The behavior of the child when teething
Very often parents, especially inexperienced ones, are interested in the question of how the child behaves when teething. After all, many young parents do not have any idea about what the behavior of the child when teething. That’s why mothers and fathers are not prepared for the fact that the child was able to cry, could not sleep nights and generally being very naughty.
The appearance of the first teeth
According to doctors of the «old school», the appearance of the first teeth falls in half-year age of the baby. Current pediatricians have established the age range, which can vary from 4 to 8 months of age of the child. However, the process of eruption of the first teeth is individual and can be influenced by the following factors:
- Heredity. If parents have a baby’s first teeth erupted at 3-4 months of age, it is logical to assume that their child it will happen sooner. The same can be said about the situation, when 9-month-old baby still no teeth, if his mom and dad at the same age of the teeth was not there.
- Complications during pregnancy postpones the time of eruption of the teeth.
- The course and duration of labor. Babies who were born prematurely, the teeth may erupt late. In this case, it is necessary to consider the biological age of these babies, not the age on the birth certificate.
- The disease, nutrition, climatic conditions and living conditions can also influence the time of appearance of the first teeth.
It is also worth noting that the response of the newborn to the event can be completely different. Some suffer this period of his life painful and do not behave as usual, others have kids, this process can pass completely unnoticed, which is probably very please their parents.
Some kids in the period when the first teeth erupt, can manifest symptoms that really scare them dad and mom:
- Kids gums swell, turn red and start to itch.
- Children cry, start to pull all in your mouth, capricious, and breast of a mother can soothe babies during this period, only for a while.
- At night the child sleeps badly and often wakes up really crying.
- Body temperature rises.
- There is a runny nose and sometimes a cough.
- Some kids can get a rash on my chin.
- Someone has a stomach ache and diarrhea are observed.
- As a rule, in this period of life in infants drooling profusely.
Parents are not always possible to distinguish between the symptoms that are evidence of teething, signs of severe pathological conditions. If pipsqueak started very capricious, but parents are not sure of the reason for this behavior, it is better to call the house pediatrician. It is not necessary in this situation to risk the health and life of the baby.
Duration of eruption of first tooth
According to experts, newborn baby’s gums there are 20 temporary teeth follicles. However, before you purchase used, they have to pass through the bone and gums. The duration of this process is determined individually for each child. Typically, the first teeth in babies lasts from 1 to 8 weeks.
Some mothers tend to write off all the problems associated with the status and behavior of their offspring, for teeth up to 2-2. 5 years of age. Runny nose, cough, fever, rashes on the body, constipation and diarrhea are moms blamed on the fact that the child continues to teething. However, such symptoms may be a symptom of SARS, flu, sore throat, stomatitis, herpetic infections, different types of intestinal infections.
Not to confuse the appearance of teeth with any of the listed pathological conditions, parents should consider the following points:
- In the normal course of events, the child’s body temperature during this period may not exceed 37,5 ° C. A slight increase in temperature can happen as a result of local inflammation, e.g., gums. In other cases, we are talking about the development of a disease.
- Diarrhea and vomiting, occurring at the background of high temperature and restless behavior of the baby, as a rule, are the signs of intestinal infection. In this case, it requires the adoption of urgent measures to prevent dehydration. Otherwise it can end fatally.
- Runny nose, sneezing and coughing may signs of cold-related pathologies. If a baby has observed these symptoms and the temperature is normal or high, you should consult a doctor to identify the exact cause of this condition and prescribe an appropriate treatment.
However, it is only natural and right that the first teeth were cut in children gradually. 6-8 month life of the child appear first lower incisors. Moms and dads should take into account the fact that the first teeth boys appear much later than in girls.
There is a formula, which calculates how many teeth should be the baby to your current age. To do this, from the number of months of a child’s life we should take away number 4. If the mother noticed that the process of teething baby is behind schedule, should show the baby to the dentist. In medical practice there are cases when a child was absent the beginnings of teeth.
Parents need to know and that is the order in which is formed dentition in children. First to appear are the lower and upper front incisors. After that, with the right and left sides of the grow lateral incisors. Next in line are the first and second molars, and at the end erupt the canines. Thus, the child in 2-3 years should be cut 20 teeth.
And how to behave to parents during this period, when the baby suffers? How to alleviate the suffering of crumbs?
To date, medicine offers a huge choice of means for solving this problem:
- The teethers. So-called special toys, made in the form of rings made of materials based on rubber. These toys are like rubber, they contain liquid. That is why before you give it in the hands of the kid, it is recommended to put a toy in the freezer for approximately 5 minutes. These toys perfectly retain the heat, thereby giving an analgesic effect. Kids this kind of toy very much.
- Pain gels. The vast majority of such funds is made on the basis of lidocaine or menthol. This tool should be applied to the gums the crumbs that will help to soothe and anesthetize them. The effect of the gel lasts for 20 minutes after application. To apply such funds, it is recommended not more often 5 times a day for 3 days.
To speed up the process of eruption of the first tooth, the parents can take the following actions:
- Give the crumbs to chew on drying or crackers. This will allow you to stimulate, to speed up the process.
- You can put a clean spoon in the fridge for a while, and then wrap it with gauze and hold the spoon on the gums of the baby. You can give chilled teether or slices of Apple.
- It is necessary to monitor the cleanliness of surrounding baby items, otherwise the child can put in mouth infection.
- During this period, experts recommend parents to be more attentive and affectionate with the child.
The change of the first teeth at the root
The molars of the baby begin to erupt at age 6 to 8 years. This process is much longer than the appearance of the first tooth and continues until it reaches 25 years of age.
There is the following order of replacement of milk teeth indigenous: first, the Central incisors erupt. This process continues up to 10 years. After that, by 11 years, the child appears lateral teeth. Further increase of the premolars, and then change the first and second molars. All these changes occur before the child reaches the age of 13. In the 14 years cut teeth, after which to 25 years to erupt are the third molars.
Parents should take care of the dental health of their child. For this you need to provide the fumes a complete diet to meet the body’s needs for vitamins and minerals, and also proteins, fats and carbohydrates in the needs of the growing organism.
Dads and moms need to understand and navigate the situation when the teeth erupt and are replaced at the root. Parents should know how to care for a child in such moments of life, how to comfort and soothe. In response, the child will thank his father and mother beaming smile.