The fissure of the tooth is: what is the sealing of fissures
The fissure of a tooth is a natural irregularities of the chewing parts of all teeth except the incisors and canines. Their depth is up to 3 mm. So they often become the epicenter of the accumulation of food particles, which causes cavities.
Fissures are different. There are significant changes in the shape and depth of the grooves of the «young» recently prorezalsya, adults or more dental elements. «Young» structure are more tortuous, deep surface and durable enamel. So the first few years, these elements are most prone to carious changes.
There are 4 main types of structure fissure recesses:
Sealing of children’s teeth (sealing) technology of prevention of tooth decay. The technique has nothing to do with the remineralization and silver, therefore, does not apply to dental preservation. Way to affordable, painless and very effective. But he’s not got a decent popularity and wide distribution.
During fissure sealing of permanent teeth cannot perform 2 main tasks:
- The creation of the physical barrier of the filling material. The substance minimizes exposure to cariogenic factors (the stuck food residue, microbes).
- Fissure sealing of the teeth ensures durability of the enamel. Filling material contains a significant concentration of fluorine ions, calcium and magnesium.
Sealant cover only the masticatory structures, which has depressions. The absolute procedure is painless, performed without anesthetic injection. Sealing is relatively inexpensive.
The indications and frequency of the procedure
A similar event on the teeth performed once. It is designed for several years. Sealing does not free the patient from regular checkups at the dentist. When deciding on the necessary procedures shall take into account the age of the baby, and his permanent tooth. It is better to carry out the procedure in the first 6 months after eruption of the tooth.
The appearance of dental elements is a long, long process. Parents should understand that the sealing of teeth in one visit is impossible. The sealant will not damage tooth enamel, will not prevent the development of tooth. Hermetic substance — elastic sealant. Its application will not prevent the formation of the natural shape of each tooth.
The hardness of the dental structures does not change. Silenti do not interfere with the mineralization of the enamel, and sometimes even increases it. After the procedure, the baby feels no discomfort because the sealant does not interfere with the chewing of food. He is invisible on the teeth.
Indications for manipulation:
The procedure can be performed to children and adults with profound fissures of posterior teeth which are difficult to access for hygiene. Important condition: all fissure education must be intact (not affected by caries). Otherwise, perform the other ways to fight tooth decay.
Insufficient tooth mineralization prorezalsya chewing areas of the teeth. The procedure is performed only in childhood. The technique helps «ripen» the teeth, avoiding Karieroupravlenie. The sealant is preferably applied immediately after the eruption, until the fissure prevent tooth decay.
Sealing the fissures of teeth is a multistage process, comprising:
- Training. Each tooth deepening the scrub, treated with antiseptic, dried with warm air. Fissures it is important to isolate from saliva (by using bytovyh turundae and balls).
- The application of a special dental acid, its rinsing and drying of the tooth. Phase allows to prepare the surface for better adhesion silent.
- A direct application of the sealant, curing it under the light bulb.
- Polishing is designed to remove excess pressurized substance.
- Treatment of teeth with fluoride paste or varnish.
Sealing can be carried out at a superficial carious lesions. Pre-the affected area is sanded, filled with special steklofibrobetonnykh solution. Then, a sealing.
What is sealing? It is entirely safe preventive dental procedure. But it has some contraindications for implementation, including:
- the first 4 years after the previous sealing (fissures keep tooth resistance to caries);
- the presence of carious changes on proximally (between the teeth) surfaces of teeth with intact fissures;
- broad structure fissured formations, their good communication with each other.
There is no need to seal those fissures that are poorly expressed. They are called open formations.
A kind of sealing
There are several methods of procedure. The proper choice does the attending physician. This takes into account the following factors:
- data visual inspection;
- the severity and extent of the lesion;
- data of additional examinations (x-rays).
Invasive technique is used in the presence of a deep and narrow fissure. Thus to render the bottom and sides of the formations have to make an additional infestation. If you cover a carious fissure sealant, it will only aggravate and accelerate the destruction of the tooth. Narrow and deep education is not easy to fill sealing material. It does not guarantee complete filling of all voids.
Noninvasive hermetic sealing is applied in the presence of available open fissure. Complete visual inspections of such entities allows to exclude the presence of caries in the area of the bottom or walls of the fissures.
The stages of non-invasive procedures:
- A thorough cleaning of the surface with abrasive pastes, circular brushes. If necessary, it is possible to use ultrasonic, sandblasting units. Then the tooth is washed from the residue of abrasive pastes.
- The surface is etched with phosphoric acid a quarter of a minute, then washed it and dried tooth.
- The liquid sealant is applied to the tooth, the filling material is distributed over the fissure, and the excess is removed.
- The tooth Shine a light-curing lamp. This provides a hardening material.
- Grinding and polishing the occlusal surfaces of the teeth.
Sealing the deep fissures of a closed type is a little different. The method involves an additional stage — opening narrow recesses. An autopsy is to widen the fissures with a dental drill.
Products: main characteristics of hermetic materials
All silanti are divided into chemical and light curing. Often used it is the latter group, since she has no toxic residues, high speed and quality of polymerization.
Sealants and distinguished in appearance. They are transparent and colored. The first agent used is at high risk of caries by sealants under. Usually these risks are related to weak mineralization of the enamel. In other cases, apply colored substance.
There are sealers with different chemical composition and structure. Often used fluorinated substances which not only protect the teeth, but also strengthen the enamel. Great demand for liquid forms of materials. They are well penetrate into all cavities, completely filling even relatively deep fissures (due to their fluidity).
Many materials are composed of fluorine. These ions have a further strengthening effect on the enamel. Ions are emitted from the material is gradually a year or more. This ensures a prolonged beneficial effect of zilantov.
In practice, the dentists use:
- Grandio Seal has a unique shrinkage and substantial strength.
Characteristics of substances
All sealing materials are produced in a special syringe pens. With their help, the material is extruded directly into the fissure. Replace sealant if conventional filling material?
Hermetic substances — a kind of filling material with its own characteristics. Silenty additionally contain significant amounts of useful minerals and substances. In this way possible to «saturate» the enamel, to fill it, not allowing the carious process.
Numerical studies confirm the correct method of 100% protects the surface from decay. This kind of physical barrier to disease. The effectiveness of the procedure is dramatically reduced if the damage of the adhesive substance. But the teeth after sealing carious less susceptible to destruction than usual. It often happens that the sealing is valid up to 5 years. But there are cases when the substance was preserved the validity of 10 years or more.
It is a mistake to believe that sealing is a permanent procedure. Only regular visits to the dentist will allow effective monitoring of the condition of their teeth, warning any violation.