Teeth whitening activated charcoal at home
How to carry out teeth whitening activated charcoal at home? Methods of treatment is enough, we will tell about them and important tips regarding such a harsh cleanse.
Coal is known in medicine for a long time, but if it is wrong to use it in the mouth, it just hurt. How to get a white smile and not have tooth decay, destroying the enamel?
Properties of activated charcoal
To clean and neutralize all the negative substances of the coal begins only at the moment of contact with water, so the liquid is an integral part of a prescription bleaching agent based on it. It cleans the enamel due to abrasion resistance, but the powder does not absorb it, and removes from the surface of the crown, often together with micro-particles of the enamel. To healthy teeth like there was no danger, if after the procedure is to take breaks.
About the cleansing properties of coal were known beauties in Russia. The pieces pounded in a mortar, and then rubbed on the teeth. To date, the composition of tablets has changed significantly, and includes not only wood-based and many useful organic components. The quality can be activated carbon, which involves a nut shell and fruit.
To achieve the whitening effect is so rich, the composition is optional, but for the mouth and gums it is very useful. The plaque is removed thanks to the abrasive action of the pills. He is able to wash away even the dyes of coffee and tea that will be noticeable already after two weeks of treatments.
Related article: teeth whitening hydrogen peroxide.
The pros and cons
The benefits of whitening with this method are as follows:
- quick effect;
- removal of old plaque from wine, cigarettes;
- availability of pills;
- the simplicity of the recipes.
Dental cleaning methods in this case you lose it in the criteria of cost and availability.
Disadvantages of the following:
- The main drawback of this technique is bleaching harmful effects on the enamel. Harm frequent procedures is obvious, because the powder activated carbon is literally abrade the protective surface of the crowns. This will lead to the formation of microcracks, as well as to the eye they are practically invisible, gradually injuries expand. Increased tooth sensitivity, loss of minerals, the formation of caries — the consequences of frequent bleaching in this way. A reasonable approach risks are minimised, and if you combine such cleaning with measures aimed at strengthening the enamel, it also will strengthen it.
- The downside can be considered and the duration of the procedure, because in addition to cleaning you also need to remove the coal, of all places, which can not cope rinse.
Contraindications to the procedures
Compared to other methods of whitening teeth at home, this is the safest. Contact with the fluid and saliva of pieces of pills in the stomach does not result in negative consequences even for a child. In the mouth and also adverse effect is not provided, including in the presence of small wounds.
- to refrain from procedures have people who not so long ago got rid of the braces;
- caution is better to use those who have sensitive teeth or who have thinning enamel on the crowns. These include those with tooth decay because the protective layer has already thinned, and abrasive particles only further destroy it;
- despite the security, is better for the children to choose another method of teeth whitening, as their natural protection equally easy to destroy.
Before the procedures, it is very important to visit the dentist. The physician is able to properly assess the condition of the mouth, so if he will recommend to refuse from cleansing with charcoal powder, it is better to listen to his advice.
The before and after photos
Teeth whitening activated charcoal: recipes
Recipes for whitening teeth with the help of tablets of activated charcoal enough. The easiest way is to mix them with water, and then the resulting mush in the teeth. Easier to do it with a finger but you can with a brush, but its bristles should be soft. In all cases, the use of crushed powder, because it dissolves faster.
Here are some interesting recipes for bleaching:
- coal to mix with pasta (preferably with cleansing, but not with coarse abrasive). Teeth cleaning is carried out by a standard scheme;
- cleaning powder to combine effectively with a decoction of oak bark. It is known that he has a good effect on the gums, but additionally brightens enamel (such as tea tree oil);
- to breed means to a paste, add 3 drops of lemon juice. The recipe is not suitable if the sensitivity is increased;
- the combination of baking soda and charcoal will clean the crowns of plaque literally «squeaky». Take the powders in equal quantities, mixed with the fluid and smooth movements rubbed into the teeth. Cleansing is very aggressive, so only suitable for one-time emergency use;
- with honey carbon powder has a more gentle cleansing action. In addition, it will disinfect, will strengthen the gums and reduce sensitivity.
When the time for the use of any of the above recipe is enough to chew on in your mouth 1 to 2 tablets, trying to chew the pieces in different parts of the mouth. Don’t forget that act activated carbon begins only when in contact with water, so before the procedure and after it, rinse your mouth with warm liquid.
If there is bleeding, in a glass add 1 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide. The tool will quickly disinfect the wound and stop the bleeding, but use it only after cleaning the mouth from the coal. It is strictly forbidden to swallow this mouthwash! Mucous at the end of the procedure, you need to rinse with plain boiled water.
This is interesting: how to whiten teeth without damaging enamel?
How to reduce the risk of damage to the enamel?
Activated charcoal is a strong abrasive so frequent fascination with this method of bleaching threatens to result in harm to tooth enamel. So then do not rebuild the enamel you need to use the following tips:
- not to exclude from the daily routine standard care: mouthwash, brushing, dental thread;
- the powder is ground to fine dust to large pieces not to scratch the tooth;
- daily you should eat solid food;
- after each procedure, the break should last 7-10 days (depending on the degree of sensitivity of enamel);
- in nutrition include all trace elements, especially phosphorus and calcium;
- use a brush with soft bristles or replace gauze, cotton, finger.
When stains white shade cleaning should completely stop before heading to the dentist. A similar symptom can testify about the initial stage of caries. If the crown is found a dark band after using activated charcoal, it is a clear sign of a serious violation of the integrity of the enamel. If you delay they will only increase.
Pounded in the teeth powder is thoroughly clean rinse, and hard to reach areas clean it with floss.
Video: how to whiten teeth at home with activated charcoal?
I saw on one online recipe teeth whitening activated charcoal, even to read did not — ran to do. Now I can say that the sensitivity really increases after the procedure. I bad rubbed the charcoal, so heavily scratched enamel. Trying again with this experience even pounded to dust the pill do not want, would rather use any chemical compounds or a professional cleaning will do.
My teeth are in good condition, but light yellowing haunted. I decided to try to add charcoal into a paste. From brush immediately refused, put the resulting mush just with your finger. Doing this cleaning 4 times at intervals of 8 days. In the mouth rubbed, just massage it put, 5 minutes kept and rinsed his mouth. Any unpleasant feelings I have not encountered even after the procedure, the sensitivity of conventional, but the color of the teeth became noticeably whiter. I will continue, only now, starts to strengthen enamel.
I have a first aid kit activated charcoal always lies, but did not think that they are on the teeth bleach. Learned about the method from the dentist, when I told him about my method of bleaching with soda. He explained that the coal the abrasive particles is less traumatic on the enamel and advised to replace it. The first 2 times I carefully rubbed the pulp, being careful not to push with your finger on the teeth, so as not to scratch the surface. The procedure is quite much time consuming, so I now use another method — just chew the tablet and then rinse mouth. I want to say that this way, I like: the teeth are white, but in addition also possible to engage in their business during the cleaning.