Temporary filling in how many you can eat
It is installed at an intermediate stage of treatment of the tooth. Need this event for several reasons, which will be discussed below. This procedure requires a mandatory re-visits to the doctor to replace the temporary filling on a permanent. Even with the most qualitative material can be various kinds of complications. And while the person is waiting for the final cast of the tooth in order, it is necessary to know what is a temporary filling, how many you can eat in order not to violate its structure.
Why do you need a temporary seal
Many patients may wonder, and what is necessary to put a temporary filling, if you can immediately to make permanent. The fact that in advanced carious processes the treatment of the tooth is carried out in several stages. Therefore, this procedure is necessary for the following reasons:
- In case of advanced caries and pulpitis began the doctor drills out the infected tissue and treats the root canals. Further, in the cavity of the tooth laid anti-inflammatory drugs, after becoming the temporary filling that the medicine does not leak and the treated surface did not get food particles or pathogens.
- To diagnose the condition of the nerve. To do this, after the procedure to monitor the state of the tooth. If the patient continue to trouble the pain, in this case we are talking about pulpitis and subsequent root canal. In this case, the dentist puts the impermanent design with devitalisation drug or arsenic (quite rare nowadays), once the nerve dies treatment and put a permanent seal.
This is the main reasons that require this kind of medical manipulation.
Depending on the type of disease and material, the wear time will vary these rates:
- If you have used the arsenic to kill the nerve, to walk up to 2-3 days. In the case of more benign drug, for example, Performa pasta, this period may be extended up to 10 days.
- If you use an antiseptic or antibacterial preparations for the treatment of pulpitis, and caries of the running to walk around with a temporary filling can be from 2 days to 2-3 weeks.
- When considering serious diagnostic cases, this period can last up to six months.
On reception at the dentist, the doctor connects the liquid additive, a powder and, if necessary, additional substances, resulting in elastic viscous paste.
Depending on the choice of material, the level of plasticity will differ. But despite this, the dentist simply needs to keep up a certain amount of time to put a seal in the root canal and give it a shape that will allow the patient to talk and chew food without much discomfort.
The main difference between temporary and permanent fillings are materials used in the production of the cavity of the tooth. Non-permanent dental design is selected by the doctor depending on individual features. This predisposition to allergic reactions, the degree of neglect of the tooth, age, pregnancy, etc.
How long will it take to eat the food
A temporary filling is set, now another question arises, and through what period of time you can start to eat? Then again, it all depends on the raw material from which the seal is made. Sometimes, the doctor may allow you to eat the food almost immediately, but in more frequent cases, the maximum hardening of the filling material is recommended to eat 2-3 hours after a doctor’s visit.
What is a temporary restriction
It’s one thing if the material hardens rapidly and hardens in just a few minutes. Quite another matter if the time and the first meal must be at least 2 hours to really «grabbed» and this temporary installation could last until the second visit to the dentist.
What is the reason for the restriction? There are cases when patients do not survive the specified time period. In this case, there is a high probability that the temporary filling will quickly crumble or even fall out, revealing a clean tissue and opening access for infection with subsequent inflammation. If this happens, you should immediately visit the dentist. But even if the seal is not quickly fall out or crumble, failure to comply with these recommendations, it deforms, shrinks, resulting in greatly reduced service life. That is why it is important to know what is a temporary filling, and how many you can eat.
General principles of nutrition during temporary seal
Resistance of temporary filling depends on the quality of the filling material. The higher it is, the less the risk that it will quickly crumble. However, to extend the «lifetime» non-permanent dental designs can be subject to proper nutrition. So, for that short period of time the patient is advised to follow such a dietary regime:
- Strict food restrictions in this case does not exist. However, on the first day it is best to prefer soft food, such as mashed potatoes, porridge or yoghurt.
- Not allowed to drink alcoholic beverages, especially if in the cavity was set anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, devitalizing or antiseptic drug. In this case, under the influence of alcohol they may be somewhat weakened.
- Even if you did heavy-duty material for the production of temporary fillings, are not recommended to chew nuts or caramels. It can cause its rapid destruction.
By following these rules, you can greatly extend the period of wearing the temporary filling.
Recommendations to the patient
After the patient put a temporary filling, you should follow some recommendations that will allow you to keep a protective material prior to the installation of permanent seal. This includes such tips:
- Purchase a toothbrush with soft bristles. So you will be able to provide gentle care for your teeth. And besides, she still needed some time after the installation of permanent seal.
- Hygienic measures to cleanse the mouth should also be performed 2 times a day, use mouthwash allowed.
- To remove a recurring toothache, you can use analgesics. An effective rinse decoction of chamomile or sage, and an aqueous solution of soda and sea salt.
- To avoid staining temporary filling during the first days after installing it do not drink coffee, strong tea, red wine and do not eat with beets.
- To chew solid food particles have on the healthy side of the teeth. So you will avoid accidental cracking of the material of the seal. Also you should not test the seal strength, pushing it with your fingers or tongue.
These recommendations should adhere not only to the period of wearing the temporary filling, but for several days after, the dentist will finish the restoration of the tooth and put a permanent. A repeat visit to the dentist is necessary, since the temporary filling must be removed, otherwise you may even lose your tooth.