The white dot on the gums of infants: pictures, treatment
Often, newly minted moms notice a white dot on the gums of infants that causes them a lot of questions. They are looking for photo spots on the Internet, asking about treatment. Where are these manifestations? How to cope with them?
For young parents characteristic excessive concern over health condition of their child. Moms visiting all parts of the body, every crease, look into the mouth of the baby to make sure he has no pathologies and diseases. Ideally, the oral cavity in infants has no elements of destruction and covered by pink mucosa.
What does it mean?
White pimples that are inside the mouth of the infant, not always indicates some kind of disease. Sometimes this element is a variant of the physiological norm and needs no specific treatment.
- The solid dot in the oral cavity of the baby is sometimes erupted neonatal tooth. It occurs in 1-2% of newborns.
- Whitish plaque on the gums occurs after milk feeding, it is easy to remove simply by rinsing with water.
- On the mucous membrane sometimes there is accumulation of epithelial cells, which are spontaneously eliminated after a short time.
- At the age of 2-3 weeks, the baby can sometimes be a hormonal crisis, resulting in formation of white dots not only in the oral cavity, but also on the skin.
- In the process of natural childbirth in women suffering from candidiasis, infection of the baby, which is manifested cheesy spots on the gums and palate.
In a child newly born into the light, the mucosa has a pale pink color, and the gums should be smooth, without tubercles and elements of defeat. Sometimes they are covered with a light patina, which are the concern of a young mother.
Common and are not harmful to the child the following factors:
- nodules bona – tiny «pearls» cysts are formed from glandular tissue. White dots do not bring discomfort to the baby and yourself disappear over time;
- pearls Einstein – clusters of epithelial cells, is absolutely painless, which occur in the first weeks of life of infants, and spontaneously disappear;
- teeth – sometimes children are born with protezavimo teeth, is found, though rarely.
The reasons leading to the appearance of white spots, multiple:
- violation of the rules of care for the oral cavity includes the neglect of treatment of the gums after feeding, this is especially true in the use of milk formula;
- vitamin deficiency – when a breastfeeding woman doesn’t care about the usefulness of your diet, it can make her milk anti-nutrients;
- low in calcium – smokers and mothers with addictions are often insufficient content of this trace element in the body that affects the health of the child;
- thrush is caused by a fungal infection and looks like a cheesy plaque on the gums.
When an adult or child there are often problems with the health of the oral cavity: formed stomatitis aphthae, inflamed and flaking lips, the signs of a candidiasis, desquamative glossitis, as well as the patient loses weight, complains of feeling unwell, it has serious violations in the functioning of internal organs, such a clinical picture may cause suspicion for HIV.
Have an adult light the plaque in the mouth often occurs after tooth extraction. Do not panic when there are no symptoms of inflammation, and you notice that the hole exterminating tooth was covered with a light gray film is the accumulation of fibrin, which is formed in the process of wound healing.
Treatment of white spots on the gums in infants
If you have a white dot when pressed, it is possible to apply non-traditional therapeutic methods and self-treatment should not be. Upon detection of any suspicious spots or formations in the mouth consult to the pediatrician or the dentist – they diagnose the cause of changes in the mucosa and suggest methods of treatment.
- When the light exists because of the neglect of hygienic rules of care of the oral cavity, it should be removed with a sterile cotton swab and then regularly treat gums and teeth with finger brush or gauze.
- Vitamin deficiency will have to fill. To do this, ask your pediatrician about approved drugs and the list of products able to eradicate the deficit substances.
- In the case of formation of whitish coating due to diseases of the mucous membrane, treatment is carried out immediately means designated by the dentist.
To reduce the likelihood of accumulation of white substance on the tongue and soft tissues of the mouth baby after each feeding of formula or infant cereal be sure to give baby a teaspoonful of boiled water – this will remove food residue and protects from harmful effects of cariogenic microflora.
Another effective method of eliminating a microbial contamination is wiping soda solution of gums in infants. For this the index finger, wrap a cloth dipped in liquid, and clean the baby’s mouth.
Factors contributing to the emergence of the disease
When detected in the mucosa of the oral cavity whitish formations, parents should pay attention to this phenomenon, because it can indicate serious dental disease is not only nature, but also to talk about the violation of the body.
White dot may be due to more serious conditions, so if it occurs contact your doctor to rule out pathology:
- periodontitis is an inflammatory process in the periodontal tissues, accompanied by redness and local hyperthermia, pain, bleeding, and often formation of ulcers;
- candidiasis – a disease that occurs when the increase in the number of fungi of the genus Candida in the oral cavity and characterized by a light milky tinge, itching and discomfort;
- stomatitis – a disease that affects the mucous membrane. If left untreated whitish spots in the mouth, then after a few days they ulcerate, causing pain and hyperemia of the soft tissues, causing the baby gets cranky, he has a temperature and no appetite;
- lipoma – a benign overgrowth of adipose tissue that does not harm the child, but with the increase in size is able to interfere with feeding, therefore the dentist will advise you to remove it;
- malignant tumor – a cancerous tumor threatens a fatal outcome in case of delayed therapy.
In order to avoid the formation of white spots, pustules and other lesions of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity of infants, must be guided by the following rules:
- the balanced diet – when entering the child’s body the entire spectrum of vitamins and minerals reduced the risk of development of diseases;
- hygiene – keep those items that the baby takes in his mouth, because they are often the source of infection of the soft tissues;
- exclude injury – do not purchase baby toys that can cause damage when you try to chew on them;
- clean individual utensils – well wash the children’s cups and dishes after each use, and do not forget about the disinfection by boiling in soda solution;
- eliminate transmission of bacteria – do not lick your nipple before you offer it to your child, and don’t try it with a spoon porridge while feeding, because the oral cavity parents contains many microbes that can harm the baby;
- guard against unnecessary contact – do not allow people with diseased teeth or other dental problems kissing babies.
Video: what not to scratch gums when teething? Dr. Komarovsky’s school.