Tea tree oil for teeth whitening: photos, reviews
In the literature recently appeared information about the use of tea tree oil for teeth whitening. Real photos and user reviews ensure the effectiveness of this technique.
But is everything so simple? Does the extract of tea tree brightens tooth enamel?
About tea tree oil and its beneficial properties
The essential oil is obtained by extraction from the leaves of plants growing in Australia, after which the product is packaged in glass vials and shipped for sale around the world.
This concentration without further dilution with water is considered the most valuable and effective. It is important to remember that the essential oil is not administered orally, it is intended only for external use.
The beneficial properties of tea tree caused part of terpinolene. These substances are introduced into bacterial cells and destroy them, so the drug is used:
- for antiseptic treatment;
- to combat inflammation;
- to eliminate the fungus.
Diluted to a small concentration of tea tree oil has long been used to rinse the mouth with stomatitis, gingivitis and other inflammatory diseases of the mucous membrane. Accidentally it was noticed that the irrigation substance allows you to lighten the enamel surface.
If you decide to use this method for updating smile, you should understand that you will not get drastic changes the color of the teeth, because the method allows to restore the natural shade of the enamel, removing pigmentation and discoloration, obtained from food and cigarettes.
The sequence of the procedure.
- Make the usual brushing your teeth with a toothpaste and brushes.
- Apply a few drops of oil on the bristles and re-treat the enamel.
- Rinse your mouth with clean water.
To achieve the effect of complete manipulation every day for a week, after which apply tea tree oil once every seven days to maintain the result.
The pros and cons
Tea tree oil has long established itself as a reliable drug in the fight against redness, rashes, skin cracks, but that’s about its effectiveness in whitening of the enamel is known to few. The use of substances to improve one’s smile has the advantages of:
- gentle on the enamel – the tool is not is composed of abrasive particles, and thus the thinning of the hard tissues;
- does not irritate the mucous membrane of the oil nourishes the surface of the gums and promotes the healing elements of lesions of gingivitis and stomatitis;
- positive impact on oral health – tea tree extract deodorizes the oral cavity, antiseptic effect and helps to cope with a toothache;
- simplicity – uncomplicated technique of procedure allows to carry out it at home;
- affordable price – the cost of even a high quality that at times is less than the amount that you have to pay for professional whitening at the dentist;
- natural ingredients – vial of drug available chemicals.
The tool has some drawbacks, and the use of tea tree oil for teeth whitening in certain situations it may harm the health.
- the substance does not affect the enamel structure, which it can only return to natural color, changed under the influence of the coloring components of food and beverages;
- when brushing your teeth with oil of tea tree in the first minutes after the manipulation there is numbness of the tongue and changes in taste perception;
- the specific flavor can be unpleasant;
- when the oil mixes with saliva, it gets into the intestinal tract, it can cause nausea or vomiting.
Indications and contraindications
Due to its unique properties tea tree oil is used in medicine not only an antiseptic, but also for whitening the teeth. This substance is useful for some kinds of discoloration purchased.
- Changing the hue of the enamel due to the effects of food dye, drinking coffee or tea.
- Darkening of the teeth because of nicotine addiction.
- High levels of adhesiveness of the hard tissues to microbial plaque and the deposition of stones.
To abandon the idea of lightening a smile with the essential oil tea tree essential for those people who have these features:
- fragile the enamel is thinned, the surface layer of tooth tissue, and the tendency to abrasion not allow the holding of bleaching on the cause more destruction of the enamel;
- pregnancy – in process of implementation procedures, it is impossible to prevent the ingestion of the active ingredient, which can negatively affect the health of the mother and the child;
- breast-feeding – contact with saliva in the stomach while cleaning teeth essential oil leads to the fact that the substance fits into the systemic circulation, and from it – in the women’s milk. Extract is a strong allergen, so it is not necessary to use during lactation because of the possible intolerance of the child;
- child age – up to 18 years, the tooth enamel is in the process of mineralization, so it is not strong enough, and the use of oil can lead to its destruction;
- allergies – if you have high reactions to components of the substance, its use is unacceptable.
If you have no restrictions to use the product for whitening teeth, when buy prefer only natural and high quality oils.
The before and after photos
How to use tea tree oil for teeth whitening?
There are several methods how to use the drug, which has certain advantages. However, despite the lack of abrasive in the composition, the use of substances every day is unacceptable because of the negative effects on the enamel.
Before you can apply the technique to whiten your teeth, check your tolerance tea tree oil, and whether an allergic reaction to it. To do this, place a drop on the skin of the wrist or the elbow. If you experience itching and redness do not use the drug.
To remove pigmentation on the teeth can in the following ways:
- 2-3 drops put on gauze and wipe the teeth;
- mix 1 part of lemon oil and 3 parts of tea tree extract – these substances increase the effectiveness of each other, and then brush your teeth 1 time per day resulting solution for weeks;
- in a glass of boiled water dispense 1-2 ml and mix thoroughly. The tool is used as a mouthwash and well removes plaque.
Recommendations from dentists
Opinions of dentists on the question of the effectiveness of tea tree oil. Some categorically do not accept this method, while others allow the use of extract substances, but subject to the rules of cleaning teeth.
- Use only high-quality natural product.
- Do not use oil in large quantity – just 1-2 drops.
- It is important to understand that after the first treatments possible numbness of tongue and mucous membranes of the oral cavity.
- After the treated enamel with tea tree oil, refrain from eating for one hour.
Video: 5 best ways to use tea tree oil.
Svetlana, 24 years
I read on the Internet about the technique of bleaching of enamel with tea tree and decided to conduct an experiment. I wish I didn’t! The smell of oil is so pungent and nauseating that eating was an effort to keep from vomiting while I was brushing my teeth. A second disadvantage was the unpleasant sensation in the mouth, like a tingling sensation. In General, the procedure is carried I only once could not cope with aversion to the taste and aroma of extract, but the bleaching effect is not noticed.
Irina, 19 years old
With this method I always use now six months. Teeth I was bright, but I love coffee and I drink it a lot, so the enamel has acquired a brownish tint. Teeth process the essential oil one or two times a week after evening hygiene procedures. After a month of use I noticed that the smile has changed: it has become whiter, gums stronger, and lost bad breath.
Igor, 25 years
On the advice of a friend I decided to brush my teeth with tea tree oil – he said it will bring back the enamel white. Bought in the pharmacy the most expensive means, in the evening, brushed my teeth, then put on the brush a couple of drops and started to RUB it into the enamel. I felt a burning sensation on the tongue and buccal mucosa, but did not attach any importance to this, thought it should be. When I was finished and rinsed out my mouth, the discomfort disappeared. Looked at his gums and frightened – they were bright red and covered with small dots. Went to the dentist on duty and told him about their experiments. The doctor examined me and said it was an Allergy to an essential oil. More experiments with my health not doing.