The taste of blood in mouth: causes in women and men
The taste of blood in his mouth bothers a large number of people, because the causes in women and men for the emergence of such symptoms varied.
To any changes in the body should be treated carefully, because any pain, signs and signals indicates a disturbance in the functioning of different human systems.
What does it mean?
Occasional feeling of blood in the mouth can be quite a coincidence due to injuries of the soft tissues or the development of inflammation. Special attention should be paid if this symptom bothers regularly, which means that the human body made major changes.
The primary sources leading to discomfort in the oral cavity, divided into two groups:
- dental abnormalities causing bleeding gums;
- pathology of internal organs, when the blood taste refers to the multiple symptoms of the disease.
Causes of blood taste in your mouth
Preconditions leading to the appearance of blood in the oral cavity, a lot. Feel the taste of fresh blood says about possible damage to the soft tissues, and the presence of metallic bloody taste indicates pathological processes of internal organs.
Another important component of this symptom is a period when there is an unpleasant sensation: in the evening or in the morning after you Wake up, while brushing your teeth or eating.
The reasons why there is a bloody taste, regardless of the circumstances and chronology:
- inflammatory processes in the oral cavity, the progression of diseases such as gingivitis, periodontitis or stomatitis can lead to bleeding in the oral cavity from the affected soft tissues. With unpleasant taste, the patient feels all the time, and it increases after cleansing the teeth with a brush;
- trauma – sharp edges defective fillings or cavities, poorly sanded areas of the prostheses, and massive teeth stones often damage the mucosa;
- medications – use of certain groups of medicines (antibacterial, anti-allergic and iron-containing drugs) leads to a change in the composition of saliva and cause a metallic taste;
- during pregnancy – during pregnancy the mother’s body is reconstructed, while in the first trimester hormonal changes that affects the periodontium. This can occur in women before menstruation is expected;
- after the run — in time increases the load on the heart and increase the pressure of inflamed and loose gums, especially for men who can bleed;
- after Smoking – caused bloody taste of the smoker indicates a violation of vascular permeability of the gums and is one of the signs of periodontal disease;
- severe pathology – pneumonia, tuberculosis and cancer vozduhoprovodyaschih paths lead to the fact that when they cough in your mouth in saliva appear blood streaks.
Symptoms of what disease?
Special attention should be paid when the taste of blood felt in the morning. This symptom often indicates the presence of disorders of internal organs:
- diseases of the upper respiratory tract and inflammatory processes in the sinuses facial bones (maxillary sinusitis, frontal sinusitis) lead to labored breathing, which negatively affects the perception of odors. The expectoration may burst small blood vessels, and blood is in the mouth;
- asthma or enlarged tonsils – if you suspect the data pathological processes often marked by nasal congestion. Because the forced mouth breathing is drying of the mucous membrane, and this negatively affects olfactory and gustatory receptors that are capable of causing taste of blood in the mouth;
- diseases of the stomach and intestines when blood feeling in the mouth appears after waking up or eating, while you are sick, or sometimes even vomiting, is the pain in the epigastrium, it is possible to suspect a violation of the gastrointestinal tract, especially gastritis or peptic ulcer disease;
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels – violation of the integrity of the vascular wall of capillaries caused by angina or a heart attack, accompanied by cough, shortness of breath, and a sensation of pressure in the chest;
- neurological disorders – frequently occurring headache that is accompanied by the appearance of metallic taste in mouth is a symptom of poor circulation in the brain and requires consultation with a neurologist.
How to get rid of the taste of blood in his mouth?
The first thing to do when often there is an unpleasant feeling in the oral cavity, is to visit the dentist to diagnose and identify the cause of the symptom. Once the underlying disease causing blood taste, the doctor will prescribe the appropriate therapy.
When the taste appears because of dental disease by yourself at home will help to get rid of the problems folk remedies:
- chamomile broth – 5 g of dried flowers pour in the fireproof dish, pour 500 ml of water and put on fire, after boiling, cook for 5-7 minutes and allow to stand for one hour. To use for rinsing as appropriate;
- oak bark – 10 grams of raw pour boiling water and leave for 40-60 minutes to cool. The resulting infusion use for oral baths 2-3 times a day. This tool is well eliminates the cause of the bleeding;
- citrus fruits – the consumption of vitamin C has a positive effect on the state of the vessels, reducing their fragility and bleeding;
- spices – add plain cinnamon, mint, cloves and other fragrant spices that will remove the unpleasant sensations in the mouth.
Sometimes the taste of blood in mouth is caused due to poor hygiene, so carefully inspect your toothbrush in good condition bristles, and replace pasta (which toothpaste is best?). Regular unpleasant sensations in the mouth are indicators of serious health problems, therefore do not self-medicate, and timely contact your doctor for help.
Video: three alarming symptom in the mouth in the «Live healthy» Elena malyshevoy.