The removal of a cyst: as removed, does it hurt to remove
Removal of cysts of the tooth is applied in cases when conservative therapeutic methods do not give good results. Surgery is performed urgently or routinely, depending on the individual case. It helps to keep the dental unit and get rid of the source of infection.
The clinical picture
Pathology forms for quite a long time. The appearance and development it does not bother the owner, not accompanied by symptoms. In most cases, the clinical picture is manifested in situations when:
- Education at the root of the tooth are large (more than 5-8 mm);
- The inflammation passes to the periosteum and forms a subperiosteal abscess (gumboil). He is accompanied by the appearance of small bumps in the mouth at the base of the roots. Later, without concomitant treatment of the tumor increases, there is a strong swelling. Visually, the face becomes asymmetrical, significantly increases the part which is inflammation. If the abscess is ignored, it may be complicated by sepsis, cellulitis;
- The infection enters the bloodstream and is manifested by fever, swollen lymph nodes, symptoms of General malaise;
- Expressed severe pain when providing a mechanical impact on the dental unit. At later stages, pain is a constant companion of the victim. It is poorly relieved after taking analgesics;
- Occurs fistula. It is a compensatory mechanism of the body. In simple words it can be called a tunnel, which connects inflammatory lesion with the outer mucous membrane of the oral cavity. It has the form of small holes, which is located on the gum at the root of the affected units.
At the appearance of the fistula from the cavity enters the pathological contents. Rinsing with antiseptic solutions to rug of the mouth, greatly improve the human condition, the pain recedes, swelling decreases.
Despite the apparent prosperity, a fistula is a pathological education. If untreated, the underlying problem, the compensatory mechanism begins to operate in the opposite direction. Of inflammatory cavity goes not only infection, but also through the «tunnel» go back pathological microorganisms from the oral cavity, there is a cycle, the recovery does not occur.
If the localization of the pathological formation is located at the maxillary sinus, the patient can pursue constant headaches and bad smell in the nose, which appear for no apparent reason.
At small sizes of entities in most cases have no symptoms. In some cases, people can notice the presence of discomfort when biting. They can be increased after the transfer of viral infections, in General hypothermia.
A cyst is a localized inflammatory process, which is formed at the root. It has clear edges, which outlines the solid fibrous capsule. To define pathology in the absence of symptoms is very difficult. The only 100% reliable method is x — ray diagnosis. In the picture process is clearly visible and looks like a small darkened spot or pouch.
A granuloma similar pathological education. Unlike a cyst on the root of the tooth, the inflammation has no clear boundaries and the fibrous capsule. X — ray picture it is sometimes poorly visible. In most cases, the pathology looks like a partial rarefaction of bone structure and the different jagged edges. Granulomas well are amenable to drug therapy.
Depending on the diagnosis and individual picture of the patient, the dentist chooses the best treatment of the arisen diseases.
The causes of the disease
Inflammation at the roots, is caused by action of pathogenic microorganisms. In most cases, these are anaerobic bacteria. They are able to live and reproduce, provided the vacuum of space. Pathological neoplasms can hit any unit: canine, molar, incisor.
Cysts are formed due to different reasons:
- Injury to tissues;
- Launched by the carious process;
- Complicated pulpitis, periodontitis. These disease is the most common culprits in the formation of inflammation. Pathological microorganisms after immobilization of the pulp penetrate into the root canal at its apex forms a focus of infection. In a confined space, there is a rapid growth and development of pathogenic organisms. Thanks to the protective process, the body creates bone tissue tight bag, which holds the infection and allows it to penetrate into the adjacent organs and tissues;
- Periodontitis and periodontal disease are indirect causes. In the process of these pathologies are observed degenerative changes in the bone tissue. The inflammatory process in periodontal disease could be the culprit for the development of tumors;
- Pathological eruption of eights;
- The weakening of the immune system;
- The presence of systemic diseases. In some cases, the tumor occurs under the influence of hematogenous route of infection. The infection penetrates into the cavity from adjacent organs and tissues. Direct contributing diseases considered to be: sinusitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis.
- Sometimes a cyst on the gums can be detected after the tooth extraction, which was accompanied by the violation of sterility. To eliminate the risk of wound infection can be through the appointment of antibacterial drugs.
In order to save people from the disease, you must seek the assistance of the dentist. Treatment is painless, but it is very long.
If the situation has gone too far, the size of the inflammatory focus are very large, they are located at several roots, the canals are completely destroyed, the only correct method is the removal of dental units. After complete healing of the gums, recommended to conduct prosthesis.
Surgical methods are used, not all dental clinics. However, used modern techniques help the patient to obtain good results in a short time.
This type of therapy is applied in the presence of the small size of the inflammatory education. In most cases, treatment with medications is used in the presence of a granuloma.
There are the following stages of dental procedures:
- Under the action of the local anesthetic, the doctor removes the seal and pathologically affected tissues;
- With the help of special instruments to thoroughly clean the root canal of dead pulp. When it comes to previously treated periodontitis, the doctor needs to remove the previously introduced filling material. If necessary, resort to extension channels and excision of the affected tissue;
- Conduct rigorous antiseptic treatment;
- The cavity is left open for 7 — 10 days. During this time, the person carries out daily treatment rinse with special solutions. The patient is assigned to parallel treatment with antibacterial agents. It is necessary to carefully protect the tooth from injury, beware of hypothermia and infectious diseases;
- In the cavity make a special medicinal substance which helps to relieve inflammation and prevents the growth of bacteria. In most cases, copper-calcium slurry;
- Filling temporary material.
In the next few weeks you need monitoring. If negative symptoms are not observed, the channels are sealed permanent material installed seal, is the final picture.
After treatment the patient is required every 6 months to appear for examination, in order to carry out preventive monitoring.
Many patients think about the question, does it hurt to remove a tooth cyst?
To surgical methods of recourse, if:
- Conservative methods are not effective;
- The root canals are well treated throughout their length;
- The tooth includes a pin mounted on the crown;
- The tumor is large, more than 8 mm. Its presence is confirmed by the presence of the classical and severe symptoms.
How to remove cyst tooth? To date, there are four methods of cure: cystotomy, cystectomy, tooth, resection.
- Cystotomy is to remove only part of the wall of the pathological education. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia. The dentist using a tool makes an incision in the mucosa. Then incising the wall of the medical education, its content is removed, the cavity is treated with antiseptic solutions. After the procedure, the mucoperiosteal flap is pressed against the wound, hold plugging iodoform.
The process of operation is about 40 -50 minutes. For a long healing after the procedure, the patient should exercise strict hygiene of the oral cavity treated with antiseptic solutions. After 3 weeks the wound begins to heal and epitelizirutmi. Full process completion is about 2 years.
Cystotomy is a good method of treatment, if the formation has very large dimensions, the process involved multiple units, began the destruction of the jawbone.
- Cystectomy with resection of the root apex allows for complete removal of pathological education, along with part of the tissues of the affected teeth. This method is more traumatic than the previous one. However, the risk has its advantages: after surgery, minimizing the percentage of relapses.
For the procedure using General or local anesthesia. The surgeon determines the best location to cut the gums in order to remove the lesion completely. At the end of action is the cleaning of root canals, their processing with antiseptic solutions, filling. Disinfection of the wound surface is applied in order to reduce the possibility of complications. After removing the cyst from the gum in the cavity introduced special restaurerede funds. They can be blood plasma, synthetic inert materials. The final stage is the return of Muco — supraspinous flap to its place, and suturing tissues.
After removal of dental cysts the wound is delayed on day 10, the restoration of bone tissue is quite a long time.
- When you have a tooth cyst removal can be carried out by the method of hemisection. The method consists in the complete extraction of the affected root together with pathological education. In this procedure, the unit remains in its proper place, can function. At the completion of treatment, in the unit set pin, cover it with a protective crown.
The procedure recommended under the influence of General or local anesthesia. The dentist can perform the surgery in two ways. At first it needs to cut the crown part of the tooth unit to the place of branching roots, removing the damaged root with a cyst. The second method involves cutting the affected root, through a pre-done hollow. For this you need to cut out Muco — periosteal flap. After the manipulation, the dentist makes a complete antiseptic treatment, which confirms the absence of pathological concentrations, enters the cavity with bone substitute, returns the flap, performs the suturing of the wound edges. The recovery period is within 5 — 7 days.
After the treatment there is a possibility of recurrence of the disease. Saved the tooth is not reliable, in the absence of the integrity and functioning, unfortunately not a very long time.
- Resection of the root apex helps to keep the dental unit and get rid of the tumor. The procedure description is very similar to the stages of cystectomy.
Surgery to remove the cyst is performed in the absence of contraindications, after the preliminary examination and medical history.
Complications after surgery
The removal of a tooth with a cyst on the root account for the presence of a fairly traumatic methods. After they can cause the following complications:
- Infection of the tissues.
- Injury to the nerve fibers.
In order to reduce the risk of development of infectious processes, prescribed the use of antibacterial and antiseptic drugs. Pain significantly reduced after the use of painkillers.
To reduce the possibility of complications is possible by constant monitoring by a specialist, the implementation of all its recommendations.