Temperature after removal of the tooth: can be and what to do?
Sometimes a bad tooth waiting just one part resection, so you need to know if the temperature after the tooth extraction and what to do in this unpleasant way?
Accurate knowledge will help you to stay alert, not to miss something important in your condition, and remove yourself from the panic.
Could it be the temperature after tooth extraction?
The removal of the patient’s tooth is kind of small, but rather serious operation. If fever after tooth extraction in the range of 37-38°C in the period of postoperative recovery, it is normal and should not cause concern.
Thus the immune system fights off trapped in an open wound by bacteria. If recovery goes as expected, hyperthermia will be held soon and the temperature will return to normal.
Is it possible that the reason lies elsewhere? Sometimes, just at the same time as a tooth extraction, a person picks up a virus. Then the temperature increase might be related to the immune response of the body to infection, and not directly deleting. You can figure this out, if you pay attention to accompanying symptoms: scratchy or sore throat, nasal congestion, cough, and similar symptoms.
How much does it usually lasts?
The temperature may rise above normal for 2-3 days after the successful operation. At the same time, the threshold of hyperthermia should be reduced, approaching normal values.
If this happens and the temperature continues to be consistently high, and even increases, reaching 39°C, it is reason to get worried.
The recovery time may be will need more if before removing the patient brought his teeth to more complicated States, for example, he formed flux. You also need to take into account the individual reaction of the organism and the immune status of the individual.
The cause of the temperature
Tooth extraction is in full operation. It starts with the administration of the anesthetic, that is anesthetic, the dentist-surgeon proceeds to extract the tooth. Almost always this requires making an incision in the gums, and often the tooth has to cut to get the parts, especially if it’s a wisdom tooth. If you’ve had a difficult removal, the wound may need stitches.
Needless to say, that after such a challenging intervention in a human fever. Aside from the natural reaction of the organism to tissue damage, causes of hyperthermia after removal of wisdom teeth can be:
- shard of tooth left in the hole;
- getting damaged by caries tissues inside the socket;
- alveolus alveolitis — the lack of a blood clot, which should be formed after removal of the wound to protect it from infections;
- cyst of the tooth — the vial with the contents of the pus, dead cells and bacteria formed on the top of the tooth root as a result of traumatic intervention;
- getting to the root of the tooth in the maxillary sinus or the puncture, and, as a consequence, sinusitis, inflammation of the maxillary sinus.
To be safe on account of possible complications, it is best using a reasonable number of days after the removal again to see a doctor and if you have problems, then before.
Temperature after tooth extraction — what to do?
To cope with moderately increased temperature, and independently at home, using one of two means.
- antipyretic drugs;
- folk methods.
However, we still recommend you once again to pay a visit to the dentist so he can determine the causes of high fever.
Antipyretics to normalise temperature after extraction of a tooth can be used the same as hyperthermia due to other causes. Most of these drugs in addition to arenijaus functions are also used for pain relief. The most famous of them is:
- Paracetamol (Panadol, Efferalgan) — available in tablets and capsules, in the form of soluble tablets. The temperature decreases safe, but at high values ineffective. Syndrome pain also shoots well enough.
- Ibuprofen (Ibufen, Nurofen) — release form — tablets, capsules, suspension. Has a pronounced anti-inflammatory action, normalizes blood fast temperature, good relieve. Of the minuses — is contraindicated in ulcerative diseases of the stomach, problems with blood, bronchial asthma and some other diseases.
- Nimesulide (Nimesil, Nise) — tablet, syrup, powder. The tool acts like ibuprofen has the same contraindications, but is considered more dangerous with prolonged use.
Given drugs approved for use only for 3 days.
Important! Aspirin or for Pain after tooth extraction can not be applied, since these drugs are quite toxic, in addition, they thin the blood, reducing the rate of coagulation. Because of this side effect reduces the healing of postoperative wounds.
For the first 3 days after removal with a mild hyperthermia, you can use some people’s advice. They will help to strengthen the immune system, stimulate the body’s defenses, distract and calm:
- plenty of warm drinks — the liquid helps to eliminate toxins from the body, stimulates the immune system. Especially to help warm (not hot) teas of rose hips, raspberry leaf, chamomile, Linden. For sweetness can replace sugar with honey.
- cool water — this will help to cool your hot body. You can add to water for rubdowns vinegar better than Apple.
- the air bath to reduce the degree will help cool the jets of air, such as from the fan or fans.
- treatment nutrition — choose the right products that will help to strengthen the body in the recovery period. You can eat more bananas, lemons, barley grains are useful, as for the drinks, dairy products, sweet and sour juices.
- enema is one of the proven remedies to reduce fever is enema of chamomile decoction with the addition of vegetable oil. The method is suitable for those who are not willing to endure the fever and wants to reduce it.
Folk remedies can be quite effective if the condition is not too complicated. In cases where there is palpable discomfort due to temperature, it is better to ask a knowledgeable person to the doctor.
Video: for those who removed the tooth.
When you need to go to the doctor
In case the temperature drops for a third day, nor, especially, on the fifth, and even has a tendency to rise, should immediately consult a doctor. This is especially need to do if you experience the following associated symptoms:
- strengthening of pain, especially if the pain radiates to the side of the head and neck, remote from the tooth;
- the increase in submandibular lymph nodes;
- the smell of decay in the mouth
- gray or greenish tinge on the hole and loose its structure;
- swelling and visible redness of the tissues in the area of the extracted tooth;
- severe swelling of the cheeks.
In these cases, it is possible to go about such serious complications as phlegmon, abscess, mediastinitis, or sepsis. Not delay, as these diseases often lead to disability and often death.
The temperature itself is not so terrible, and after tooth extraction even normal. It is important to remember that there may be situation when it signals that the body is in danger. So you need to be attentive to their feelings after dental surgery, not to miss the prerequisites to complications.