The rejection of the implant tooth, the symptoms and signs
Modern technologies and materials allow for operation at a high level. Rarely there may be rejection of the implant tooth, the symptoms of this are manifested above all in the bleeding and strong pain.
The reasons for the rejection of the implant tooth
Rejection of implants of the teeth can occur both immediately after surgery and after some time from 2-3 months to several years. In most cases, these transactions are without complications, and implant great root.
Among the causes of rejection of a dental implant include:
- the use of tools of poor quality;
- the use of materials of poor quality.
- the sterility of instruments, implant materials, a workplace;
- technological violations in the unit;
- insufficient or inaccurate information about a patient’s health — the presence of systemic diseases, allergic reactions;
- failure to comply with the recommendations of the doctor after implantation.
All these factors lead to the fact that the implant may not heal, and will be rejected. But even the absence of all the above reasons, can not guarantee 100% result.
The risk of rejection due to the individual characteristics of the organism. The human immune system may reject the foreign body, and dental implant doesn’t take.
Rejection is possible at any time after the operation:
- short term — immediately after the implant;
- medium term — lasts from the beginning of prosthetics to several years;
- long term — years after implantation of a foreign object.
Rejection of the tooth implant in the short period is due to medical errors and failure to observe rules of personal hygiene.
What affects the engraftment of the implant
Implants are artificial tooth root which is screwed into the bone part of the jaw like a screw. They are made from titanium. The body recognizes it as native and not rejects. Bone actively penetrates into all the surface irregularities of the coating and holds it like cement.
Implants do not survive if they are installed incorrectly initially. There are cheap pins — subperiosteal or subperiosteal, which are flat openwork design. They get used not in the bone and under the gum.
In the pursuit of speed and Finance often do not take into account the interests of patients. The percentage survival rate of such implants is much lower than that of the screw. Their rejection may occur in a few years as a result of atrophy of bone tissue.
Atrophy can be avoided by replanting or by a method of basal implantation. It uses implants special design. But the rejection of basal pins may occur at any stage of healing.
Implant is the most predictable method of treatment not only in dentistry, but also General medicine. Using high-quality material and tools, the level of success of the operation is 98-99 %. There are cases when the implant has taken root, but exclusion has not occurred. The problem is solved by reinstallation.
The rejection of a dental implant in the medium term
Rejection of the structural element, is inserted into the bone tissue, may occur several years after implantation. This can be caused by various reasons. Primarily this is due to the design of the implant. Irregularities in the installation, leading to the discrepancy of the elements due to the shortcomings of bone tissue and cause rejection of the prosthesis.
High structural loads and inadequate care cause its mobility. This is accompanied by pain, bleeding gums, disorders of the masticatory reflex. Patients themselves often neglect doctor’s recommendations. False teeth need the same care as real. The fact that they do not rot, does not mean that there can be no rejection of the implanted material.
To exacerbate the discomfort associated with the replacement teeth can bad habits: tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse. These negative factors disturb the nutrition of the cells of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. There is thinning of the tissues around the prosthesis and their death. Smokers, alcoholics and drug addicts dental implants are rejected more often. Symptoms for 5-7 years after prosthetic treatment.
To prevent rejection of the implants during this period, you should always follow your doctor’s instructions:
- to prevent high loads on the prosthesis until it is completely accustomed;
- you should avoid overheating and overcooling of the body: do not visit the baths, saunas, pools, especially in the first months after prosthesis;
- to refrain from Smoking and alcohol;
- carefully monitor the hygiene of the oral cavity;
- take prescribed medications as directed;
- to strengthen the body’s defenses;
- conduct routine preventive examinations.
Adhering to the above recommendations, the risk of complications, namely the rejection of a dental implant, it is possible to minimize or completely avoid this.
If the rejection of the implants did not happen in the first 2-3 years, it is possible to speak about high effectiveness of the operation and appropriate treatment. But problems can arise several years after the prosthetics. Found it is rare. The reasons for the rejection of the tooth in the late period can be:
- trauma — mechanical, thermal, chemical or electrical;
- the development or exacerbation of systemic diseases — diabetes, tuberculosis, cardiovascular (heart attack, stroke), immune (HIV, AIDS), cancer.
This greatly affects the dentures, causing a decrease in their survival rate and hair loss. Discomfort and severe pain in the place of rejection of implants eliminated by medical intervention.
The symptoms of rejection of a dental implant in the short term
Like any surgery, implantation is a traumatic operation. In some cases the healing may take time and be accompanied by bleeding from the wound, swelling of gums, painful teeth. All these symptoms disappear on their own, if you follow the rules of oral hygiene and the advice of a doctor.
But there are complications that require medical attention. The rejection of the dental implants in the period after their installation is accompanied by strong sharp pain that persist for weeks. Symptoms that a tooth does not catch on, are:
- redness and swelling of the gums;
- profuse and prolonged bleeding from wounds;
- the purulent infiltration;
- the mobility of the implanted product.
All this is accompanied by high temperature, fever, chills and an unpleasant mouth odor. Few symptoms should alert the patient. In order to prevent more severe consequences, you should immediately seek medical help.
The symptoms of rejection
What if after implantation, there was a sharp unbearable pain, bleeding, swelling and movement of structural material? First, you need to consult your doctor. He will inspect the installed prosthesis, if necessary, will produce x-ray examination.
If there are indications for intervention, the dentist will open the gum, and wash and cleanse the wound of pus. In the short term, the problem is easily solved by cleaning the outer parts of the implant. Inflammation around the prosthesis, leading to progressive loss of tooth bone, requires a different medical intervention.
To avoid infection that can spread throughout the body and threaten the patient’s life, you need a speedy removal of foreign material. Faster than removes, the less problems will arise during the reinstallation of the prosthesis. If necessary, can be made replanting of bone tissue. For the suppression of the inflammatory process is the appropriate treatment with medicines.
After the suppression of infection and repair damaged tissue is re-implanted. This happens not earlier than 2 months from the date of the first dental intervention.
Cases of rejection of a dental implant are extremely rare. If observed all the rules, taking into account all the individual characteristics of the patient, the implantation of a titanium pin passes without complications, signs of rejection of a dental implant are observed.
How to avoid rejection of the dental implants
Statistics show that in most cases the inserted teeth are well acclimatized and do not cause problems related to their rejection. Natural pain, bleeding, swelling, discomfort — symptoms that pass after a certain time after prosthetics with proper care. This is true for any surgical intervention.
Often patients wonder why dental implants do not survive. Knowing that there are a number of contraindications to the prosthesis, still decided. Symptoms of dental implant rejection pronounced, especially in the short period, and to help in this case, can only physician.
To minimize the risk of complications, adhere to the following guidelines:
- A responsible approach to the prosthetics, based on the characteristics of your body and health.
- In the presence of contraindications associated with systemic diseases or allergies to titanium, should abandon implantation.
- Choose the appropriate clinic: should know in advance the nature of activities, availability of licenses and certificates, testimonials of patients. Preference should be given to large centers. These dental clinics are investing financial resources in hardware and staff development.
- To choose a professional implantologist preferably with experience and positive feedback. His skill will depend on the correct positioning of the implant and further implantation in the tissue.
- Use for prosthetics only high quality, proven implants.
- To take full responsibility for the outcome of treatment: strictly observe all instructions from your doctor before the surgery and after the conference.
- Not to forget about personal hygiene, not only the mouth but the whole body. Conduct regular preventive examinations.
Prevention plays a big role in strengthening of the denture and contributes to its rapid and efficient engraftment. A large part of responsibility lies after the implantation on the patient. Special attention is paid to strengthening of the gums. This contributes massage, improving blood circulation.
In case of allergic reactions to titanium should reinstall the implant. Possible replacement for the product of another material. Strengthening of immunity, healthy lifestyle, proper nutrition, fortification of the body — all this leads to strengthening of the gums and reduces the risk of rejection of the dental implants.
The most important measure of prevention is the careful daily care of teeth and oral cavity.
Adhering to all guidelines, you can avoid complications and painful symptoms of rejection of the dental implants. High-quality artificial teeth guaranteed to last for decades.