Than rinse your mouth after tooth extraction to heal faster?
After leaving the dentist’s office, many people forget the advice of a doctor and wonder than to rinse your mouth after tooth extraction to heal faster?
This is not surprising, because the removal procedure is less pleasant, as the patient is under stress forgets or did not listen to the advice of a doctor. And only when we reached the apartment, he’s plagued with questions: what to do next?
Common among patients believed that the rinse helps to speed up the tightening hole. But it is not, after all, not every situation is such a useful procedure and that it happens much more often, it causes damage and leads to complications.
Why you need a rinse when you have a tooth pulled?
In the first 24 hours after resection of the tooth, there is no need to rinse the mouth, because it may worsen the healing process. To understand why you shouldn’t do, go back in your mind in the dental chair and remember that the manipulation produced the doctor after the removal of the troublesome tooth.
First dental surgeon visually and with kuretani spoon probes the alveolus is the place where the roots of the tooth. This manipulation is necessary to ascertain if there are any fragments of root. If the removal was in the upper jaw, inspecting the hole, the doctor checks the integrity of the bone, and formed whether the communication with the maxillary sinus.
After the convergence of the wound edges with gauze tampon, the dentist recommends it to firmly clamp the teeth and hold a quarter of an hour.
These manipulations allow us to form a blood clot, the main function of which is to protect the fresh wound from possible infection. If the patient after a short time decide to rinse your mouth, then most likely, it will wash the clot.
Aggressive rinse destroys the protective blood barrier in the place of an extracted tooth, which leads to the development of alveolitis – inflammation in the hole. It is accompanied by pain and an unpleasant odor, and the wound of the bone and gums for a long time can not heal.
And yet rinses are often used by patients and prescribed by the doctor. To answer the question, do I need to rinse, it is impossible.
The mouthwash has several functions:
- reduces the severity of pain;
- eliminates germs that contamination of the oral cavity;
- it reduces the period of scab formation in the presence of purulent discharge.
If the pulling of the tooth was planned, he wasn’t sick, there was purulent discharge in the rinsing makes no sense. In a healthy person with strong immunity growth happens by itself, without additional manipulation.
The main indication for doing this procedure is the prescription of the surgeon, who was involved in the removal. When in the process of removing the hole discovered in the pus, the doctor appoints drugs and explains how to make mouth trays.
Rinsing will benefit and promote early healing in the following cases:
- Inflammation — if the tooth is very ill informed, attended by swelling, throbbing or fever — these are signs of accumulation of purulent exudate.
- Periostitis is when simultaneously with the extirpation of the tooth were cut on the gums due to «flux».
- Damaged teeth — if the mouth is caries and other sources of infection, the rinses will protect the hole from infection.
Rinse with killed pathogens, but must always be mindful that such manipulation should be gentle and hiding behind an imaginary benefit, not inflict further harm.
Video: how to rinse your mouth after tooth extraction and what medications to use? Personal experience.
No need to rinse:
- if it’s been less than 24 hours after surgery;
- if were not for medical purposes;
- if sanitized mouth and good condition of the immune system rinsing will do more harm than good;
Disregard the doctor’s recommendations can cause the effects:
- The bleeding from the hole that occurs repeatedly.
- The development of inflammatory processes such as osteomyelitis and alveolitis.
- Suppuration of the soft tissues that surround the tooth.
This explains why not and in what cases it is better not to rinse your mouth after removing.
Is it possible to do the rinsing and when to do it?
The day after extraction, rinse valid in some situations, but it is more likely to be the mouth trays, rather than active washing procedure.
Little who have oral cavity is in perfect condition. Tooth decay, loose teeth, plaque and Tartar, and often rotten roots of the teeth are not the best neighbors to the open surface of the alveoli. The mouth trays will reduce the risk of infection deeper into the hole.
When carrying out a hygienic procedure, aimed at combating inflammation, one should remember:
- active vypolaskivat movement will do more harm than good;
- the first day limit yourself to only gentle cleaning of teeth;
- in case of pain during the procedure, rinse need to stop it;
- with the resumption of bleeding to urgently visit a doctor.
Also, don’t forget the recommendations of the dentist: do not eat hot food, not to lift weights and not to touch the hole with your hands and tongue.
Than rinse your mouth after tooth extraction: a list of tools
- Chlorhexidine is the most common pharmaceutical remedy. It is colorless transparent liquid, which has a mild odor and a bitter taste. For dental purposes is used in a concentration of 0.05%. Antiseptic effect, active against a wide range of microorganisms, except fungi and viruses. Is contraindicated pregnant women and children because of the possible ingestion. For rinsing you need to dial in the mouth a small amount of solution, dilution water is not required;
- Miramistin — in contrast to the predecessor, Miramistin has a wide spectrum antibacterial action and also affects viruses and fungi of the genus Candida. The drug improves local immunity of the oral cavity and promotes better healing. Actively influences geobrowse bacteria. Available in plastic bottles and in the form of a spray, so you can use it for mouth baths and irrigations. Not enters the bloodstream. You can assign pregnant and lactating women;
- a solution of baking soda and salt — the combination of these two substances has an antiseptic effect. To enhance the effect, it is recommended to add a few drops of tincture of iodine. In 250 ml of boiling water to dissolve 7-10 grams of baking soda and salt, it is important that the water was not cold. Rinse 2-3 times a day. However, you should be very careful. Rapid gargle this solution is not only able to remove the clot, but also to irritate the wound, so it is better to give preference to other, less aggressive methods;
- Furatsilin — well shows its properties as an antiseptic in the treatment of purulent-inflammatory processes. To prepare the solution, take 10 tablets per 1 litre of water. To tablet dissolves better, they can be pre-crushed, and use hot water. It should be used in the form of trays of a mouth for 1-2 minutes 3-4 times a day;
- herbs — herbal teas based on herbs such as chamomile, calendula or sage, have established ourselves as gentle products that are effective in various types of inflammatory processes. In the application of herbal decoction as mouth trays, increases the speed of healing of the extraction sites;
- potassium permanganate is well — known from childhood antiseptic, which you should be very careful, because high concentration or undissolved crystals of the substance causes burns of the mucous membranes and even allergic reaction. For this reason, this substance is not available for free trade;
- conditioners — the means to care for the oral cavity in some cases also applicable for rinsing after surgery, tooth extraction. This applies to the balsam, used in diseases of the gums. Extracts of eucalyptus, pine, calendula and oak bark have a good healing effect. Apply 2-3 times a day.
If the hole removal, the Ambassador appeared something white, you should not panic. Read more about this here.
Video: what rules should be followed after tooth extraction? Meets Dr. Vitaly Isakov.
The use of drugs to faster healed gums
Popular pharmaceutical drugs for rinsing the oral cavity.
- Stomatofit — it is made with the use of herbal extracts that relieve inflammation. The medicine should be diluted with water to the concentration specified by the manufacturer. Included is a measuring Cup. The solution is not irritating and therefore suitable for appointment after tooth extraction;
- The drug is made based on eucalyptus extract. For dental purposes is more often used in the form of an alcohol tincture, so after tooth extraction should be applied carefully, to avoid burns;
- Calvin — alcohol-containing drug, which includes an essential oil and tannins. To use for rinsing, a means to make a low-concentrated, diluted with water in ratio 1:10. In such a low concentration of alcoholate does not dry the tissues of the mouth. At the first sign of irritation discontinue use immediately.
How to rinse your mouth: step by step instructions
Do I need to rinse the mouth after removal say dental surgeon after this unpleasant procedure. If such recommendations have been received from him, it is not necessary to engage in independent action, so as not to impair the process of tightening the hole.
After the removal of the complex, when formed out of the wounds of purulent content (bump with pus on the gums), your doctor may recommend oral irrigation. It is important to remember that you just need to hold the solution in your mouth with no active vypolaskivat the contents of the wells.
- Prepare the soaking solution. The fluid should be at room temperature or slightly warm. Ready pharmacy the drug need not be diluted, unless otherwise recommended by the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Fill the beaker with 15-20 ml of solution.
- Enter the liquid in your mouth and hold it, without making active movements. For better penetration into the wound area, tilt your head to the side where the bad tooth.
- Hold, not swallowing, in the mouth for 1-2 minutes.
- Content spit out from the mouth. Additional washing with water is not necessary.
Any appointments will have to perform after the meal. The next hour is better not to drink and not to eat, not to wash off the remnants of the existing components of the solution.
Frequency of treatments usually 3-4 times a day. Conducting a test audit in a few days, the oral surgeon will advise you to stop or continue rinsing.
Video: what to do after tooth extraction and what to rinse?
Marina, 39 years old
Two weeks ago I take teeth. He is very ill, and I even have a swollen cheek. To faster out the pus, the doctor cut my gums near the tooth and prescribed rinsing with Miramistina. I did everything strictly according to prescription of dentist: didn’t touch the hole day, do not eat hot food. The next day was to make the mouth trays after eating. 3 days later the doctor looked at it and said to continue the procedure, but noted that pus is almost gone. Thanks to the competent advice of a dentist I quickly recovered.
I have been working for 12 years, very often I come to patients with alveolitis. Unfortunately, in most cases it would be possible to avoid this complication, if not widespread among the people the opinion that you need to rinse your mouth after removing. The majority of patients arriving home after a visit to a dental surgeon, immediately begin rinsing by various means. Of course, that resumed bleeding, and after a couple of days, the alveolus starts to hurt. I advise everyone to listen to the doctor.
Ivan, 52 years
I do not understand how the people there is a conviction that it is necessary to rinse the mouth after a tooth pulled. The same evening I made a solution of soda and began to rinse out the place in the morning was a tooth. 40 minutes, I tried to fight the bleeding, then went to the clinic. The doctor, learning about my actions, scolded me. It turns out that the first day in any case, no need to rinse, and generally better just to collect the liquid in your mouth and spit out, so if you need to clean your mouth.
Svetlana, 18 years
Three days ago I suffered a complicated tooth extraction, which ended with the suturing of the wound. The dentist explained to me to better place the healing, you can do oral baths with decoctions of herbs or antiseptics. Passed yet, so little time, but I notice that the wound starts to heal.