Superficial caries: a photo history of the disease, treatment
The destruction of tooth tissue, the loss of enamel minerals, pain — all this is accompanied by superficial caries. A photo history of the disease, the treatment, everything related to this process, we will tell you today.
Education of erosion can be detected at the inspection, transillumination, sensing. Up to 70% of children exposed to the disease. In adults the clinical picture worse, as it is not always possible to do small methods and just a completely natural, as in childhood.
Causes of superficial caries
Why chalk stains from developing tooth decay? The process of destruction of enamel is linked to its demineralization. At the first stage remains intact, but only in appearance, because in fact, tooth decay has already developed. If treatment to spend on this stage, further growth of the defect is terminated.
The main cause of erosion, especially in children, is considered pathological activity of bacteria. It occurs with poor oral hygiene, but there are other factors leading to the problem:
- a reduced amount of fluorine in the teeth;
- lowered immunity;
- change of composition of saliva.
Plaque accumulate on the wisdom tooth or any other tooth forms a kind of plaque that covers the dentin. Organic acids appear during the fermentation of food residues, resulting in changing pH in the mouth and faster destruction of the enamel. Accelerate the appearance of carious cavity the wearing of various orthodontic appliances, dentures, diseases of somatic nature, an abnormal bite, hypocalvaria.
A superficial caries is not so bright symptoms, with deep damage to the dentin. Because of the paucity of signs people are rarely on time draws attention to the problem. In some cases, to identify it are only able dentist, especially if the destruction has affected aproximally surface.
The symptoms that help to identify the problem include:
- Pain short-term nature.
- Small defects on the enamel.
- Discomfort when brushing.
- The roughness of teeth.
The appearance of the affected dentin will be uneven, melveny. Often preceded by dental caries is the appearance of white stains as the enamel loses its luster and starts to break down. Pain often observed in the localization process at the neck of the tooth. If there is erosion on the convex area, the long-time discomfort is felt due to the increase of dentin that protects the pulp.
The characteristic feature may be the food getting stuck in the defect. If it is located close to the gum, then gradually it will become inflamed, and will bleed upon contact, will appear edema.
► The disease in the black is of the following types:
- Visory caries affects natural cavities and cavities.
- Aproximally — can spread to cutting, and molars. Damage focus is often on the edge.
- Cervical view is located at the base of the crown. For this subtype, characterized by the fact that the pathological process affects multiple teeth.
► Classification by frequency of occurrence:
- primary — the area not exposed to the treatment, no pathological processes noted previously there were not;
- secondary recurrence in the area of the seal or underneath.
► To subdivide caries is possible and the severity of its symptoms:
- Offset — the progress is very slow, the tooth is almost no worries and other symptoms may be absent. For this type of disease is characterized by the probability of a full stop of development of carious cavity. In such cases, to prevent its formation is possible by conventional methods of hygiene.
- Subcompensated — although the course can not be called sluggish, but still the first signs, especially as expressed in pain and discomfort the person feels later.
- Asthma — the destruction of the dentin occurs rapidly, so the initial stage rapidly flows into deep decay.
The intensity of the disease there are multiple and individual processes.
Surface caries — treatment
Surface degradation dentin is the initial stage of tooth decay, so his treatment often go without drilling. But the dentist will need to remove the damaged layer, which achieve a soft grinding. On treated tooth will cause a gel or suitable (sterile bandage soaked in a solution) with such funds:
- fluorine-containing paint;
- calcium gluconate;
- the sodium fluoride.
A preliminary diagnosis is required to differentiate caries from other diseases that affect tooth enamel. A thorough examination and x-rays are needed to install the localization of the affected crowns and a decision on the need to prepare (drill) teeth.
Usually the restoration of enamel after remineralization occurs, but sometimes the dentist can offer treatment on the system Icon. A protective layer on the defect diminishes and becomes porous, so use a sealer. Thanks to the penetration into the pores is recovered, the structure of the crown. The treatment process is:
- Etchant — in this stage, the tooth cloth is treated in a gentle part of the series. This procedure allows you to avoid drilling and grinding.
- Drying the surface of the alcoholic solution.
- The application of infiltration in the affected area — after penetration into the pores of the enamel he polimerizuet light.
The doctor monitors the condition of the tooth some more time and if erosion continues to deepen, it is full filling.
With timely treatment and the treatment attention in the future for quality oral hygiene high favorable outcome. Thinning of dentine ceases, if you Supplement regular brushing opolaskivaniem the oral cavity after meals, use floss and periodic examination by the dentist.
The implementation of preventive guidelines helps to avoid tooth decay:
- it is better to abandon food with strong stimuli (sour, excessively salty, chips). To reduce worth amount of all kinds of snacks with carbohydrates;
- if the enamel is matte any areas you need to go to the dentist for treatment and mineralization;
- after a snack sweet and flour for 10 minutes to clean the teeth;
- regular Tartar removal and professional cleaning of plaque;
- striping spreads the healing effect and the cleansing effect;
- intake of vitamin preparations;
- treatment of teeth with calcium and fluoride — in this case, you can adjust the diet to receive sufficient amount of minerals. Daily drink is 1-2 cups of fluoridated water.
Prevention will avoid destruction of the tooth and eliminates the need of treatment. Timely action will save you from unpleasant consequences like pulpitis and prosthetics.
Video: treatment of superficial caries under the microscope.
► Code for ICD-10
According to the international classification of diseases the disease has a code — K02.
► To treat or not?
To treat superficial caries must, otherwise it will deepen. Treatment in this case will be more costly but the important thing is that the process can lead to several dental diseases and infestation of healthy teeth.