Stump inlay will be under the crown — what is it, photo, reviews
What is a post-and-core tab for a crown? Photos and real reviews about it, how it is made and installed in the oral cavity.
In order to more deeply explore kultovymi crowns we compare them with the pins, will talk about the positive and negative aspects of selection.
What is it?
Post-and-core tab for a crown – a specially designed fixture for subsequent installation on it of the denture. This tool is used for complete destruction of the patient’s teeth.
Despite the length and relative complexity of the installation design, it is becoming increasingly popular among patients and the dental community. This is due to the reliability of the devices that qualitatively distinguishes it from other designs with the same purpose.
There are several types kultovyh tabs, distinguish them according to the material and method of manufacture. By type of manufacturing are the following:
- Foldable post-and-core tab with the ability to remove and add the necessary pins can be applied in the case of destruction of a tooth with multiple roots. Reliability and complexity in selection and installation.
- Cast post-and-core tab — one part is responsible for the mounting in the dentition of man, and the second restores the shape of dental crown. The name came from the typical method of manufacture, it is done under high temperature and pressure.
Fabrication and installation
The material for manufacturing them can be divided into the following types:
- ceramic is the main material is extruded ceramics, she gives the smile an aesthetic look. Thanks to high-tech fabrication, it eliminates the possibility of dental problems in the place of installation;
- metal can be manufactured from a wide range of materials ranging from cobalt to noble metals. These tabs are highlighted in tooth row, which may cause some discomfort for patients, so they are placed on the back chewing teeth. Are reliable;
- from metal and ceramic is aesthetically more pleasing design, but have low reliability. Cases of loss occurs due to incompatibility of the components of the design in terms of response to thermal treatment;
- composite — not frequently used due to low reliability and unreasonably high cost of their manufacture and installation.
For each patient you can select the most suitable type and shape of the copings, and then proceed to its installation. Should more thoroughly understand this process:
- Training — a damaged tooth is treated by ordinary scheme, including fillings root canal, after the dentist rasprobyvat about half the length of previously filled root canals. It is necessary for the subsequent installation in these areas of the pins from stump pads, so they fit the patient, the doctor creates special casts of dental cavities. With the prepared tooth, make a mold, and the resulting cavity is filled with special masses. Two prints is compared, and come to the final form of the future tabs. For more detailed pictures, the dentist can make casts of the teeth from the opposite jaw.
- Dental technicians based on casts made crown will lie as to the adjacent teeth and the chewing surfaces of the opposite jaw.
- If the teeth have several roots, it is folding post-and-core tab, which we talked about earlier, it is set in the tooth cavity. Due to the presence in its structure a special opening, through it enter an additional pin in the root canal. Then the design fixed with special cement, which makes it a monolithic insert.
- On the installed tab priazovya crown that is made specifically for the design of the stump pad. Modern processes of casting the latter contribute to the rapid and accurate connection of the two parts of the structure. The result is a tooth tab with metal base, made of ceramic.
The above installation steps are not final, as the technician can determine the form and sequence of installation of the tabs in accordance with each specific case.
For more detailed information on this issue, we offer you to look at some pictures and diagrams.
The pros and cons
Cultivee tabs have several advantages relative to previous methods of teeth restoration:
- the ability to make precise fitting of the dental crown to the tab;
- the relative resistance to mechanical and chemical damage;
- can significantly reduce the load on the dentoalveolar system;
- reliable installation to the teeth with multiple roots;
- perfect reliability design, which is achieved due to the accurate selection of form and materials;
- allows you to create entire rows (or bridges) dentures, providing them with support;
- can restore even the most damaged teeth.
- the design features do not allow harmful organisms to penetrate into the cavity of the restored tooth;
- due to the method of installation damage crowns copings should not be changed, it is possible to create a new crown;
- not harm the condition of the adjacent teeth.
However, there are a few drawbacks. As a rule, all of them related to the complexity of manufacture:
- significant time of installation — it is impossible to make at once, it is preceded by the measurement procedure of the cavities of the damaged tooth and the process of creating the tabs by a dental technician;
- the high cost of this form of prosthesis;
- for correct installation, the dentist must have extensive experience in prosthetics;
- installation requires cutting a significant amount of the tooth surface.
Despite the relative progressiveness, post-and-core tab can be suitable not for everyone. There are a number of contraindications for its installation:
- significant damage to the root system of the tooth;
- diseases of the soft tissues near the place of installation, the appearance of a foreign body may worsen the condition of the affected areas;
- of individual contraindications for the placement of structures containing some materials (an allergic reaction);
- problems with the condition of the neighbouring teeth — when they have pathological mobility mounted design will not be able to function and pose a risk to the entire dentition.
Before installing the copings, the dentist must ensure that no patient has all of the symptoms listed above. Special attention should be paid to possible allergic reactions to design elements.
What is more common is patients? Most of the reviews are positive due to the novelty and progressiveness. Especially positive about kultovyh tabs respond to the people who had to deal with older forms of prosthesis (e.g., pins). They note that the design of the copings more fits in the dentoalveolar system and does not cause much discomfort.
Svetlana, 46 years
«I had completely destroyed one of the big molars and I’ve accepted this state of Affairs, but dentist advised you to install copings. First, a low price, but still I agreed. Now I do not regret any discomfort I feel is excellent, and the crown looks even better than your own teeth.»
You can often find reviews in which we are talking about swelling of gums after you install copings or her hair loss. It should be noted that this form of prosthesis is considered to be one of the most reliable.
Video: what is post-and-core tab and why is it necessary?
► How much?
The price depends on the complexity of its design and the clinics where it is set. The average cost of a single-rooted tab is in the area of 2500-3000 rubles, and dismountable from 3000 rubles. These prices are relevant to cheap metals, more expensive materials will cost from 5000 rubles.
► Had post-and-core tab with a crown – what to do?
You need to consult a dentist that you have set. As a rule, such complex structures are warranted and you can restore it with a crown for free.
► Hurts to put on a tooth?
Construction is set to completely processed tooth (lacking slurry), so some discomfort you may feel, but for serious pain it should not go. If it is still there, inform the dentist.
► Post-and-core tab or pin – which is better?
Stump inlay will be considered to be more progressive prosthetics option, it is characterized by great reliability and it does not violate the structure of the dental system. The downside is its cost and the relatively long installation process.
► How long can you go with her?
It all depends on the manufacturing technique and design specialist, by which it was established. After proper installation it is worn over the decades, in the opposite case, the period of its functioning can be counted per day.