Swollen cheek, but the tooth hurts: how to remove the tumor?
Swollen cheek, but the tooth does not hurt. How to remove a tumor yourself and what you need to do in this case? Such questions people ask themselves who find themselves in a similar situation.
Swelling of the cheeks can happen to anyone, because it has dozens of reasons. It arises unexpectedly, in certain situations, it may instantly grow in size. And at this point the man starts to panic, so it is important not to succumb to his oppressed mood, and to use common sense.
In this situation it is not necessary to self-medicate, to delay the visit to the doctor and even more to believe that it will pass on their own, because of a trivial swelling can hide a large number of internal diseases of the body.
Most people if you experience swelling of the cheeks, when nothing hurts, do not seek medical attention. They cherish the hope that all will be gone as quickly as it appeared. This is a dangerous misconception, because in advanced cases a swelling, which seems trivial, can cause serious harm and sometimes even cause death.
The swelling of the cheeks is a clear signal which indicates that the human body develops inflammation.
The reasons for its occurrence a great multitude, so for readability you can divide them into groups:
- diseases associated with the oral cavity;
- swelling that occur after a dental treatment;
- disease other systems and organs.
Tumors arising from dental diseases
The most common cause of cheek swelling are diseases of the teeth:
- inflammatory infiltrate poor quality root canal treatment and the running condition of the teeth, can lead to issues such as apical periodontitis and pulpitis. Most often a few days before the development of edema of a person tormented by toothache. In this case, a site of inflammation is in the upper or lower jaw adjacent to the tooth root. In the case of ignoring treatment after 5-7 days, you may receive the flux, which later turns to heavy processes, such as cellulitis or abscess. When this occurs, the melting of the soft tissues and accumulates purulent exudate that may spread to the neighboring jaw area and even get into the bloodstream, leading to sepsis, which can lead to a fatal outcome. So do not ignore the disease occurred, and in the shortest term to refer to a maxillofacial surgeon to determine the cause and treatment;
- when periodontal disease — with age, teeth lose their stability, the gums become bloody and loose. Affected by periodontal disease teeth and gums become vulnerable to infections. Sometimes the few remaining teeth there are a lot of swelling, which is impossible to remove the medication. The situation is only one – the removal and subsequent prosthetics of teeth;
- improper growth of wisdom tooth — swelling may appear at the location of the eighth teeth, indicating a violation of their development or eruption. In a problematic area arises slimy hood, which penetrate under the food remains, as they are awkward to clean out, a number could remain under the mucosa and cause irritation. While a person there is pain, and in some cases temperature and swelling of the cheeks or gums. If the tooth has partially erupted, when speaking and eating, it can injure the cheek, which also leads to increased swelling. The patient have to visit the dental surgeon, he’ll cut the hood to have a place to grow wisdom teeth, but most often the problem tooth will have to pull out.
Effects of treatment
Another common cause. Swelling the cheek can:
- allergic reactions — they occur because of hypersensitivity of the organism to components of dental materials. One of the manifestations of Allergy may be swelling of the cheek that occur in a short time after treatment. In this case, the doctor will have to remove the seal or rasprobyvat channel, and remake their work, but others are a hypoallergenic material;
- after removal of the nerve after sealing the canal of the tooth when nerve is removed, the patient can not understand why swollen cheek, if the tooth does not hurt. This is due to the individual characteristics of the location of the canal system of the tooth, when a small branch is a small piece of nerve or of poor quality when it cured the inexperienced dentist. It is important to know that if you leave such a tumor without attention, you can lose a tooth;
- after tooth extraction the tumor appears after complicated removal operation, therefore, the dentist recommends to avoid hot and irritating foods and alcohol for a day, and not to touch the hands and language of the place where the problematic tooth. If there is swelling, try to apply cold to the sore area for 10 to 15 minutes. This can be repeated several times, only taking breaks so as not to SuperCool the cheek. Swelling caused by such a reason, spontaneously;
- after a cut on the gums — when the inflammation has led to the formation of purulent infiltration, to give it a churn, make the incision of the gums, so on the first day the swelling may increase.
If after dental procedures of the following symptoms, you need to urgently see a dentist:
- the tumor growth in size – one of the symptoms of what inflammation is increasing, and this may lead to suppuration;
- pain in the affected area is getting stronger day by day;
- feeling of fullness in the place of swelling, the increase in temperature.
Not only problems in the mouth cause swelling of the cheeks, but also:
- neurological disease — in addition to changes in appearance, there are other symptoms such as sore throat, stuffy ears and others. To clarify the reasons for the appearance of the tumor it is better to consult a neurologist;
- problems with internal organs — swelling of the cheeks may appear due to the accumulation of water in the body. If there is such swelling should immediately seek the assistance of a therapist because this condition may indicate a serious health disorder;
- infection — if you get an infection, the doctor will appoint a course of antibacterial treatment to get rid of this disease. Often this happens in a child during inflammation in the lymph nodes;
- cyst — a cyst sebaceous glands contributes to a change in configuration of the face. If the tumor is constantly growing, increasing the tumor of cheek region, then it is surgical removal;
- other causes — cheek after the injury may swell. If not disturbed the integrity of the bones, to reduce swelling you can make a cold compress. When the swelling is not decreasing but rather increasing in size, you need to show the injured spot of the trauma.
What to do in the first place?
Usually the reason can be swelling cheek, identify with teeth. So, if you are not sure that the teeth are absolutely healthy, a specialist, who will visit in the first place, is a dentist.
After inspection of the face and mouth he will prescribe x-ray examination. Only after studying the picture of the teeth, the dentist will precisely answer the question: is a tumor of the cheek teeth.
If the diagnosis is not confirmed, we will have to go to the reception to other doctors to find the cause.
How to remove the swelling of the cheeks in the home, if the tooth does not hurt?
It is important to understand that the swelling of the cheeks is a major reason for a visit to the doctor, so the disease can be treated medical drugs.
If you go to see a doctor immediately is not possible, then relief is possible with traditional methods:
- Kalanchoe — moisten a cotton ball in the juice of Kalanchoe and place on the inner buccal surface. This method helps to treat swelling caused by inflammation;
- oral baths of a decoction of anti-inflammatory herbs, such as sage or chamomile. In addition to this tool, doctors are often advised to rinse your mouth with chlorhexidine;
- aloe is also a good recipe for reducing inflammation, you need to make lotions with aloe juice. And also you can make a cut on a leaf and attach it to the cheek.
- rinse soda-salt solution is one of the most popular ways of home treatment, because baking soda has antibacterial properties. For greater efficiency you can drop a little iodine;
In severe cases, the doctor prescribes the patient an antibiotic, usually penicillin group, which in a short time would cure disease. Drug therapies removes swelling and preserves the causal tooth.
Shortly before the visit to the doctor try not to take a painkiller, because it will hide some of the symptoms of the disease and the doctor will determine the cause.
Do not put off the dentist for an indefinite period of time because it may lead to dangerous complications.
Video: what to do if fanned her cheek? The program «Live healthy» Elena malyshevoy.