Teeth whitening by lemon — 9 the best ways
We describe in this article teeth whitening lemon – 9 the best ways. It is such a simple and affordable product is capable of lightening the dentition and without any cost to regain a white smile to its owner.
However, the effect of lemon is quite aggressive, so don’t get carried away and before use in order to whitening be sure to read tips and recommendations to adhere to which you need to preserve healthy teeth.
Useful properties of lemon
Lemon is one of the most valuable products of the human body. Whatever it touched – the treatment of colds, strengthen the immune system, recuperation, convalescence from various diseases. Including teeth, nails and hair this citrus is able to affect the most positive way.
Among the many useful trace elements, especially notable is the increased concentration of vitamins C, e, P and D. It is this complex actively fights against the multiplication of pathogenic bacteria, disinfects and helps regenerate tissue.
With the help of lemon, you can achieve a whitening effect on the enamel surface. Is it due to high acid concentration and directly affect the pigment substance. With them splitting and removing from the surface of the tooth whitening effect appears.
In addition to the juice is a great bleaching effect has the rind of the fruit. In it, the concentration of vitamin C is much higher, plus it contains a lot of calcium. It is due to their combined effect can achieve enhanced results.
Indications and contraindications
With acid you can’t affect the inner layers of enamel or dentin. Therefore it is necessary to note that whiten teeth with lemon only in the case when by nature they were, and yellowness were the result of Smoking, consumption of coloured food and other external causes.
Applying the course of 6-8 weeks to achieve lightening enamel smokers, coffee lovers and other people who have nasty plaque on the surface. But if the enamel is dark because of the following problems, whitening teeth lemon is unlikely to help:
- Grey or yellow fabric shade from nature. From it is difficult to remove even with the use of expensive treatments in the dentist’s office.
- The presence of hypoplasia or other problems with the formation of the enamel.
- Welcome tetratziklinovykh products gives a long-lasting effect of darkening the teeth and affect it not by any means, even potent.
- The color change of enamel from various diseases or medication.
- Fluorosis from the high fluoride in the body. While not normalized quantity, the lightening will have no effect.
- After root canal treatment and subsequent complications.
- Various injuries, which led to the darkening of one or two units.
In order not to get harm from the whitening procedures at home have to adhere to certain precautions and not to use these recipes in the following cases:
- At the age of 18, while the enamel is formed. Indeed, in this period it is fragile and thin its very easy to damage.
- During pregnancy and lactation due to hormonal changes in a woman’s body to anticipate the reaction to the whitening impossible.
- If you are allergic to citrus fruits.
- The presence of infectious diseases that you first need to treat.
- Immediately after removing the braces, because at this time the enamel is weakened and easy to destroy.
- In case of any injuries, chips, cracks on the surface of the tooth.
- Caries and other diseases of the mouth. They also need to treat and fix, and only then to engage in aesthetic correction.
- The presence of mucosal inflammation and any other damages the gums.
- The sensitivity of the enamel and its fine structure. Before using such tools you need to diagnose the dentist and learn about the natural resistance of the tooth.
- After taking strong medications, as they weaken the immune system.
- Artificial build-up of tissue that can be a contraindication for such procedures.
It should be understood that if the mouth of the present implants, fillings, crowns and other foreign objects, they will remain the same color they were. The lemon will not work on them. So, refining is at least 2-3 shades natural enamel you will notice the difference that the negative impact on the overall experience.
Even when using expensive in-office whitening procedures, these materials are retrieved and set with your new shade. The same can be done after the application of home recipes. Also popular are veneers to correct the color of individual units.
The pros and cons
Such obvious advantages of this method of whitening:
- low cost and availability to all segments of the population;
- you can apply at home;
- quite a noticeable whitening result;
- eliminate infections and bacteria in the mouth;
- additional strengthening of the immune system.
- the effect of fresh breath;
- sometimes observed analgesic effects of lemon;
- the versatility of the method.
However, this method has its drawbacks, especially if you break safety rules for its use:
- The appearance of hypersensitivity, usually in the first days after the use of lemon.
- From too long exposure to acid in the mouth may cause inflammation and irritation of the mucous membrane.
- Sometimes darkening of the enamel, that is the opposite of the expected effect.
To avoid such, must adhere to clear guidelines for the use of lemon with the aim of bleaching the surface of teeth.
- Apply this product no more than once a week, because citric acid is quite aggressive and can damage the enamel.
- After the procedure should be sure to thoroughly rinse your mouth with warm and clean water.
- Because of the use of lemon tooth surface becomes susceptible to any substances, it should be some time to avoid all staining foods. Because of this, it can darken quickly absorbing pigment.
- Also, do not combine the bleaching process, and certain medications, such as antibiotics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antihistamines, etc.
- The duration of bleaching with lemon also should not be large. Just a few minutes, the acid had an effect on the pigment.
Only competent use of lemon will help to avoid any kind of problems and also get white shining smile, not overpaying for it.
TOP 9 best ways
We list the most effective recipes to use lemon at home to lighten enamel:
- In conjunction with toothpaste can enhance the effect. In this way to the daily hygiene need to add 10 crystal pineapples and sprinkle a small amount of salt. Brush your teeth as usual and rinse mouth with running water. Due to the strong impact it is not recommended to apply more often than every three months.
- A simple remedy is baking soda and lemon. Taking a little soda to moisten it with fresh citrus juice. Apply the composition on the brush and process the tooth surface. Duration of procedure not more than 20 seconds. Much pressure or RUB the teeth is not advised.
- Clean the lemon, do not throw away the peel, that is lemon zest. Rip it into handy little pieces and RUB the inner side surface of the enamel. Hold the remaining particles in the five minutes you need to rinse your mouth.
- Acts in the same way the peel if it is just to chew some time. The same five minutes will be enough for the bleaching and disinfecting effect. And though this method seems natural and safe, to get involved they should not. The most common use – once a week.
- Lemon pulp due to the high content of acid has maximum effect in whitening. So you can do the following. Take the peeled lemon slices and attach them to the teeth. For convenience, you can grind up the pulp and have it overlay on the surface in the form of applications. Keep the pulp of the lemon should be no longer than five minutes. Then you need to rinse the mouth thoroughly. It is important to remember that the use of this effective but aggressive treatment only after consulting with a dentist and not more often than every few months.
- Very good with lemon to use the infusion or decoction of herbs. Thus, the enamel will not only be lighter but also healthier. So, it is recommended to combine the chamomile or calendula, and fresh lemon. Enough to take 2/3 Cup of broth, combine it with 1/3 Cup of squeezed juice. When handling liquid in your mouth, you need to hold it for about 10-15 seconds. Then spit it out and rinse the teeth clean herbal decoction. To use this tool once a week and in a month will be noticeable lightening effect for three whole tones.
- Also useful is the action not the acid of the citrus, and essential oil from it. Thus take literally a few drops, dabbing them with a cotton ball or disk. Wipe the surface of the teeth and kept for no longer than 20 seconds. After that, you need to rinse your mouth. If you combine it with tea tree oil, then the benefits will be even greater.
- You can often find the following recipe, where we take three of the active component. Crush two tablets of activated charcoal, add a little toothpaste and a few drops of lemon juice. To clean such part of the teeth is necessary not less than three minutes. To carry out this procedure, it is sufficient twice a week, and the whole course of bleaching is 1-2 months.
- The most popular recipe consists of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and lemon. For one use, just combine 2-3 drops of peroxide, half a teaspoon of soda and juice. Applying such a composition to the teeth is sufficient to hold him for 1-2 minutes. Then you definitely need rinse your mouth with warm water. Preferably within hours nothing to drink and not to eat. It is sufficient to apply this remedy twice a week for a month.
Video: homemade teeth whitening lemon.
Didn’t want to spend large amounts for bleaching enamel, the more that I don’t need the effect as much as ten tones. As a result, I have used a combination of peroxide and lemon. The result is really there and its enough.
Don’t like going to the dentist, especially if there is no disease. Whitening took the lemon pulp. To apply, of course, it will have a long time to have noticeable effect, but it is almost free and quite simple.
I tried the combination of lemon and baking soda. But, probably, overexpose the composition on the teeth and now I suffer with enamel sensitivity. So be sure to follow safety rules, because for once you can get a significant problem.