The epulis on gum treatment, types, photos
The epulis on gum is classified as a tumor, but don’t be afraid. The article describes the treatment, tumors, and also demonstrated a photo with a detailed description of the clinical forms.
The main source that causes his appearance, is injury. EPolicy look unattractive, but hardly bother its owner, with the exception of aesthetic changes.
What is epulis?
The epulis called soft tissue formation that emerged in the mucosa of the alveolar process. It has several synonymous names, epulis, adesnik or giant cell granuloma. Sprout area in most cases, adjacent teeth, especially premolars, but sometimes you see education and on the body of the mandible.
Epulis it occurs in adults, particularly vulnerable female, but can occur in children. Special care should be taken to the appearance of nadesiko in children and pregnant women:
- infants exposed to the growth of education during the period when teething. Angiomatous is the most common form, but you can find also other kinds. Do not tighten the visit to the dentist in order to remove the epulis, uncontrolled growth which leads to its overgrowth;
- women expecting a baby are at risk for giant cell apelido due to the changed hormone levels in the body, so you should periodically inspect the oral cavity in order to detect the tumor.
Do not confuse with epulis swelling of pus on the gums because it is completely different diseases.
In the international classification of diseases defines multiple types of epulis, each of which has a code:
- fibrous in appearance absolutely indistinguishable from gingival tissue, it has a dense consistency, due to the peculiarities of the cells that formed the epulis. Has a spherical or rounded shape, the surface may be smooth or is marked by a small tuberosity. Usually localized on the vestibular area of the gingiva from the premolars, the base education looks quite wide. This is one of the most profitable types of epulis, because it grows slowly, does not bleed and is not affected by the malignancy;
- angiomatous – stems from soft tissues, with a large number of blood vessels, which causes its distinctive features. The signs of such epulis similar to the classic vascular tumor: is red, sometimes cyanotic, the touch can bleed, palpation is determined by the formation of soft consistency with melkoporistoj shell. Common in children (5-10 years), fast growing, and after removal is often marked by re-appearance;
- giant cell grows from osteogenic cells and is the most unfavorable form of the disease. This epulis is exposed to adults, especially women aged 40 to 60 years. Occurs on the alveolar part of the jaw, the lesion is dense, resilient, rounded shape, having a distinctive brown — bluish or brownish tinge. By touching Pulido marked pain response, and occasionally slightly bleeding;
- Academichesky is a rare form of epulis, which is another name for peripheral ameloblastoma in soft tissues. Refers to benign tumors, painless. It grows from cells of the enamel organ of the tooth Bud, forming horn pearls are found in the lower jaw. After removal it tends to retidiviruuschem growth.
As the epulis on the gums according to their morphology belongs to the class of tumors, it is of two forms: benign and malignant. On the basis of belonging to him, adesnik will have the specific characteristic of the tumor.
- A benign tumor is a painless education, characterized by a painless, slow growth, the size rarely exceeds 15-20 mm in diameter. Does not cause trouble, with the exception of violations of appearance.
- Malignant tumour – there has been a rapid growth increase in size, there is a painful reaction, there is bleeding of the gums, occurs movement, and touches upon the system of canals surrounding teeth.
As it looks, the main features of
The majority of the epulis does not bring the patient discomfort and pain, but causes minor discomfort in the oral cavity and disrupts the appearance, because he often becomes noticeable when you smile. In difficult situations, when education has a malignant course, the specificity of the symptoms increases and there is pain.
The appearance of epulis depends on many parameters:
- size – the value is different depending on the clinical forms, and varies from 3-4 mm up to several centimeters.
- color – when fibrous epulis color identical to the color of the gums, in the form of angiomatous neoplasm is the color of the blood vessels: from bright red to dark red. Giant cell granuloma has a dark-brown coloration. Frequent injuries epulis teeth, sharp clasps of the prosthesis or the overhanging edge of the seal, the surface ulcerate, changing color;
- form – nudesave compare to the shape of the fungus, since the tumor distinguished body and the leg attached to the gum. The foot often acts as a wide base, or is smaller in diameter than the main part of the tumor;
- texture – the density of epulis depends on the type of cells that were the source of tumor growth, and is soft or hard.
On diagnostic radiographs determined that at the base pulida present site is exhausted bones that can lead to the mobility of surrounding teeth.
The etiology of epulis formation is not fully understood, but doctors distinguish factors leading to the growth of this education.
- The change in hormone levels that often leads to the occurrence of epulis in pregnancy.
- Irritation of the mucous membrane of the jaw bone.
- Systematic injury.
Among the three reasons, the most common is a chronic injury of the gums that is triggered by the following factors:
- the hanging portions of the seals located above the gums;
- the sharp edge of the tooth destroyed by decay process;
- massive mineralized deposits on the teeth;
- abnormal bite in which the teeth are not in contact with antagonists, and rested in the soft tissues and bite them regularly;
- the rough edges of dentures, and sharp fixing elements;
- thermal and chemical burns.
Separately it can be noted that giant cell granuloma is able to arise spontaneously from the soft tissue or of the jaw bone that determines its kind: Central (intraosseous) or peripheral (Magadana). Fibrous and angiomatous epulis rise in response to inflammation reaction in case of regular violation of the integrity of the gums.
The epulis on the gums and its treatment
Traditional medicine is getting rid of the tumors produced using surgical method.
- Under General anesthesia or local anesthesia, the surgeon performs the cutting of the gums through the entire thickness of soft tissue by grasping the periosteum a few millimeters from the tumor.
- Excised all sections of the affected tissues, and in the case of giant cell epulis, the tumor is cut out together with the affected bone. In this case the operating doctor is necessary to avoid excessive injuries that could deteriorate the healing process and also cause re-growth of the epulis.
- Most often the surgery is performed under General anesthesia, but in the case of small size tumors a valid local anesthesia.
- After excision, the wound is closed by iodine-phorme tampon, and in the case of extensive tumor, the dentist sutures for convergence of the wound edges and accelerate restoration of the integrity of tissues.
Adjacent teeth are removed only in case of mobility of the third degree, or by exposure of roots more than two-thirds of the length.
Modern medical science commonly uses a laser as a scalpel that provides a minimal traumatism of tissue, precise excision and ensured the sterility of the wound. In the treatment of angiomatous form is used sclerosing therapy based on the use of urethane-hinidinovy mixture, whereby compression of blood vessels and tumor shrinkage.
Application of methods of folk medicine are permissible only at the stage of healing of postoperative wounds. Before using those or other means, ask the doctor won’t hurt if it’s the process of tissue regeneration.
For rinsing apply:
- medicinal plants – the use of decoctions of chamomile, marigold, sage or eucalyptus helps eliminate inflammation. 2 teaspoons of dry mix zaparte Cup of boiling water and leave for insisting. After cooling, filter the infusion and rinse your mouth 4-5 times per day;
- saline solution – eliminates swelling and inhibit the reproduction of pathogenic microbes. 5 g of food or sea salt, pour in a Cup of water and stir until dissolved. Because of the aggressiveness of the solution, do not use it on the day of surgery, and it’s better to consult the dentist about the feasibility of the application;
- the soda solution is prepared according to the principle of the previous recipe. The tool protects against inflammation, eliminates swelling and reduces the growth of bacteria.
The soaking solution should have a temperature which does not cause burns, but does not contribute to hypothermia tissues.
Typically, tumors can be removed without problems, but in some cases may develop complications.
- Recurrent growth of tumors.
- Postoperative swelling.
- Suppuration of the soft tissues due to contact with pathogenic bacteria.
Follow medical advice and take medications prescribed by the surgeon-dentist after surgery. Maintaining oral health at high level will save from joining a secondary infection in the postoperative period. In the event of consequences, to visit the dentist.
Monitoring the condition of the teeth and mouth will reduce the likelihood of Apulia.
- rehabilitation of mouth – timely visit to the dentist to resolve the issues will allow time to remove the defective seal and heal cavity;
- avoid injuries – be careful that you do not have a systematic prokusyvanie soft tissues and injury from the sharp edges of the teeth. Abnormal occlusion, contact your orthodontist to correct this phenomenon;
- early detection and control visits to the dentist every six months will allow time to notice the tumor.
Video: the treatment of epulis of the gingiva by surgery.
International classification ePolicy belong to the class К06.8 Other specified changes to the toothless gums and alveolar edge.
► The cost of treatment
The price of the surgery in clinics of Moscow ranges from 3000 to 6000 depending on the skill of the surgeon and complexity produced by excision.