The dental formula in children: milk teeth diagram
For parents who are always worried about the health of their kids, there is a special dental formula in children. Since it is necessary to consult at the age of 5-6 months when the first baby teeth begin to erupt. However, this is only a diagram, and every body is different, so do not be afraid if the process starts a little sooner or later. The main thing in this period is to help the child as easy as possible to experience unpleasant symptoms.
The timing of eruption
If, as it follows from the standard terms, the child has not yet started the process of eruption, do not panic. Dentists say that a deviation of up to 6 months, and in any direction is not considered pathology. The average age for the appearance of the first teeth in 6-8 months, but it has to happen otherwise there really is cause for concern. Factors influencing this may include the following:
- Hypothyroidism. With an insufficient amount of hormones produced by the thyroid gland, the body is slower;
- Genetic predisposition. Often, if the parents later observed the eruption, in children, a similar pattern is repeated;
- Adentia. This abnormality is associated with lack of dental germs as such;
- Rickets. The disease is characterized by a significant lack of calcium in the body;
- Problems with proper absorption of nutrients.
If the timing of eruption of the first tooth has passed, do not be amiss to consult with your pediatrician, but quite often this is due to the individual characteristics of the baby.
Location of deciduous teeth
There is the standard pattern of emergence of primary teeth, according to which infants ‘ first encounters with the eruption of the first molars in 6-10 months. Room name the teeth of the child are the same for upper and lower jaw. Usually appear first front incisors — lower, then upper. In General, the upper and lower jaw, forming two arcs, develop symmetrically.
For 3-4 years the child is usually already cut 20 teeth, this happens in the following order:
- Front incisors — 6-10 months;
- Lateral incisors by 1 year of life;
- The first indigenous — 18 months;
- The canine — 18-20 months;
- A full set of teeth to 24-30 months.
Please note, as happened in the eruption of the front incisors — usually, if the first time the process was symmetric with the rest of the pairs will be the same. But a more typical scenario — at first climb the lower, then upper «neighbors,» with the exception of the lateral incisors.
Children’s dental formula
The dental formula of milk teeth is necessary for a quick calculation of their numbers by this age. Parents can check to be sure normal development of their child. Permanent and milk teeth differ in many respects — size, color enamel, inner structure, the degree of mineralization of the enamel, and therefore the formula of the child is not the same that that of an adult.
Scheme for milk teeth is written in Roman numerals and are as follows:
V IV III II I I II III IV V
V IV III II I I II III IV V
Names of milk teeth is the same for upper and lower row, here I and II are the incisors, III — fangs, IV and V large indigenous, while indigenous yet. On this basis, can be calculated according to the formula the number of molars — each number is represented by the number of teeth:
2 0 1 2 2 1 0 2
2 0 1 2 2 1 0 2
It’s only 10 molars on the upper gum and the same on the bottom, just to 4 years the child should receive 20 teeth.
For the calculation of permanent molars to the above formula is added two pairs of premolars. That is, each of the jaw arcs will be for 16 units, in the amount of 32 teeth — the norm for an adult.
How is the teething
When parents are waiting for the appearance of the first molar, they are worried about what they will encounter. You shouldn’t be afraid, though, some unpleasant symptoms can not be avoided. Here is a list of all the traditional «satellites» of this process:
- Swelling of the gums, redness;
- Increased salivation;
- Easy excitability, sometimes high activity is due to the need to relieve pain with the help of improvised means — the child pulls in a mouth, bites favorite toys, different items.
- Poor appetite — a newborn may refuse some meals;
- Difficulty falling asleep, irritability.
Thus, increased salivation simultaneously provokes further complications — runny nose, irritation of the skin (mouth, chin, chest), cough, hoarseness, sometimes a little indulgence of the chair.
Separately to say about the high temperature when teething — the value at 38.5 degrees Celsius is considered perfectly normal, usually after two or three days he comes back to normal. If not, most likely, it develops an infectious disease, you need to seek confirmation of the diagnosis to the pediatrician and start the right treatment.
How to help your child
There is a set of measures that will make the process of teething is not so heavy for the baby.
Experts recommend to try each of the list and choose the most effective:
|The teethers.||These special devices are designed specifically so that the child can safely chew and at the same time relieve itching. Inside is filled with gel or special liquid for rapid cooling.|
|Gum massage.||Smoothly and gently with a soft cloth moistened with plain water gauze swab, additionally it is a good hygienic procedure.|
|Brush fingertip.||It is also a means for oral cavity hygiene and relief of the baby.|
|Orthodontic nipples.||Products made from latex or silicone are the most preferred, but the design must be special, otherwise it may develop a malocclusion.|
|Medication.||Before using any tool, you must consult with your pediatrician to avoid the various side effects. Popular: Baby doctor first teeth, Dentinox, Solkoseril, Kalgel, Holisal.|
The truth about teething
Often you can find misconceptions about how children experience the emergence of new molars, or other false opinions. Here are some of them:
- The teething should be done strictly according to the standard scheme. Again it should be emphasized — a process occurring in individual time frame. For example, there are cases when a baby is born with a few teeth in the mouth;
- High temperature, runny nose, cough, diarrhea, the appearance of diaper rash — a common set of «trouble» at the time of eruption of deciduous molars. Actually it says it’s not strong enough immunity, there is a high probability that the body is infection. You need to consult a specialist if the symptoms persist for several days;
- Nipple during the eruption of molars can spoil the bite. This brand has no reason to deny a child does not need;
- Milk teeth do not require such careful maintenance. Improper growth of permanent molars and in the future the wearing of braces — that can be a consequence of negligent attitude to health of deciduous teeth.
The change of primary teeth
At the age of about six and a half years begins loss of deciduous molars to be replaced by permanent ones. The first incisors are replaced by the average, then in 7-8 years it occurs with lateral teeth, with large indigenous aged 9-12 years. Only the complete replacement of deciduous teeth may take up to five years, but that’s average value.
What’s eating your child during the change of teeth, is of great importance. So add in his diet dairy products (source of calcium), and liver, sour cream, fish, eggs, butter for better absorption. Don’t forget about the seafood and cheese that are high in phosphorus, and fruits and vegetables will provide sufficient amounts of vitamins. And, of course, limit the consumption of anything that contains sugar — cakes, candies, sugary sodas.
Proper care of baby teeth
From health time units depends on how smooth and beautiful will grow constant. So don’t forget to visit a pediatric dentist, and at home to provide good hygiene of the oral cavity. There are a number of principles that you need to achieve this:
- Starting with the first molars for cleaning use a special attachment on the finger, you can also take a piece of ordinary cheesecloth;
- When the baby begins to independently brush teeth, watch how he does it — the procedure should be carried out twice a day;
- Gradually teach your child after cleaning, apply conditioner, at first it may be a solution of baking soda or a decoction of herbs;
- Do not tighten the treatment of caries or Tartar removal, to not further provoke the gingivitis.
What are the problems
Tooth decay is the most common dental disease in children. Dairy units is less protected from aggressive influence on them, so for the complete destruction of the molars enough from three to five months.
At first you may notice on the surface of enamel white spots at this stage to slow the process helps fluoridation. But if time does not take action, the marks begin to darken, the destruction of the crown is in full swing.
Removal of such a tooth is no difficulty, after the operation it is important that the child did not touch language clot at the site of the former tooth. The bleeding should not be lengthy — 5-10 minutes, if it persists for more than an hour, seek help from a specialist.