Swollen cheek from tooth how to remove the tumor
If you have a swollen cheek from a diseased tooth, how to remove the tumor and to rid themselves of the disease, tell article. Tissue swelling indicates the formation of pathological inflammatory process. The best solution in this case will be, immediately seek help from a dentist. If this is not possible, you can use the tips that are described below.
The reasons for the development of the flux
A pathological swelling of the gums to the root is called an abscess or a gumboil. Appeared a small swelling in the worsening of the process is increased, swelling is transferred on tissue to the cheeks, neck, there is a pronounced contoured facial asymmetry. In addition to the visual changes, the patient:
- Body temperature rises. In the absence of timely and qualified medical aid, the fever reaches critical numbers.
- Deteriorating overall health. Adults complain of fatigue, drowsiness, reduced efficiency. Children become cranky, whiny, broken modes of eating and sleeping. Crumbs cheek swells up, it becomes incomprehensible.
- In some cases, headaches.
- Marked tenderness of the affected units. Initially, the sensitivity observed in the bite during the meal, later tooth pain aching, dull, constantly growing. Analgesics brings only temporary relief.
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck.
- A fistula is a tunnel between the source of infection and oral cavity, which gradually follows the inflammatory exudate.
- Can swell the lips to appear suffocation.
The development of conditions that often contribute to viral infection. In each case, the presence of certain symptoms and their severity are different.
The reasons why there is a flux in children and adults multiple. These include:
- not promptly treated carious process;
- injury of the jaw;
- gum disease;
- unskilled dental care in the treatment of pulpitis, periodontitis;
- chronic systemic infection of ENT organs. In this case, the abscess develops because of a tooth affected with caries, and from infected adjacent organs. Pathological microorganisms to the roots with the aid of a current of blood and lymph.
If a person notices the signs of abscess, seek help from a doctor, as soon as possible. Long wait and hoping for self-cure is unacceptable. The cheek and neck can greatly inflate, the human condition is significantly violated. In the end, the patient found himself in the intensive care unit. In case of timely visit, there are large chances to save the tooth and avoid dangerous complications. Self medication will not cure the problem, although it may temporarily reduce the symptoms.
Possible complications of the flux threat. These include: cellulitis of the neck, sepsis, osteomyelitis. These pathologies occur is extremely difficult, threaten the patient’s life. Especially quickly the disease develops in the elderly, frail people, pregnant women and children.
First aid for the development of the flux
What to do if the patient’s tooth, swollen cheek? Swelling on the gums at the roots can be initially not significant, but at the first symptoms, visit the dentist. If the visit is postponed, the swelling goes to the nearby tissues, swelling increases. In most cases, the process is acute, accompanied by severe pain, fever, deterioration of health.
Self-treatment when abscess is undesirable. You can help people and relieve the condition using the following:
- Symptomatic therapy antipyretic agents. The drugs of choice are Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Nurofen. Taking medication in a convenient form of release, according to the instructions, depending on the weight of the person.
- The use of painkillers: Nise, Ketarol, Deksalgin, Baralgin. Before using the product, be sure to read the summary, note the dosage, presence of complications and contraindications.
- The mouth rinse. Dentists recommend to prepare and to use a simple solution. It is necessary to take 200 ml of clean, warm water, 1 teaspoon salt and baking soda. Mix all ingredients, rinse hold 5 -7 times per day.
Analgesic, antiseptic and analgesic effect have extracts of herbs and flowers. To prepare the treatment solution used: Chamomile, Oak Bark, Sage.
Self-treatment is desirable to conduct a long time. A good effect when using the rinse is achieved in the presence of a fistula. However, despite the fact that symptoms subside a little, the inflammation in the body is intensively progressing.
It is strictly forbidden:
- applied to the swollen cheek warmer. The heat provokes the development of inflammation exacerbates the pathology, increases swelling;
- try to open the appeared swelling, in order to bring the accumulated exudate;
- to rinse alcohol-containing beverages. This is especially true of children. Dangerous liquid will burn tender gums the crumbs;
- to make vegetables, have aggressive impact. Despite the fact that the Internet has a lot of recipes which include garlic, radishes, onions, these recommendations do not have proven effectiveness and cause a number of complications.
- to apply medications that thin the blood (Aspirin).
- to make their own antibiotics.
Before you visit a dentist recommended to conduct a thorough oral hygiene, to conduct rinsing with an antiseptic solution, for 4 hours to stop taking painkillers. To reduce emotional tension, it is allowed to take a sedative. Many dentists suggest drinking a sedative drug for 15 — 20 minutes prior to an upcoming procedure. The medicine helps to remove psychological tension, tune in a positive way, will lead to the strengthening action of the anesthetic. Relieve stress: Motherwort, Valerian.
Treatment at the clinic
During the visit, the dentist will conduct a visual inspection, interviewing of the patient. After preliminary consultation, the doctor will direct the patient to do an x-ray. The will give the doctor a detailed picture of the disease. After the study, will be used to plan treatment.
Therapy of flux often lengthy. She can be conservative and surgical. If timely treatment at the early stage of the disease, the chances of preservation of natural units high.
Swollen cheek from a tooth, the actions of the doctor in the conservative treatment of:
- Local anesthesia administration.
- Purification cavity from caries process, residues of the filling material. If the top of the affected unit installed crown, it must be removed.
- From root canals remove dead particles of the pulp. If the tooth was previously treated and the root canals rasprobyvat: remove gutta-percha pins, remove the remains of sealing paste.
- Enlarge the channels and their antiseptic treatment to create the outflow accumulated in the cavity of exudate.
Than the swelling of cheek from tooth after visiting the clinic
After the first visit to the dentist cavity dental unit remains open. The doctor prescribes the patient to carry out treatment of rinsing solution of soda and salt. In most cases, to relieve inflammation and destruction of pathogenic microorganisms, it is recommended that the use of antibiotics. The drug, dosage and course of treatment determined by the dentist.
Conservative treatment can last for months. To resolve this pathology meet strict requirements doctors and are systematically at the reception. In subsequent visits, the dentist performs treatment with antiseptic solutions. After the inflammatory process is stopped, the doctor will establish in the cavity a special medication. With him the patient needs to go some time. In the absence of negative symptoms, the canals are sealed with gutta-percha and Siller, is set to a constant seal.
When the inadequacy of conservative treatment, it is necessary to resolve the question about surgical treatment. In advanced cases resort to tooth extraction.
If you have a toothache and swollen cheek, try to postpone the Affairs and to visit the dentist. Remember that early visit will help solve the problem with less damage to health. During and after treatment, carefully follow the advice of a doctor.
After will be able to cope with the problem, be sure to watch the condition of the treated units. If a root canal has remained the smallest source of infection, the situation could be repeated. The impetus for the development of recurrent pathology is hypothermia, a viral disease, injury, stress, decreased immunity. To monitor the state of the mouth is recommended to visit the dentist every 6 -7 months. To reduce the risk of developing diseases of the oral cavity should:
- Implement strict hygiene in the morning and evening;
- Eat right. Exclude from menu foods, sodas, sweets;
- To get rid of the carious process;
- To fight gum disease. Qualified to carry out hygienic cleaning at the dentist at least 1 time in 6 months;
- To exclude infectious processes ENT organs.
Upon detection of the primary symptoms of periostitis, do not delay your time, take care of your health, consult your doctor.