Subgingival plaque: symptoms, pictures, how to remove
With unpleasant to touch and Tartar is familiar to many. This problem is often a regular reason for visiting the dentist and seeking professional cleaning. But much more dangerous subgingival plaque – symptoms, pictures and how to remove it will describe in detail.
There are two kinds of deposits, which spoil the health of the oral cavity. And if the supragingival stone visually noticeable, then the second option is more insidious due to its hidden location. Only dentist at quality inspection can detect a similar problem.
What is subgingival stone and how is it formed?
There is supragingival and subgingival dental calculus. They have something in common – it is mineral deposits, hardened and darkened, which promotes the accelerated development of bacteria. And yet, the difference in the rest of the quite palpable.
Probably everyone has ever seen it looks like the supragingival stone – yellow or brown hard headbands around the neck of the tooth. To get rid of him alone will not work, so the dentist cleans the different ways the oral cavity, which eliminates such mineralized plaque.
Subgingival stone refers to whey of education on the basis of a natural internal fluid and proteins in the body. This plaque is invisible, so how is he inside periodontal pockets. When the layer of stone thickens, pulls back the gums, exposing the tooth root and go fast bacteria.
If you ignore a problem it will worsen and you may experience the consequences, such as cysts, granulomas, inflammation of the bone and soft tissues. To diagnose and conduct treatment of such problems is available only in the dental office.
To the appearance of Tartar any type include the following factors:
- Bad oral hygiene in General. It may be the improper selection of tooth brush, paste, illiterate movement during the daily treatment, and even the complete absence of necessary procedures.
- Poor nutrition – high carbohydrate content and of soft food, rare use of fresh vegetables, passion sweet fizzy drinks, etc.
- Malocclusion or uneven teeth, their torsion or too close location.
- Defective or improperly installed dentures, implants, fillings.
- General illness can also contribute to the formation of subgingival calculus – impaired metabolism, abnormalities in the internal organs.
Initially, there is light thin and soft plaque. Then the plaque is formed, which become difficult to clean. Very quickly without proper treatment it hardens and darkens, which only exacerbates the problem. When the stone was hard and stale, brush it becomes much more difficult even with the help of special tools.
How to remove?
More simple supragingival stone is easy to remove only with professional methods in the dentist’s office. Subgingival education it is impossible to detect without a doctor’s visit and speech on self cleaning and can not be.
Cleaning procedures of any kind of plaque is accomplished in the following stages:
- Depending on complexity and location, select the appropriate cleaning method and the procedure of open curettage.
- Cleaned surfaces are polished so that the new RAID is not settled in the rough.
- To protect the enamel of the teeth are additionally treated with a special compound containing high amount of fluoride.
If we are talking about cleaning the subgingival pockets, most often use ultrasound and special spoons. Alternatively, use antiseptic solutions. Polishing pastes produce and rubber tips.
If it is suspected that the plaque and the stone was formed from malnutrition or disturbed metabolism, the doctor may prescribe a special diet. Dentists also recommend after the procedure is to use a while toothpastes and mouthwashes with a protective composition.
Many are concerned the question is whether aching tooth in the presence of the stone, and especially during cleaning. If the RAID is fresh, it doesn’t cause any unpleasant sensations. The process of cleaning can be painful in some cases, it will depend on the type and complexity of the problem and the chosen method of cleaning.
Some patients prefer to use folk remedies not to visit the dentist. And though their effectiveness is questionable, will describe the most common. Does he decide, having tried the recipe:
- Boil 40 grams of the shell of walnut in a glass of water for 20 minutes.
- The broth will be filtered and cooled, dip the brush in it for 10-15 minutes.
- Are treatment teeth as usual, periodically dipping the brush additionally in the obtained composition.
And yet, a complete professional cleaning of the stone, especially if it is subgingival or old, is possible only in the doctor’s office. Happens the longer mineralization and hardening of the plaques, the harder they are to clean. Homemade same ways it is possible to remove only the soft surface coating.
Remember, the longer you delay going to the doctor, the neglect becomes a problem and the resulting treatment will be expensive, long and painful. So do not delay, and to detect subgingival stone, eliminating its symptoms, and most importantly – reason.
Video: bleeding gums and the subgingival Tartar.
Any dental problem can timely detect or prevent regular visits to the doctor. This also applies to the formation of stone. Be a lot easier if the dentist will notice the first signs of plaques and clean for their gentle ways, absolutely painless, to prevent the spread of bacteria.
It is also important to practise good oral hygiene and maintaining a healthy diet to minimize the occurrence of plaque and deposits. If to collect all the preventative measures, they can be briefly listed:
- Visiting the dentist every six months.
- The choice is quite hard brushes and abrasive pastes.
- The right movements during the daily cleaning.
- Eat hard fruits and vegetables.
- Rinse after each meal, it is better special for this rather than plain water.
- To make a professional cleaning of the oral cavity in a contemporary way.
Since the cause of stone formation may lie not only in the care or nutrition, it is not always prevention is fully capable to protect from emergence of such problems. And yet, they significantly reduce the likelihood of any complications.