The sour breath of the child: causes and treatment
Sometimes a child has sour breath. It begins to disturb parents, and raises questions about whether there is pathology, and what can threaten inaction. Normal no discomfort from the mouth of the child should not be felt. A child who is breastfed will smell like milk. In the event of deviations from the norm in terms of smell in the mouth, it is recommended to urgently see a doctor. Let’s look at the features of pathology, talk about measures of correction and prevention of occurrence.
The child’s mouth, the norm represented by the following microbial environment: resistant and opportunistic pathogens, which are in equilibrium. The composition of resistant microflora does not cause the development of diseases. Usually opportunistic representation of its activity in terms of zapuskaniya of development of pathological processes is not shown. However, under certain conditions the transformation of the Association in a pathogenic direction of impact.
Activation of conditionally pathogenic microflora is possible with:
- Stress, overwork;
- Frequent catarrhal diseases;
- The weakening of the immune reactivity of an organism, immunodeficiency States;
- The use of prescription drugs.
Children breast-fed, usually smell the part. Bacteria that enters the oral cavity, actively inhibit the proliferation of pathogenic microbes. In older children the changes in the odors from the oral cavity also to be noted not it should. In the event of them requires to consider possible causes or conditions that could contribute to this. Odors arise in the mouth in the healthy condition of the body and in the presence of chronic infectious processes.
The norm may be changed when breathing:
- Eating products that cause a strong smell: it is noted when intake of garlic, onions, radish, cabbage, drink some juice;
- Unbalanced nutrition: the prevalence in the diet protein foods. Because protein is difficult to digest by the body, then eventually start rotting processes in the body. Of fermentation reactions occur if a child consumes carbohydrates present in fruits, grapes, legumes, in excess of the daily requirement;
- The use of hard varieties of cheese: the metabolism of the product having sulfur compounds that are felt when you exhale the child;
- Sugary foods: excessive consumption is able to determine the growth of bacteria, whose activity may lead to the formation of unpleasant odors;
- Experiences stress can determine hyposalivation, which changes the perceived odor in the mouth
- Poor oral hygiene: there is a delay food residue on the teeth and tongue, the tonsils. Over time, this leads to the formation of plaque. Plaque on the teeth accumulates in places difficult to be cleaned with a toothbrush (fissures, cervical region, contact area). Plaque tends to obyzvestvleniya amid continuing supply of mineral substances from saliva, turning into stone. When the topography in the language of the places of greatest congestion is noted at the midline and in the branches of it. Tonsil located in the posterior part of the mouth, difficult to clean because the plaque quickly accumulates on the surface, leads to putrefactive inflammation.
What should parents do if there is a smell
If there is a desire on the part of, both the child and the parent, eliminating the uncomfortable phenomena is fast enough. For a start it is necessary to restrict the eating of sweets. In the absence of Allergy to bee products, it is recommended to replace sugar with honey. In conjunction with this, the diet of the child should be increased the dosage of the supplied fruits and vegetables. It is preferable to use a solid product (apples, carrots), because their use is parallel to the massage of the mucous membrane of the tongue and mouth, increasing saliva.
You must teach the child the correct method of brushing teeth. At the reception, the dentist selects the main and additional hygiene products, learn to use floss to cleanse the interdental spaces. To accomplish cleansing of the teeth 2 times a day, after each meal rinse the mouth with boiled water or infusions of herbs (chamomile, sage, calendula). The older child can be used for irrigation special mouthwash, which must not contain alcohol. If there is any smell when a strong emotion or experience, it is recommended to increase the intake of water. Within a few days of this simple manipulation is able to deliver the child from the uncomfortable phenomena in the mouth.
The change of respiration in the presence of diseases
Sometimes in compliance with all regulations for the correction of power, the cleansing mouth, removing unpleasant smell, the excitement still remains. Then it is necessary to assume the presence of chronic diseases in children. It is necessary to go on reception to the doctor and the collection of complaints and symptoms of the child to try as accurately as possible to describe feel the breath of his mouth. It is desirable to give the characteristic smell to associate his expression with a specific product, as the pathology of some organs may be referred to a specific manifestation of the odor in your mouth.
Odors in the mouth in the correlation from the affected organ:
- The feeling of rotten eggs: gastritis, ulcer disease of the stomach;
- The appearance of the acidic breath of the child: may indicate increased acidity in the stomach, the beginning of inflammation in it. Notes for gastritis. Another reason for the change in breath — reflux. The reverse ingress of food from the stomach into the oesophagus heartburn occurs because the mucosa of the esophagus is not adapted to the components of the gastric environment, which enters at regurgitation together with food. The child has also noted pain in the upper quadrant;
- The rotten smell: the defeat of the esophagus, stomach against the reduction of acidity;
- The feeling of acetone: diabetes mellitus;
- The sense of ammonia in disorders of the kidneys;
- Sweetish taste in the mouth raw liver: liver pathology (hepatitis, cirrhosis);
- The feeling boiled cabbage or manure in children: hereditary defect of metabolism;
- The smell of chlorine in combination with the feeling of the metal is observed at diseases of periodontal tissues;
- Aroma yeast: candidiasis. Not always the disease can only manifest itself in the oral cavity, lesions may also be indicated in the stomach;
- The feeling of breath of iron: a metallic taste indicates iron deficiency anemia. Can cause these changes, and gastritis, increased acidity, dysbiosis, other pathology of the digestive system;
- The smell of bile: in case of violation of the outflow of secretions from the gall bag.
To call the origin of the odor is capable of other reasons, development and action which takes place in the mouth:
- Adenoid vegetation: concentrations of lymphatic tissue, begin to grow in the nasopharynx. Is caused protracted inflammation. On the surface of the adenoids postponed the mucus, causing an unpleasant smell. In light of the fact that the tonsils are enlarged, difficult nasal breathing, and the child prefers to breathe through the mouth. This type of breathing mucosa, located in the mouth and throat quickly dries and after easily injured.
- Diseases of the throat, mouth, previously marked, or existing at the moment: sore throat, stomatitis, pharyngitis. And also contributes to discomfort pathology of respiratory tract acute or chronic.
- Dental disease, periodontal tissues, mucosa when infected by fungi often also cause changes of the exhaled air. In a normal state, the oral mucosa contains a small amount of fungus called Candida. Under certain conditions, provoking the decay of the immune reactivity of the organism and enhance the action of pathogenic organisms, the activation and growth of fungi, candidiasis occurs. The mucous tissues and the tongue appears white plaque, with a specific smell, causing discomfort.
Odor from the mouth of a child can be due to other pathologies and conditions of the body:
- Long-term inflammation in the course of the digestive tract: lesions of the esophagus, stomach, gall bladder, pancreas;
- Infectious diseases on the background of viruses: mumps virus causes lesions of the salivary glands and causes dry mouth. In HIV-infected people also noted the growth of fungi in the oral cavity and the development of candidiasis;
- Chronic diseases: diabetes, liver cirrhosis, renal failure chronic;
- Worms and parasites in the course of the digestive tract: roundworm, pinworm, Giardia;
- Genetic diseases on the background of metabolic defect: trimethylaminuria, histidinemia;
- Dysbiosis in the gut: diarrhea, constipation and other phenomena;
- Foreign bodies in the nasopharynx in small children;
- Long use antibacterial, cytostatic agents. A course of radiation therapy for cancer;
- Acetoneiso syndrome: the metabolic defect in which the excretion of acetone occurs in the urine, and exhaled air. Predisposed emotionally unstable. Not only viral diseases, but a sensory overload may contribute to the development of this syndrome in children;
The use of certain pharmacological drugs: anti-allergic, diuretic. A side effect of the use is dryness of the mucous membranes of the mouth.
Recommendations the detection of odor on the background of the disease
In order to understand what is the cause of odour in your mouth, you need to visit the pediatrician. Specialist will hold a conversation with her mother, the child, will inspect both and make a plan of additional examination of the child, which specified the cause of the disease, revealed the pathology of other organs and systems.
The study should be evaluated the results of blood tests, urine, stool, ultrasound of the visceral organs. In identifying the pathology of other systems is important to involve the examination of the specialists of this profile.