after a sour fruit, coffee and drinks. To neutralize the acid thus well suited club soda.
At home rinse, you can use decoctions of herbs. Some plants have antiseptic, regenerating effect: chamomile, oak bark, calamus, sage, lemon balm, St. John’s wort. They can be brewed individually or mixed. The only condition is that the solution should be fresh. The cooking method is the same for any herb: 1 tsp per Cup of boiling water for about an hour.
To the broth you can add a drop of essential oil. They strengthen the action of the herbs. Use essential oils: pine needles, lemongrass, eucalyptus, lavender, bergamot, tea tree and rose oil.
Saline solution is a great antimicrobial agent for the rinse. A strong solution is not necessary, just salt on the tip of a teaspoon in a glass of warm water.
How to strengthen gums at home ointments and gels sold in pharmacies? Ointments take away the feeling of itching, reduce bleeding, relieve pain. For example, ointment Solcoseryl is used for bleeding gums and periodontal disease with the precariousness of the teeth.
Reduce inflammation and relieve pain gels, their action is prolonged due to the film that they form on the teeth. They help to better tablets and rinses. Use them up to 6 times per day to avoid overdose. So, the most popular gels:
- Widely known and efficient Metrogyl Denta (antibacterial and anti-inflammatory), but children under 6 years not recommended. It is better to use gel Holisal.
- Gel Asepta — its active principle of propolis. Prevents the inflammation, pain medication, kills bacteria. Strengthens the gum tissue. Results are visible already after 2 weeks.
- Gel Caffeine — improves gum blood circulation, reduces swelling, prevents capillary fragility.
- The gels Algoflon, Alugel contain antiseptic chlorhexidine.
- Bioactive medicinal cryogel — they are treated periodontal pockets with a periodontal disease, has anti-inflammatory effect. It has dioksidin (antimicrobial drug), polifepan (sorbent which removes toxins), kriostrukturirovaniya starch.
Splinting of mobile teeth is used for advanced forms of periodontal disease, when very wobbly teeth. There is partial atrophy of the gingival and bone tissue. The essence of the method lies in the fact that wobbly teeth on the outside or the inside of the doctors fasten a durable strip of special material is a thin aramid, fiberglass or polyethylene thread. It is imposed on a special glue. Chewing, brushing your teeth on a thread do not apply.
They are for long and short applications. For short-term use of 2-4 weeks apply the paste with antiseptics: Hexetidine, Chlorhexidine, phenyl salicylate. They are appointed for a period of treatment at the dentist if you have active gum disease. Paste for long-term use are composed of only natural anti-inflammatory agents and fluoride that prevents the growth of microbes in the mouth.
Strengthen teeth includes the use of therapeutic toothpastes. Dentists recommend the following firming: President classic, President Exclusive, Splat ginger, Spetsializi Madrid Asset Lakalyut Asset, Parodontax, Forest balm from bleeding gums.
Proper cleaning of teeth and care oral cavity
Need to brush your teeth 5 minutes after eating, not before. The oral hygiene must be done after each meal, instead of 2 times a day. Movement brush should be sweeping, vertical. Before brushing your teeth you need floss to clean interdental spaces, as well as after a small snack, this can also use chewing gum. Mouthwash is used after brushing your teeth 2 times a day during orthodontic dentures and crowns used by the irrigator. Snacks should not consist of baking.
After evening cleansing should not eat, nibble nuts or seeds. Toothbrush after brushing you need to wash with soap and rinse with boiling water. You need to treat not only teeth but also a tongue, cheek. For this purpose, a special dental spoons, and scrapers:
- Spoon — spatula made of plastic, which is carried on the surface of tongue from root to tip.
- Scraper — plastic loop with fibers. In a pinch you can use silicone paste on the toothbrush.
- Irrigator — a special device that cleans interdental spaces.
Products for strengthening the gums
Is it possible and how to strengthen the teeth at home? There are a set of products that can help:
- foods high in calcium: milk, cheese, cottage cheese;
- foods high in vitamin C: citrus fruits, sauerkraut, garlic, greens and berries, almonds, pine nuts, eggs;
- a source of phosphorus for bones: seafood and fish;
- onions and nuts prevent the formation of Tartar;
- anti-inflammatory and healing action and has red wine, green tea.
A special massage
Desna is a very delicate fabric. Therefore, you should try not to damage it mechanically, it also reacts to the food temperature and its density. Extremes are not needed. Massage improves circulation, speeds up cell regeneration. It can be done with the fingers: pre-wash your hands and treated with Chlorhexidine. Finger movement is circular and is directed from the center to the sides, the exposure time of about 5 minutes. When pain massage lay. Contraindications — severe bleeding and flux.
How to strengthen gums at home folk remedies? Traditional remedies are not an alternative to a trip to the dentist, but they are a good complement to treatment. Applied in the form of lotions and compresses. They increase the tone and elasticity of the gums, strengthen blood vessels:
- Golden mustache — has a healing property. Used as a tincture for rinsing.
- A decoction of a mixture of herbs: St. John’s wort, wild strawberry leaves and flowers of the elderberry.
- Decoction of chamomile, calendula, sage, or mixtures thereof.
- Birch buds, thyme is also used for rinsing.
- You can use regular soda, to which add salt and sage tea.
- Hydrogen peroxide, a decoction of pine buds, calamus root, nettle (has a hemostatic effect).
- Propolis alcohol tincture is prepared, which after a 10-day exposure slightly diluted with water. This composition is rubbed into the gums. Or you can use the propolis rinse: 10 drops of tincture in a glass of water. You grate and a mixture of sea salt and vegetable oil. Celandine — ready extract from the pharmacy diluted with water and used for treatment of mouth. To RUB the gums is recommended by Professor Soloviev: a mixture of 1 tbsp honey and 1 tsp salt. Looseness of the gums, he recommends a mixture of 2 tbsp vegetable oil and 4 drops of rose oil. Rubbing is carried out after brushing your teeth.
- Aloe leaves are cut, and the pulp is applied to the gums (good for swelling). Also make plantain leaves (is bactericidal), the effect occurs quickly — within 2 days.
Looseness of the gums they cause:
- the juice of yarrow;
- a solution of Shilajit — removes bleeding and promotes healing, it can be used for wiping or rinsing;
- for processing used and fresh beet juice in mixture with olive oil, grated raw potatoes.
20 minutes after rubbing the mouth rinse decoction of chamomile.
When the teeth are already loose, just a rinse will do little need to treat the teeth and gums. Prevention is based on 1 simple rule: it is easier to care for and monitor the condition of their gums and teeth, than to spend money and time on treatment. It is no secret that dental treatment is a costly event.
In addition to proper and regular hygiene, it is necessary to abandon bad habits, primarily Smoking. Nicotine destroys teeth, they darken and turn yellow, they accumulate plaque, and increases Tartar. Can help preventive courses of calcium. You should strengthen your immune system, every six months to visit the dentist. The need for timely treatment of caries and periodontal.