The kinds of prosthetics: methods and techniques
Unfortunately, the new teeth grow after the loss, a person only once, in childhood. Lost natural dental units, much worse life. Becomes problematic meal of the day. The acts of biting and chewing are violated. In the result, there is a problem with the digestive tract. The lack of aesthetics, the impossibility of full communication, Express their emotions, leading to psychological problems. The newest methods of dental prosthetics, allow you to regain the lost health and return the joy of life.
In some cases, you need a visit to the dentist – orthopedist
Prosthetic dentistry is used:
- In the absence of all dental units (edentulous);
- After losing one or several teeth;
- During the implementation of treatment or implantation (temporary structures);
- To strengthen the tooth after the restoration of destroyed tissues (crowns);
- With the aim of improving the aesthetic qualities of a smile (veneers);
- To treat tooth mobility units;
- When pathological abrasion of the tissues.
In dental prosthetics types and characteristics of various structures. The doctor will announce their pros and cons, advise on the best option. The patient makes his choice, depending on the considerations, beliefs, availability of material resources.
Before conducting orthopedic manipulations, it is necessary to conduct a complete reorganization of the mouth. To remove the roots of the teeth beyond restoration. It is important to treat pulpitis, periodontitis, gum disease. Prior training is not less important than the process of prosthetics. It depends on the duration of use of the structures.
How not to get lost in the variety
Many people wonder what are dentures and how they are classified?
Modern prosthetics. Classification:
- Removable design. They differ in that if necessary they can be independently removed without professional assistance. Easy to care for them.
Kinds of dentures that may be offered by the doctor: plate, clasp, sectors and segments, immediat prosthesis.
Full dentures can be used if the person does not have any teeth. Models created from different hypoallergenic materials: acrylic, plastics, nylon. Removable partial design may contain metal elements. These include fastening: clasps, curved, hooks.
- Non-removable items are securely fastened in the oral cavity with a special cement. Sometimes they are not inferior in appearance and functionality, the natural molars, canines and incisors. Behind the designs is quite simple to care for.
The types of prosthetic groups: crowns, bridges, veneers, prosthesis on implants. Fixed products are made of different materials: metals, ceramics, plastics. Often, part of one design included two components.
What to do in case of fully edentulous
If the person is in the process of lives lost given by the nature teeth, he should not despair. Thanks to modern medicine he has the opportunity to restore the beauty and functionality of a smile. What types of prosthesis can offer?
Full dentures are created from nylon, plastic. Products consist of artificial teeth and gums, very similar to the real thing. Depending on the choice of the patient, the elements are made of ceramics, or plastic. The top design is fixed with a suction pressure that occurs between it and the gum. The bottom is mounted directly on the gums. Due to the absence of fastening mechanisms, the products have quite low fixation and differ in some inconvenience: change the diction, the presence of discomfort from the presence of a foreign body in the mouth. There are not many people who quickly get used to dentures. Adaptation is often accompanied by pain when eating, the formation of micro and rubs the gums and palate. Some of the prosthetic teeth do not have a very long period of use, have elevated the requirements for the implementation of hygienic care.
In addition to the cons, the removable prosthesis has its undeniable advantages:
- Return patients the lost aesthetic and chewing functions. After carrying out of orthopedic operations, the patient is fully transformed. There are significant improvements;
- Behind the designs is quite simple to care. After removal, you can easily carry out treatment of the oral cavity. Perform daily hygienic measures will help to keep the gums from inflammation and products from premature aging and deterioration.
- Quite a long period of operation, the possibility of repair and adjustment is an undisputable advantage.
- The most common today, are still plastic (plate) dentures. They are made from acrylic and are budget options. Products are made for individual casts. Orthopaedic work is carried out quickly enough. According to dentists in the near future, this option will leave in the past. But today, he still has every right to exist.
- Dentures on implants are called «coating». Release: prosthesis with a locking bracket on the beams, products-mount push-button, in-ear design for implants.
- Nylon products consist of a special dental nylon. They have stunning aesthetic features, in appearance very similar to a real human jaw. In the process, the orthopedic surgeon picks up the color of the mucosa of the patient. With the help of individual casts of techniques creates a unique product. Feature of nylon dentures is to high cleanliness, lightness and flexibility. They should be set in that case, if the person is allergic to plastic. Despite the advantages, patients are faced with negative qualities: fragility, the need for special maintenance, the lack of good fixing in the oral cavity, the uneven distribution of load during chewing, rapid atrophy of the jaw bone. After installation, the first time, people come to the dentist complaining of pain, which occurs during the consumption of solid food.
If people will take a special procedure, even for fully edentulous patients, it has a chance to set the partially-removable design.
What to do if missing a few teeth
Today, there are different technologies and types of prosthetics. Partially removable structures are used, if the patient in the mouth has natural teeth. They are a natural support. Due to their reliable fixation is carried out. When installing dental implants, the types can vary in price, visual qualities, duration of operation, incoming materials.
Clasp dentures — affordable and functional. Attached by a special telescopic crowns, clasps or attachments. The last option is more modern and is of high aesthetics. Lock mount is reliable, it is absolutely not visible during talking, eating.
Klammern fixation is performed by means of special metal hooks for the abutment teeth. Products also have high reliability, but visible mounts significantly worsen the beauty of a smile.
Immediat-prosthesis similar in appearance to a butterfly. They are used if there are one or two teeth are close to each other. If necessary, are used as a temporary prosthesis.
What applies to fixed structures
There are several kinds of dentures which are securely fixed in the mouth. These include: crowns, bridges, implants, veneers, inlays. Crown – a protective cap or hat. It is installed:
- In order to strengthen the walls of the dental unit;
- In the case of increased abrasion of enamel.
- When creating a dental bridge.
- To correct aesthetic abnormalities.
Prosthetic works are carried out after complete rehabilitation of the mouth. If necessary, the doctor pulls the locking pin or tab to the root of the tooth. After that, it restores the wall. With the help of a drill, the technician grinds the tissue in a special way. Crowns can be installed on the implants. To create crowns, veneers, inlays and bridges use their personal casts.
There are the following types of crowns: metal, plastic, ceramic.
Today, the most popular is metal. Crowns made from metal frame. He top is covered with several layers of ceramics. Products are durability, practicality, long service life. On the exterior the design is very similar to a healthy incisors, canines, molars.
- Ceramic crowns – one of the most modern variants. Do not cause allergic reactions, but have a relatively high price.
- Metal crowns with the coating still installed in many dental clinics. They have significant disadvantages, due to the low aesthetic qualities, the possibility of allergic reactions. However, different strength and durability.
- Metal crowns are similar to real natural teeth. However, have low strength. Their lifespan does not exceed 3 years.
- Bridges consist of crowns on the abutment teeth connected by artificial dental elements. They are made of the same components as the crowns on the abutment teeth. Apply in the absence of 1, 2 teeth located near.
After installation of fixed prostheses, carefully perform hygiene care. Use high-quality toothbrushes, paste-established firms, dental floss, mouthwash for the oral cavity. If there is a material possibility, it is advisable to buy the oral irrigator for mouth.
Implants, veneers, inlays
Implantation is a complex procedure, which generally takes from 3 to 8 months. How this is done:
- The first stage of surgical intervention is between 30 to 60 minutes and in most cases is performed under local anesthesia. During the operation, the doctor will install the implant into the bone tissue will hold the plate in position and the incision is sutured mucosa;
- The second stage of osushestvlyaetsya average of 10 -14 days. It consists of removing a plug and installing a titanium abutment. Prior to installation the finished permanent construction, with reliance on implant, orthopedic manufactures and installs a temporary crown;
- The third phase is the actual execution of orthopedic operations. Fabrication and fixing of permanent construction.
Veneers is a thin plate. She is able to close the visible aesthetic flaws. Is usually placed in the smile zone. Design attaches securely to your teeth using a special cement and light bulbs. After installation, does not require a long addiction. Method is used when:
- There are visible abnormalities of the dental unit;
- Large interdental spaces;
- Pigmentation of various etiology: fluorosis, a consequence of root canal treatment, tetracycline teeth, demineralization.
- After suffering the injury.
Tabs used for great destruction of natural fabrics. Are made with individual cast. The procedure is performed after quality treatment.
Tab is installed in the cavity, and firmly fixed using special cement. The top is a protective cap – crown. This action helps to preserve a full-fledged dental unit which can be used as a great support.
The article describes the basic types of prosthetic teeth, used in dentistry. A brief description of each product. If, for whatever reason, lost teeth, do not despair, come on reception to the orthopedist and solve the issue together with a specialist.