The eye teeth in children: symptoms of teething
When there comes a time when the first tooth of the baby, many parents are interested in the issue of eye teeth in children and the symptoms their eruption. The situation around the mouth of the child, often fueled by the large number of rumors associated with these teeth.
In today’s article we will talk about what they are, how they differ and what to do if the child had a similar problem.
What is eye teeth?
Eye teeth called the fangs of a child in the upper jaw, near the facial nerve affecting the entire upper half of a human face. If these teeth will touch this nerve, it will pop a very strong pain in the eyes and other parts of the face.
The eruption of the eye teeth will not affect your ability to see, even though many argue that in the pathology of growth may deteriorate or even disappear vision. Doctors also believe that such speculation is not justified.
- the size of the canines of the upper more than the lower, and the cutting surface is a little bit longer;
- one long root;
- fairly sharp angle at which converge the cutting surface of the eye tooth.
For a more detailed consideration of this problem, we offer to your attention a few photos.
Will also show you a useful diagram, eye teeth are fangs.
Teething is a highly individual process that is different in every child. Standards for the appearance of the upper milk canines are baby – 15-23 months from the moment of birth, but it sometimes happens in other periods. There are times when the eye teeth appear the very first, and sometimes their appearance have to wait very long.
The upper canines often erupt before the lower. This process the child may be accompanied with severe pain, because it touches the facial nerve.
But such changes can take place and is painlessly. As a rule, until the eye teeth, in children it appears a number of other heart and they are easier to tolerate the process.
During the eruption of the eye teeth appear characteristic symptoms. Conditionally they can be divided into two groups: those associated with changes in the oral cavity and throughout the body. In the first case will take place:
- the gums in the area of the eruption, will redden and podumatj, you may experience inflammation;
- increases the amount of saliva in the mouth;
- the child may pull in the mouth foreign objects is associated with an increased salivation, and the fact that the problem area of the gums itches, hurts and causes all sorts of discomfort.
All organism of the child can be expressed in such symptoms:
- problems with the upper respiratory tract (stuffy nose);
- increased body temperature (in average, up to 38 degrees);
- problems with the digestive system (diarrhea, constipation, etc.);
- the appearance of conjunctivitis and increased lacrimation;
- pain in the ears.
If you have similar symptoms it is very important to determine which disease you are dealing with, since other diseases can take place in a similar way. Therefore, it is necessary to show the baby to the doctor, who will diagnose you.
During the eruption of the upper canines, the most important is the condition of the oral cavity. It is the redness and swelling in their area should be the first messengers of the problem.
How to help your child in case of eruption of eye teeth?
Eating the following features to reduce discomfort to the baby.
- Pain gels — in the shortest time possible relieve unpleasant symptoms (kamistad, dentinox). They are applied to the problem area and in a few minutes they begin to act, but before using such tools it is necessary to consult a doctor.
- Massage your gums several times a day massage your child’s gums in the area of teething by using a clean index finger.
- Special tools to facilitate the growth of teeth is due to the cooling effect they soothe the surface of the gums and relieve soreness.
- Stuffy nose, fever and conjunctivitis require separate treatment — the symptoms of teething in need of separate treatment. Medications should be recommended by your physician for use with children of appropriate age.
Any means and medicines which you are trying to help your kid needs to be certified, otherwise you can hurt the weak body of the child, trying to cure him. Remember that even a good specialist can not properly prescribe the drug in absentia, be sure to show the kid the doctor.
Often it happens that the canines or eye teeth you want to delete, but it needs to be good reasons:
- pathology of growth, which negatively affects the bite;
- the wrong positioning of the teeth over the rest of dentition;
- options eye teeth that affect adjacent teeth.
However, there are options against it:
- very poorly susceptible to tooth decay and other diseases because of the peculiarities of their structure;
- after removing the chewing load is distributed on the other teeth can negatively affect their structure and health;
- after removal, the patient may show problems with speech.
If you do decide to delete, before carefully consult a dentist-surgeon dentist-therapist and orthodontist. Dentists, in turn, is often recommended to try other methods, for example, you can whittle away a certain part of the problem tooth or set of braces.
They believe that it is necessary to try to keep their teeth anyway, and used deletion only in those cases where other measures have not yielded positive results.
Video: first teeth — Dr. Komarovsky’s school.
► Could it be after removal of the eye tooth swelling of the eyes?
This phenomenon can actually take place. The fact that after the removal of the teeth often there is swelling that could affect the optic nerve, due to that, there is a swelling around the eyes.
► The consequences of the removal
After removal of the upper canines can be a number of negative consequences: problems with articulation, impairment of the function and structure of the adjacent teeth. Because of this, doctors recommend to remove the eye teeth only in extreme cases.