The pin in the tooth, what it is: does it hurt when and why to insert a pin
When the patient is long time neglect a visit to the dental office, and runs some of the molars, the only solution to restore them becomes a pin in the tooth, what is it describe in detail next. Plus, this method of restoration of the crown in that it allows to obtain a good aesthetic result at a fairly low cost in comparison with implantation or installing expensive crown.
What is the pin
Dentistry today has a considerable Arsenal of tools which helps to give patients not only a chewing function but also the beauty of a smile. For example, what are dental posts? This design is in the form of a special rod with fixation in the root canal.
Is the procedure for installing it how to gain root and then saving the tooth and restoration. Also, the prosthetist can perform shtyftuvannyam in the area of pulpless tooth, then to put the crown.
The materials used
The male pin can be made of different materials, so the question arises — which one is better. It depends entirely on the specific needs of the patient and for those indications that have been identified by a specialist.
Metal structures are made of palladium, brass, titanium, stainless steel, gold alloys with some impurities. Instead of metal also successfully using ceramics, carbon fiber, fiberglass.
The types of pins
Dental pins differ not only in composition but also in form, method of fixing. Consider the more popular options that differ in material from which they are made:
- Fiberglass. The advantages of these models is that they absolutely do not show through the crown, elastic and is completely hypoallergenic as it does not react with the saliva or dentures;
- Uglevodorodnye. The most durable and modern models essential for medicinal purposes due to uniform distribution of load inside the root canal;
- Metal. Used when there is significant destruction of the crown, the most durable titanium alloy.
Small lesions can be applied to the standard model. It is, as a rule, the rods of cylindrical or conical shape, which are adjusted to the root by using special tools. Individual pins are more reliable, are made on the basis of the topography of the root, which uses x-rays.
The shape and method of fixation
Any dental pin is also distinguished by the shape of the root canal of the tooth, there are helical, cylinder-conical, conical and cylindrical varieties. Additionally, it may be classified according to the method of implantation in the gums:
|Passive.||Method is used in the treatment of dental diseases, is secured to the duct by means of special substances.|
|Active.||Fixing this pin is the dentin, due to the thread structure is screwed into the bone tissue. On the one hand, is good at the badly damaged teeth, on the other hand, because of the strong stresses can occur in a split tooth.|
As a specialist makes the choice
Competent prosthetists before you insert the pin in the tooth, carry out a full assessment of the clinical picture of the patient. Taken into account the following factors:
- The lack of an allergic reaction to the material;
- The condition of the root;
- The availability of the necessary installation depth;
- Indications for use of specific material;
- The thickness of the walls of the restored tooth;
- Adjacent crowns, bridges;
- The load distribution in the process of chewing.
The ease of use that is non-metallic rods recently made them more popular. This is especially true from an aesthetic point of view, if you don’t want to stick the crown and used method of increasing. Besides, the root canal is filled with the most tightly and securely.
Indications for installation
First of all, what is the pin in the tooth? It is a tool for restoration of damaged units. Although only this list of assignments is not limited to:
- The installation of the prostheses. This method is quite popular and is used when there is no opportunity to strengthen the bridge design. Advantages of this method is the strength and the durability;
- Reinforcement molars with fully remote pulp;
- Therapy of periodontal disease;
- Replantation of the tooth after injury.
The post placement in a tooth is only possible if the thickness of the root is at least 2 mm, and the channel rasplanirovke two-thirds and it is given a cylindrical form.
Insert the tooth on the pin — even more easy to handle compared to a setting such as implants, but it has its limitations:
- Periodontal disease and gingivitis;
- Insufficient thickness of the root;
- A cyst of the jaw;
- Diseases of the Central nervous system and cardiovascular system;
- Poor blood clotting.
The advantages and disadvantages of the method
First, many who have not yet encountered with the procedure, care does it hurt to insert the pin. Can say for sure that it does not cause absolutely no pain and is performed under local anesthesia. Besides the pre-extracted pulp, vessels and nerves are intertwined, and this is another guarantee of painlessness.
Second, compared to fixing the crown pin tooth looks more natural and costs the patient less. You save the root and tooth function, wherein this seal has a shelf life of about 10 years.
There are drawbacks, including:
- The possibility of individual intolerance to the materials used. Unfortunately, then the prepared molar has to be removed;
- Lose the metal pin corrosion;
- Carious complications due to a loose fit of the rod in the channel;
- Thinning of the walls of the restored tooth due to attrition of enamel;
- The possibility of a split tooth;
- If necessary, remove the stud sometimes you have to remove the root.
How is the procedure
The order of how I put the pin in the tooth, standard and includes a large number of preparatory moments. This procedure is quite lengthy, since you must first install the pin and then perform the restoration work.
Consider all stages in order:
- Before beginning any manipulations exclude any pathology, conducted a course of therapy, e.g. treatment of caries;
- Specialist selects the type of construction materials on the basis of the thickness of the surfaces and the General condition of the molar at the moment;
- Is performed by a professional cleaning for teeth that have persistent plaque is very important;
- Before the procedure do not eat at least a couple of hours but in the morning it’s good to be Breakfast, so that tension does not become an additional factor of discomfort due to surgery.
How to install the pin
Once you’re in the office specialist and you have a difficult and lengthy procedure, is first performed anesthesia. So the working surface is checked for sensitivity and you will be able to understand whether painful this process takes place.
Next, the patient will have the following manipulation:
- Scrubbing and channel expansion if necessary, machining the working surface antiseptic;
- The use of cementitious mixtures if you use the passive pin;
- The introduction of the rod into the channel — dip or the installation of swirl motion;
- For drying the mixture is a special lamp;
- Installation of the prosthesis on a temporary surface, to avoid rejection. Under favorable result, the crown or denture is attached on a permanent basis.
After the procedure after some time the patient comes for a routine inspection that the technician could verify that implanted the pin was a good fit. If necessary, the prosthesis is sent for revision.
Recommendations for care
After you leave the dental office, will begin the period of adjustment set pin must not cause you significant discomfort. But it is very important to take care of the design and to follow all recommendations, among which are the following:
- Eliminate for the first time from the diet of all solid foods, so they are not traumatized dental pins. It should be as soft food, such a diet is a prerequisite for normal healing of tissues. Eliminated the use of products such as nuts;
- Do not pass additional examinations assigned to a technician;
- In the first days after the installation of the pin to clean teeth impossible. But then be sure to use a good mouthwash and dental floss, to prevent inflammation;
- Toothpicks are also contraindicated to use;
- If the dentist has prescribed the administration of any medication, strictly follow the scheme and dosage.
Pain may persist for a few days and that’s fine, but if they are disturbing you, be sure to tell your doctor about it.
If the operation failed
Not always install a pin in the teeth runs smoothly, you may experience such unpleasant effects, such as fever, weakness, fever, inflammation and pus. This indicates poor quality of the work done, the product needs to be removed urgently. Ideally, the pain and swelling subside after use of painkillers and the imposition of a cold compress.
Further the patient has two options — replace the design on the same or full dentures. Perhaps, on the specific material had an allergic reaction, then use a different, hypoallergenic.
So make sure that before you a real professional, and it should be the practitioner not only as an orthodontist, but the physician. Then you with almost 100% probability will get the desired result.
The rejection is not as common, but due to the negligence of a physician is, the probability of occurrence of periodontitis, that is inflammation of the tissues adjacent to the root.
What analogues exist
Professional can suggest one depending on why exactly you turned to him, other options to restore the tooth. Pay attention to the following analogues:
- Cultivee tabs (cast). By construction, this all-in-ones with a pin made from a single material. Previously, they were used in the reconstruction koronkowa-root plots, today’s standard models are in much greater demand compared to them;
- Individual pins. These beneficial cultivee tabs are securely fastened on the teeth even with severely damaged root portion;
- Pin collapsible design (individual). If you need to restore severely damaged molars chewing, this is the perfect solution, but these teeth have the highest load;
- The Luminex Technology. Use standard pins — titanium or svetodiodnye, while thanks to a special method it is possible to achieve advantages of using standard designs and kultovyh cast tabs.
- The creation of the stump without the use of a pin.
Depending on the complexity of the restoration of the old appearance and return to the main functions of the tooth specialist, chooses a particular design. And judging by the reviews, which is on the Internet, in many cases, this is a great way to regain a reasonable price. And this, for example, to an anchor post of about 2 thousand rubles, and fiberglass are more expensive — about 3 thousand roubles.
Of course, these numbers vary depending on region and status of the clinic, but still quite affordable option compared to implants
In addition to the relatively low cost to set pins there are additional benefits. This method is most gentle towards the enamel of the opposite teeth. This method of recovery gives you the opportunity to quickly regain the function of damaged molars, but if not as soon as possible to deal with the problem, you can begin to unravel and the next.
There is a small list of contraindications listed above, for example, diseases of the blood or nervous system. And to not have to redo everything again, make sure you refer only to an experienced specialist, then most likely you will only get the desired result.