The oral hygiene: proper care tips and advice
The oral hygiene has a high performance if you do it correctly. Insufficient attention to this issue over time, there is a lot of problems. These include dental disease, which can lead to lengthy and expensive treatment, and sometimes removal of affected tooth. Gum disease is also not uncommon. The most obvious sign of poor hygiene — bad breath. All these troubles can occur due to simple ignorance of some nuances in the care of the oral cavity.
General tips for caring for the oral cavity
Basic rules of care for the oral cavity do not require special effort, easy to remember and it is not difficult to repeat certain actions every day. Only need to remember to pay proper attention to their health, not to be lazy, and soon a regular proper cleaning of the teeth and your entire mouth will become a healthy habit. Highlight the following recommendations:
- the first rule everyone knows but, unfortunately, not all stick to it — brushing your teeth twice a day, morning and evening. A day in the mouth crowd huge numbers of bacteria and their metabolic products, which must be disposed of before going to sleep;
- the procedure of cleaning teeth should take not less than 3 minutes;
- a toothbrush should be changed not less than once in 3 months;
- toothpaste selected individually, based on the state of your teeth and gums, the presence of diseases of the oral cavity. It is not necessary in this case to save;
- the tongue, gums and cheeks require no less care should not be limited to cleaning teeth;
- the use of additional tools for caring — an essential rule of modern man. You have to use them after each meal. These include dental floss, mouthwash in the oral cavity;
- don’t forget to visit the dentist every six months.
The variety of toothpastes
Hygiene of teeth and oral cavity begins with the selection of toothpaste. Depending on the components used in the composition, it has a particular effect on the teeth and gums. For example, gel paste has a delicate texture that gently cleans the enamel without erasing it, unlike bleaches with abrasive substances.
Distinguish the paste hygienic and medical. The first eliminates bacteria and odor. The second have a more profound impact on the oral cavity. Therapeutic and prophylactic pastes are divided into several types according to its purpose:
- for the treatment and prevention of diseases of the mucosa and periodontal tissues. The composition of such pastes includes extracts of herbs, enzymes, and mineral salts;
- anti-inflammatory fighting inflammation, bleeding gums. They contain antiseptics, which destroy pathogens;
- restore contain calcium, they lead to normal acid-alkaline balance, replenish the integrity of the collagen fibers in the gums;
- paste with a note «from decay» contain fluoride which stop the process of destruction of tooth enamel.
Proper hygiene of the oral cavity depends on the rational choice of pasta. These types are only suitable for adults. For kids one should choose a special children’s means. They have a pleasant taste and safe composition, without causing harm to the body if swallowed.
How to choose a toothbrush
Dental hygiene is impossible without a toothbrush. As of the variety of these individual hygiene items to choose the best option? You need to consider all the characteristics of a brush:
- material. Natural bristles are softer than synthetic. Besides, it becomes a breeding ground for bacteria, the natural fibers serve as an ideal living environment. Therefore it is better to choose a toothbrush with artificial bristles;
- stiffness. If there are no other indications of the dentist, use a brush of medium hardness, it is suitable for adults and teenagers. Soft bristles designed for children, very soft — for preschoolers. Only on the advice of a specialist you can use brush high rigidity. This parameter is always specified by the manufacturer;
- size. An important criterion in the selection. Brush large size is not convenient to use, the working part must not exceed 3 cm.
Besides the usual brushes manufacturers offer electric and also ultrasonic. They help to easily perform high-quality hygiene care. Diseases of the teeth or gum use electric brush may be contraindicated, ask advice on oral hygiene from your dentist. Ultrasound, by contrast, can be used in any abnormalities, they do not harm hard tissues and mucosa surface.
How to brush your teeth
Hygienic tooth brushing is a daily ritual that performs every. Do you know how you should perform all the familiar manipulations? Tips for oral hygiene with a toothpaste and brush:
- the first thing you need to moisten the brush under running water. It will set her free from germs and dust that has accumulated since the previous cleaning. Besides, it will make the procedure more comfortable;
- apply to the bristles of the toothpaste. The number should not exceed a pea with a diameter of 1 cm (for children — 2 times less);
- go directly to cleaning. Smooth movements from the gum to the top of the teeth clean the inner surface then external. The main principle of the procedure is to brush in one direction only, from the root of the tooth up, so scraping the goo. The upper part of the teeth can be cleaned by reciprocating movements. At the end of the procedure in a circular motion holding on the outer part of the teeth, having closed while the jaw;
- carefully opolaskivaniem water to the oral cavity.
Individual hygiene of the oral cavity includes not only the care of teeth. Care is needed with language, which accumulates on the remnants of food and bacterial plaque. Saliva germs get into the teeth and gums, leading to disease and also cause unpleasant mouth odor. Regular cleansing of the tongue helps to avoid such problems without spending a lot of time. Rules of purification of the language:
- the procedure is carried out after brushing;
- for cleaning use a special scraper or the back surface of the toothbrush if it is provided for that (have prominent relief pattern);
- movement is carried out from the root to the tip;
- then a few cleansing movements across language;
- opolaskivaniem water;
- for best results, you can use the special gel or toothpaste. Applied to the surface, scrape it, rinse with water.
Mouthwash, like toothpaste, have differences in their purpose. Some action aimed at the treatment of tooth decay, others help with gum disease, and others provide fresh breath. The rules of hygiene of oral cavity does not require the use of mouthwash. They are applied on the personal initiative of each as an additional tool to care or dentist for advice in the complex therapy.
The mouthwash is used after brushing the teeth (after each meal). When you select should pay attention to the composition. For daily use suitable remedies based on plant extracts.
Rinses for caries prevention contain fluoride and calcium. Mouth rinse such means should be not less than 3 minutes to components began to interact with the enamel. Anti-inflammatory mouthwashes usually contain chlorhexidine. If among the ingredients, alcohol is present, it is not recommended its use to the children and transport drivers.
The methods of personal oral hygiene includes flossing your teeth, or floss. The only way to self-clean interdental space, freeing it from plaque, bacteria and food debris. Due to the inaccessibility of this part of the tooth often produces decay. To clean the floss, you need to rewind, then tear off the coil about 30 cm of thread, wound on the index fingers of both hands, leaving about 15 cm free thread. Then paste it between the teeth. Alternately sipping the thread back and forth. The most noticeable result of the use of threads is to eliminate the unpleasant smell. You should be careful, when the first applications may damage the gums and bleeding due to lack of skill. Purification is carried out once a day, preferably before bedtime. Dental floss is contraindicated in diseases of the gums and is not used for crowns and bridges.
Oral hygiene should be carried out not only at home but in the clinic, professional methods. They include several stages:
- the ultrasonic cleaning. This method effectively removes plaque, Tartar. Runs modern ultrasound machine, which through wave vibrations gentle to the tooth surface. Enamel not damaged. The procedure is safe and painless, in addition, has a high performance;
- method AirFlow. A special apparatus under pressure throws the soda, the air and water, cleaning the surface of teeth from plaque and Tartar. As a result, the enamel becomes two shades lighter and gloss;
- polishing of the teeth, some of them may contain microspheres of zirconium;
- Fluoridation. On the dried surface of the teeth fit mouthguard with the gel exposure time of one minute. Tooth enamel has time to get enough fluoride;
- expert advice is not less important step to a healthier mouth. The dentist will select the required list of resources necessary to maintain health and cleanliness.
Accustom to the purity of childhood
Children should early be taught to monitor themselves, to keep your body clean, especially the hygiene of the oral cavity. In the first months of life, when the teeth yet, you need to care for your gums. There are special napkins. Wipe their gums after each feeding of the baby. For prorezalsya teeth there are silicone fingertips, resembling a toothbrush. Probably the first attempts will end in tears, but soon the baby will get used to the procedure, and continue to teach him the brush and the paste will not be difficult. At the age of 1-2 years can give your child to try brushing the teeth yourself. Buy him a children’s toothbrush and toothpaste.
Of course, qualitatively to carry out cleaning of the baby will not work. Therefore, parents should help him as long as he will not be able to do it yourself. Immediately encourage your child to brushing your teeth twice a day. To cause the baby’s interest in the procedure, use rhymes, nursery rhymes or songs. You can turn the whole process into a game. The main thing that the child was not boring, but personal hygiene does not become a routine. When choosing a toothpaste need to be careful — it should not be composed of fluoride.
What problems can be avoided with proper care
Teeth and gum disease provoking bacteria that live and breed in plaque and remnants of food. A clean surface is an unfavorable environment for their livelihoods. This is the importance of good oral hygiene to prevent the development of diseases. Failure to comply with the rules of hygiene the very first make themselves known plaque and tooth decay. The lack of treatment leads to disease of the gums — periodontitis, gingivitis. The constant accumulation of bacteria in the mouth with poor hygiene contributes to stomach issues. An important factor in the issue of cleanliness oral — aesthetic. Unpleasant smell is the main sign that the mouth has accumulated a huge amount of bacteria.