Temperature with stomatitis in a child: how many days treatment
Temperature with stomatitis in children occurs quite often. It rises in connection with the formation of the inflammatory process in the oral cavity. The fever may be slight and last for a short time and can reach high numbers and to escort the child from 5 to 12 days. Regardless of the causes of heat, the parents are 1 day from the beginning of clinical manifestations should seek help from a doctor. Symptoms of many childhood pathologies are very similar. Only an experienced specialist can correctly diagnose and prescribe treatment. Therapy stomatitis guys do pediatricians and dentists.
The types of pathologies
The disease is caused by different pathogens. They could be: fungi, bacteria, viruses. Preschoolers are quite often sick with disease, as their immune system is not yet fully formed and can resist environmental factors. Infants mainly suffer from herpes, adenovirus, Candida stomatitis. Guys older is inherent in the aphthous form of the course of disease.
If the inflammation in the oral cavity appeared the first time, it occurs in acute form and is accompanied by classic symptoms. In chronic recurrent course, the disease manifests itself and has permanently lubricated symptoms.
Depending on the degree of destruction of the body, there are the following types of stomatitis:
- Catarrhal or superficial. The disease affects only the upper layers of the mucosa. Is accompanied by a relatively easy period of recovery occurs quickly. If the catarrhal form is sometimes observed a slight increase in temperature. She quickly returned to normal, if we are to provide timely treatment. In some cases, a superficial inflammation of the child feels well. It concerned only minor discomfort in the mouth when eating sweet, salty, sour, spicy food. Catarrhal form of disease, the treatment is carried out at home under the supervision of the district pediatrician or pediatric dentist. Hospitalization is not required.
- Ulcerative stomatitis is present in herpes, enterovirus. The disease is accompanied by a General decline in health. Children become lethargic, irritable, constantly crying and capricious. Pathology manifests itself acutely. The first day the body temperature rises. The fever reaches critical numbers. It’s constant and persistent bad break antipyretics. The heat caused by penetration of the virus into the bloodstream. Body temperature can be intermittent (intermittent). In this case it rises to critical numbers, and then dramatically drops and increases again after 2 days.
In less severe pathology, treatment is carried out at home. Obligatory condition of treatment is constant supervision of a district technician. In severe forms of the disease, if the child’s condition is getting worse, severe pain, symptoms of intoxication are increasing, the fever subsides and increases, you should discuss with your doctor the need for hospitalization of the baby. One of the important factors in the hospital is the young age of onset. Kids under 1 year carry herpes stomatitis and adenoviral very hard, they present a risk of dangerous complications.
- The necrotic form is extremely difficult. Fortunately ulcerative-necrotic stomatitis Vincent is very rare in children. It is accompanied by necrosis of the tissues, fever, strong pain. This pathology requires long-term treatment and observation in hospital.
The symptoms of stomatitis
Pathology is accompanied by:
- A decrease in General well-being;
- Sleep disorders and eating;
- Pain in the mouth;
- An increase in temperature;
- The appearance of lesions and plaque in the oral mucosa and tongue. Items can be single and multiple. They are presented in the form of bubbles or aft. RAID depending on the severity and type of pathology varies from white easily detachable, to brown not removable;
- Unpleasant mouth odor, bleeding gums, swelling and redness;
- The increase in the number of viscous saliva, which is accompanied by copious salivation;
- Dryness of the mouth.
In the first day from the onset of the disease, the baby has reduced movement. He becomes lethargic and Moody, refusing favorite foods. With the development of stomatitis in a child the act of swallowing is painful. Infants exhibit a pronounced anxiety, crying at the mother’s breast. Infants inherent salivation. As a result of hypersalivation, the crumbs start to cough. In children with pronounced gag reflex vomiting.
Mouth painful. In a short time formed foci of infection. They are: the tongue, inside the lips and cheeks.
Types of elements:
- When herpes and enteroviral lesions they multiple, and appear as small bubbles with the content. 2 — 3 days bubbles opened in their place are bleeding sores. They are covered with a whitish bloom and is very painful when touched. Complete healing occurs in 10 -14 days from onset of clinical symptoms.
Viral stomatitis are very contagious. They are transmitted through household items, dishes, airborne.
- In the aphthous form element often single, less often observed simultaneously by 2 or more of the focus. AFTA painful, has a fairly large size. Thrush in most cases is not considered to be contagious.
- For thrush of the mouth lesions appear, covered with white bloom. It can be easily removed with a cotton or gauze pad. However, it revealed hyperemia, bleeding and swelling of the mucosa. If candidiasis is not treated, the fungus will multiply rapidly and will hit new healthy tissue.
Treatment of pathology
In order to save your precious baby from the disease, you should seek help from a qualified technician.
- Diet. Exclude from the diet sweet, salty, bitter, cold, hot products. Feed a sick child only warm dishes, milled using a blender.
- Drinking large amounts of fluid. The perfect drink is considered: clean warm water, neutral compotes. Babies, breastfeeding, if desired, can often be added to the mother’s breast. Breast milk has antiseptic and analgesic properties.
- Complete care for the oral cavity. Even with a strong pain, it is necessary to hold a General hygienic measures. Rinsing with warm antiseptic solution will help to clear your mouth from food debris and promotes rapid healing of the lesions of infection.
- Rinsing the mouth with antiseptic solutions is available only to preschool children older than 1 year. The younger guys, it is advisable to gently irrigate mucous membrane with a small rubber bulb. As solutions are used: water-soda — salt, Miramistin, Chlorhexidine, Furacilin.
- Processing elements in bacterial stomatitis is Geksoralom, Ingalipt, Sangviritrin, Stomatofit.
- In the presence of severe pain use a gel Holisal, Baby —dent, Kalgel. Drugs are rapidly absorbed in the mucous, have a good therapeutic effect.
- If the doctor diagnosed a viral infection, apply antiviral agents. These include, Acyclovir ointment, Zovirax.
- In severe forms of the disease sometimes used immunomodulatory drugs: Anaferon, Viferon, Kipferon. Drugs of this group should be prescribed only by a specialist!
- For wound-healing ointments and gels include: Actovegin, Solkoseril.
- Medication actively combine with folk remedies. Rinsing with solutions of chamomile, Eucalyptus, Marigold, Sage give good results.
- To anesthetize the mucous and speed up the regeneration process helps sea buckthorn oil.
Temperature is a dangerous sign!
If the baby appeared fever, it means that pathological process applies can threaten life and health of the child.
If the fever is below 38, 5 ° C, to use antipyretic drugs should not. The temperature increase testifies that the organism entered the fight with harmful agents. If fever to eliminate medicine, the disease is complicated, and will proceed longer. When the temperature is above 38, 5 ° C to apply the medication needed because of the probability of the appearance of febrile convulsions, changes in brain structures.
Recommendations for parents:
- Need frequent ventilation. The air in the room where the sick must be clean and fresh;
- To relieve and hydrate the mucous membrane, turn on the humidifier. If not, install the tank with clean water from the heating elements, hang wet sheets;
- Do not wear too warm clothes on a toddler. Things should be free, and consist of natural materials;
- Give kids plenty of fluids. Water promotes natural hydration of the mucous membranes, reduces the symptoms of intoxication. Dehydration in infants occurs very rapidly. The result is a persistent fever, worsening health, there is delusions and hallucinations. If your baby is dehydrated and refuses to accept fluid, the urgent need to address the question of further treatment in a hospital;
- Do not force sick children to eat. In the absence of appetite, do not insist;
- If the child not against, slide the wet rubbing of the forehead, armpits, popliteal areas, neck with warm water. If the baby is clearly protesting against the procedure to do this is absolutely not worth it.
Medical therapy is taking fever reducing medicine based on Paracetamol and Ibuprofen. Medications are available in the form of candles, medicines, tablets. The simple form of medicine chosen by parents and children.
When using medicines, make sure you observe the rules of admission. Avoid overdose, be aware of contraindications and side effects!