The sanitation of the oral cavity: what is it, indications, stages of
Very often, people are faced with the fact that they prescribe the oral cavity sanation. What it is, what are the indications and phases of its implementation? Describe in more detail below. It is always better to know what you have to go to the dentist or any other doctor.
Such a procedure can assign, and the child and adult in different periods of life. Depending on how we monitor the hygiene of the mouth, keep the cleanliness and health of teeth, are a very different manipulations.
What is the procedure?
The word «sanatio» translates from Latin as «rehabilitation and treatment». So sanitation means a complex of procedures aimed at ensuring the health of the oral cavity. This includes:
- treatment of caries and other dental diseases;
- the elimination of the inflammatory processes;
- the renewal of the structure of hard tissues, filling;
- malocclusion and crooked teeth position;
- consulting when necessary;
- removal of plaque, Tartar, professional cleaning;
- extraction of those units which cannot be cured;
- preventing future diseases and infection of the tissues.
Of course, everything will depend on the condition of the teeth and periodontium in the mouth of a particular patient.
It hurts whether to carry out reorganization? If you only clean the plaque and foryouth enamel, then no. In severe cases of treatment is quite acceptable pain, but they will bring relief after the procedure.
In order to maintain the hard tissue in a healthy state, it is advisable to visit the dentist every six months and to carry out reorganization, that is, the examination of the oral cavity and prompt treatment of incipient problems. Do conscious people who are watching their health.
In other cases, may be required to undergo rehabilitation in a mandatory manner:
- when planning a pregnancy, statement on the account in female consultations;
- before birth;
- when enrolling a child in a child care institution – kindergarten, school;
- before installing the braces;
- before surgery;
- during long hospitalizations;
- before you travel abroad.
- official employment;
- work in hazardous industries;
- in General, a regular annual medical examination of employees;
- with the installation of the prosthesis or implant, etc.
It is worth noting that contraindications to the reorganization does not happen. Even, on the contrary, some chronic diseases require more frequent its use.
For example, allergies, asthma, gingivitis, tonsillitis, diabetes, various cardiovascular problems, doctors recommend to undergo the process of rehabilitation of up to four times per year. So in such cases, the teeth are more susceptible to infection and destruction due to lowered immunity.
To obtain the opinion of a dentist to conduct such manipulations, you should visit any dental clinic and undergo a series of procedures. Depending on the condition of your teeth and soft tissues a number of actions will be different, but, in General, the sanitation of the oral cavity is the following:
- Dental examination, formulation of diagnostic assumptions, and the purpose of some additional procedures.
- X-ray of the jaw, covering not only the problem areas, but of the whole functional apparatus.
- Do a professional cleaning to eliminate plaque and Tartar.
- Diseases of the hard or soft tissues, the dentist makes a treatment plan. Sometimes it connects and other specialists – surgeons, orthodontists, periodontists, etc.
- Directly on the way to recovery will strictly depend on what is discovered and what issues must be addressed.
- To strengthen enamel and saturation additional minerals, the doctor may cover the solid fabric, special gel Polish that contain high amounts of fluoride and calcium.
- If some of the disease passing into the chronic form, and require periodic monitoring or therapeutic intervention, the patient is put on the account in clinic of medical checkups.
- Given the doctor’s conclusion, written by the General model, which can be carried out all manipulation.
- Sometimes the dentist is and the additional schedule of visits and observations in the clinic for long-term treatment.
With all the variations, brushing your teeth with professional tools is universal and mandatory. But the treatment can be very different depending on the specific problems of the patient – extractions, fillings, implants, prosthesis, alignment of the bite, treatment of inflamed gums and periodontal disease, etc.
The sanitation of the oral cavity during pregnancy
To consult with the dentist and the necessary treatment of the teeth or gums, preferably before the start of pregnancy. In any case, the statement on the account in female consultation the doctor will necessarily require the certificate of reorganization. Where to get one? In any dentist’s office – in a public institution or a private clinic.
Features of a condition of a pregnant are the processes occurring at this time in her body. This hormonal changes, and active fetal growth and a variety of related problems. Particularly acute shortage of such minerals as phosphorus and calcium, and some vitamins, which leads to the popular dental problems among pregnant women:
- swollen gums;
- pain during a meal;
- the appearance of white spots on the enamel;
- increased sensitivity to hot and cold foods;
- the rapid development of caries.
To prevent this, it is time to contact your dentist at the first unpleasant sensation and visit it additionally at the beginning and at the end of the period of gestation. After a General cleaning of surfaces, and machining mineral gels can be guaranteed healthy teeth and gums during this difficult period.
To ignore such problems are undesirable since they will degrade not only the health of the expectant mother, but can have a significant impact on the overall development of the fetus and health of the child immediately after birth. Because the infection that is spreading rapidly in the oral cavity, easily gets inside the female body, and there is a negative impact on the fetus.
It is believed that all dental procedures should be performed in the second trimester. But in each case the doctor will decide whether to wait or you can do the treatment immediately. It is worth noting that today most of the manipulation is safe for pregnant and such manipulations will not be reflected in some negative way on the child.
Even need an x-ray can now be carried out in such a delicate position. Some rooms are equipped with intraoral radiology. It is affected locally in the volume of several centimeters without harming the organism as a whole. Also modern medications and local anesthesia do not penetrate through the placenta and is completely safe for the fetus.
As soon as the baby appear first milk teeth, you should periodically take him to a dentist. It is very important to keep them clean, as this will directly affect the health of permanent units that appear behind them.
When applying to an official institution such as kindergarten, the child is required to show specialist. It will first identify possible problems and give recommendations for the observance of hygienic procedures or to prescribe a treatment available. It can do the following:
- to detect the start of carious processes;
- to spend sealing the affected teeth;
- if you need to ftorirovanie or silvering a separate unit;
- if there is malocclusion, orthodontic treatment prescribe and install braces.
In kindergartens and schools every year children conduct regular inspection of the oral cavity in a dentist’s office for early detection of incipient problems. After all, children’s enamel is too brittle and thin, fast indestructible. In addition, children are known for their unwillingness to abide by the rules of hygienic treatment of the teeth, which also exacerbates the problem.
It is important that the parents taught the child the time to visit the dentist and not be afraid of this doctor. Only with the establishment of positive contact, it is possible to ensure that the child trusted specialist, allowed to carry out all manipulations and not resist the treatment. Children’s dentistry is more complex due to the problems in establishing such a trusting relationship between doctor and patient.
When you need a certificate of rehabilitation of the oral cavity?
If you commit such inspection regularly for the sake of healthy teeth and gums, the certificate as such is not needed. If to the dentist for the readjustment of you and I were sent to polyclinics, women’s consultations or require any other official institutions, then you should have a dentist to take the appropriate help or it will make the entry in the common medical record.
Typically need it:
- to enroll in kindergarten;
- at work;
- when crossing the border;
- for travel to camps or other recreation facility;
- when conducting General therapeutic treatment or a medical examination;
- for military service.
How much is this procedure? Depending on the hospital to which you have applied and specific measures undertaken, the amount can be very different. After all, if you had only the cleaning of plaque and Tartar, you get one amount, and when the filling of several teeth or dentures the cost of all actions will be completely different.
Video: sanitation of the oral cavity diode laser Biolase Epic.
Is it possible to carry out the procedure at home?
Because people do not like to visit the dentist’s office, often there is such question – and would reorganize to make on your own? Just say that at home to carry out the whole complex of the required procedures is impossible. After all, you need equipment and expert help. Even diagnosis of the teeth and gums you will not be able to conduct themselves.
All that is available for home preservation of oral health is regular cleaning and treatment of surfaces, adherence to the General recommendations, rinsing after meals and the use of quality fixtures for.
Only a doctor can fully inspect all the teeth to clean hard to reach places, make a diagnosis, to make filling, etc. especially if you need to install dentures, braces or periodontal treatment, tooth extraction, pulp and other complex manipulation.