The denture rubbing on the gums: how to heal and what to do?
Detachable design become a great way for people who have lost a large part of the dentition. But almost all the following question arises: what to treat and what to do if the denture rubs the gum?
The reasons can be several, and correction options, it all depends on the specific situation. Most importantly, insist on what podiatrists – do not adjust the denture yourself and do not stay overnight in the adjustment period. Otherwise the problem will only get worse.
Any professional doing design, can make a mistake. And the process of creating dentures are not perfectly accurate. And just a millimeter of deviation can cause problems in adaptation.
The design itself, even properly made, consists of a harder material than the soft tissue with which it comes into contact. Therefore, a period of habituation and natural ointments should be.
From the initial overlay on the gums is the formation of so-called prosthetic bed or field. This is the part of soft tissues, which will now be directly in contact with design. They need to get used to a certain effect, and the foreign object will take place in the oral cavity.
If the denture rubs the gum too hard or long, it is necessary to consult a doctor. There can be different reasons for this and they can be addressed:
- Inadequate health care leads to entrapment of food debris under construction, creating some irritation.
- If denture worn too long and only a few years began to worry, so he became useless. In this case you need to replace it with a new one.
- Allergies to the material can sometimes be due to the presence of metals. This is usually Nickel, cobalt, copper or chromium. They can cause fairly severe allergic reaction, so removing from the oral cavity design as soon as possible. After accurate diagnosis it is desirable to use materials that do not cause allergies.
- Improper installation or errors in creating the. Even a small defect can make the wound of the mucosa. When inaccuracies on the design, the doctor will easily adjust.
- The occurrence of candidiasis may cause inflammation of soft tissues, increased sensitivity, which leads to further rubbing. Be sure to remove the structure and to treat the underlying problem.
- The same is true of gingivitis. It can arise from different reasons, but he will be the cause of wounds in contact with a foreign body.
- If a removable prosthesis was mounted on pulpless abutment teeth, caries will lead to inflammation of the gums that drags the rubbing. Without nerve in time to feel the signs of dental disease is impossible until the decay gets to the soft tissues. It can be seen only in the formation of flux.
- The rubbing leads and incorrect fixation structure. The doctor sets it in a certain way and teaches the patient how to remove and put on. If not, you may have problems.
- If the prosthesis is not securely fixed to the gums, and periodically slipping, shifting, naturally it starts to grate. Sometimes the man himself tongue trying to put it on the place that are ineffective. For convenience, it is better to use a special adhesive composition for fixing dentures.
In each case, the physician must diagnose the problem and solve it.
How to treat the wear and tear from prosthesis?
To rubs passed, there are two ways to eliminate the root cause and reduce inflammation of soft tissues. But if you don’t do the first, the second will give a non-durable effect. It is therefore important to approach the process holistically:
- To adjust the prosthesis, if problems happened due to its tuberosity. It happens quite often, and the doctor can make the necessary manipulations in 10-15 minutes. Sometimes you have to make a correction multiple times, because the displacement of the design can be problems of fit in other places. What is very important – not to make such manipulations themselves.
- If the problem is due to the lack of proper care, you should begin to make necessary actions to cleanse after each meal. And in the meantime to relieve inflammation, it is sufficient to rinse your mouth decoctions of herbs. It can be chamomile, sage, oak bark, calendula, yarrow, etc. Well help lotions with herbal infusions.
- Therapeutic oils are able to get rid of small wounds and soothe mucous membranes. For these purposes, choose sea buckthorn or rosehip. Apply the swab with a few drops of oil for 15-20 minutes three times a day. Preferably at the time of treatment of the gums for dentures not to use it.
- There is a special collagen plates and gaskets to wear dentures. They are placed between the gum and the prosthesis are a kind of buffer that protects the sensitive mucosa from damage. Due to its composition, these plates can also treat the gums and to disinfect the surface.
- There are gels and creams that help treatment the mucosa and tolerance to dentures. It can be ointments for healing or remedies in any other form convenient for the patient.
- When they appear it is better to contact the doctor to examine the origin and danger of the formations.
- Among folk remedies is well established med. He is able to quickly heal wounds, reduce inflammation, and even a little numb. Enough to put bee products are a little on the mucosa before going to sleep and not flush with the surface, making it disappear naturally.
To dentist able to pinpoint the cause of the problem, and correctly to adjust the design in case of rubbing, it is necessary that you want to visit to wear a prosthesis, not taking at least 3-4 hours. Only in this case the doctor can set a specific location of the problem and most efficiently carry out the necessary manipulations.
Some patients do not wish to endure the first period of adaptation to the denture, and remove it at night to relax, and even put on only when you need to eat or talk. While no doctor will help mucosa of the patient to get used to the design. Thus is the vicious circle in which people will constantly suffer from the presence of a foreign object in your mouth and gums will not be able to get used to it.
When you need the filing of the prosthesis?
A very common reason for rubbing become imperfect shape of the structure itself. This is normal and quite easily corrected. The doctor will notice during your visit and will address the root cause.
- Even a millimeter discrepancy can create a tangible defect.
- When filing at the place of contact the issue is resolved, but there will be a redistribution of the load, and such a defect will arise in another place. Sometimes it takes a few times to see a doctor before the design is fully tailored to the shape of the gums.
- Too often, the filing and in really serious cases. Because of the periodic adjustment it will become worthless. It concerns the attempts of domestic manipulation, prosthesis easy to break or to bring to a point when you have to make a new one.
An experienced doctor will not perform the correction of the prosthesis with the patient. It needs to verify the intensity and localization of rubs. It is therefore important that the specialist saw that there is a problem with your own eyes.
If the dentist did obviously defective prosthesis and is suitable to the situation is not serious, it is better to change the doctor. The skills of the interpreter depends largely on the quality of the design and health of the oral cavity of the patient.
Video: blisters on the gums from the denture.
To avoid problems getting used to the removable prosthesis is unlikely. But you can try to facilitate this process and reduce the risk of serious injuries. To do this, doctors are advised to adhere to the following guidelines:
- After each meal it is desirable to remove the design and cleaned it further with a brush, especially in places of contact with the mucosa. After all, every little speck is capable of creating a wound through time.
- If you are unable to clean the prosthesis, if necessary, then at least rinse it under running water.
- At the first sign of rubbing can immediately make herbal infusions and rinsing their mouth.
- Besides herbs there are special tools that are sold in the pharmacy that help to heal wounds and relieve inflammation.
- Please, doctor, to know exactly what to do to adjust the prosthesis to change it or just tolerate it and get used to it.
- Try chewing evenly distribute load on the jaw and on both sides.
- It is also important not to withdraw from the design in the first weeks of adaptation to the night to cloth quickly got used to it.
Only at observance of such rules, you can count on the fact that the prosthesis will catch on faster and takes the least amount of problems.