Throbbing pain in a tooth: the pain and what to do?
People who don’t know what is throbbing pain in the tooth – happy. Types of pain are different, and suffering of man is interested: what to do and how to pacify painful feelings?
Pain arising from the teeth is the most difficult of portable dental problems. Unbearable surge causes the patient to run to the doctor for help. If visiting the dentist is for some reason impossible, then deal with the pain attacks will help medicines and folk remedies.
Talking about throbbing pain in the tooth?
Painful pulsation in the tooth warn the person that it is in the process of inflammation. Depending on the nature, intensity and frequency of attacks, the dentist determines what it means, and diagnoses.
The pain is possible in the following illnesses:
- caries – medium and deep shape is able to give short-term pain arising from different stimuli (sweet, sour, hot or cold);
- acute pulpitis is caused due to the ingress of microorganisms into the canal system of the tooth, which cause inflammation there. In this case, the patient observes poor health, worried about his bouts of pain, alternating short periods of light. Ripple increases at night or while lying down;
- acute periodontitis – inflammation occurring at the root apex. It can have a well-defined rounded shape (granulomatous periodontitis), or have blurred outlines (granulating periodontitis). The pain increases when pressing on the tooth and increases its intensity when used hot.
The main reasons why you may experience severe pain many:
- Complicated caries.
- Trauma to a tooth.
- Substandard treatment.
- Postproduzione drug effect.
The nature of the pain also depends on the location of the tooth (front or rear), one side is or both.
The pain is:
- Ongoing or periodic alternating painful and painless periods.
- Aching or throbbing.
- Worse at night or constant intensity.
- Short or long passing.
Next, we consider the most common reasons to see a dentist with an unpleasant pulsations.
Throbbing tooth under the filling
Given the nature of the pain is important, what is the seal:
- temporary – is often installed when you access a doctor about pulpito pain. Under it demetalizarea remedy that kills the nerve. The first two days the pain possible due to incomplete killing of the pulp, but if it continues further, you should visit the doctor without waiting for the appointed date;
- constant – the exact diagnosis will be established only by a doctor after a detailed examination of the radiographs and the problem tooth, because the reasons for pain under seal are many: from tooth decay to periodontal disease.
Throbbing tooth, ache but not
The resulting feeling is characteristic of several diseases:
- exacerbation of apical periodontitis – a collection of pus gives the feeling that the inside jaw has a pulse. This is due to the release locations for purulent exudate. Calm a toothache is not worried, however, it can occur when strong pressure is applied;
- periodontitis – inflammation of the tissues surrounding the tooth also gives a characteristic ripple, but their source is not inflamed pulp and periodontal disease;
- inflammation of the root of the cyst is called «purulent sacs» at the top of the tooth have a tendency to worsen with hypothermia or systemic disease.
Throbbing pain after tooth extraction
Sometimes extraction of the tooth becomes a source of pain attack.
- Complicated removal of wisdom teeth.
- Excessive traumatism of the soft tissues.
- A short period after surgery.
- Suppuration of the tooth socket (alveolitis).
The pulsation under the crown
The most common source of pain in a tooth covered with a crown is tacky cured inflammation of a nerve or get an infection in the tip of the tooth during the irrigation and mechanical cleansing of the root canal during tooth preparation for prosthetics.
Be sure to seek medical attention, since neglect in this case leads to tooth loss. The situation is unpleasant, because it is necessary to saw the tooth in order to get full access to the internal part of the tooth, but it is the only possible way to save him.
Throbbing tooth without nerve
It would seem, why a toothache, if he’s dead, because it removed the nerve, and therefore, no reason for pain. This is not so. To understand this, it is important to know the mechanism of cleaning and filling root canals of the tooth.
- The nerve is removed using special thin needles.
- Rinsed the root canal with antiseptic and dried.
- In the cavity of the tooth set of the root filling of gutta-percha pins and pastas.
If the violation occurred at any stage, we should expect complications manifested by pain. It occurs in a couple of days, in case of removal of the pin over the top of the tooth or develops gradually, with the poor flushing, causing incomplete removal of pathogenic organisms.
Than to take pulsating pain in the tooth?
In the event of acute toothache the first thing to do is to visit the dentist. It happens that the pain came as a surprise when there is no opportunity to promptly get to the doctor.
What to do in this case? Take pain medicines and traditional medicines. This will help to reduce pain and to wait for the visit to the clinic for treatment.
Pain pills should be chosen according to the strength of the attack. For moderate pain take-steroidal anti-inflammatory.
- The paracetamol.
Means reduced discomfort for 2-3 hours. If the pain increases in the evening, you can also use antispasmodics (no-Spa, Papaverine or Spazmatron).
During intense bouts of throbbing pain, which is one of the main diagnostic signs of pulpitis needed stronger drugs.
With the unbearable attacks better to do an injection than taking the same drug, but in pill form. It is important to understand that medications only mask the attack, helping him to move, but do not treat the root cause, so be sure to contact your dentist at the earliest opportunity.
Methodology of folk medicine are sometimes the only thing you can go to visit the dentist. In its Arsenal of medicinal herbs, the products of horticulture and beekeeping, essential oils:
- soda and salt rinse – 2 grams of these substances mix and dissolve in a glass of warm water. Irrigate your mouth after eating and every 15 min until abatement of pain;
- propolis – if you chew a piece, then there is a little numb, so the attack is reduced;
- decoctions of plants — a teaspoon of the dry mixture, pour 150-200 ml of boiling water and leave for insisting, after straining can be used for rinsing. For this purpose, suitable sage, marigolds, chamomile flowers, calamus or oak bark. Alcohol tincture more effective, but you need to prepare in advance – not less than 10 days;
- cold compress – applying to the site of swelling will reduce the pain and swelling;
- essential oil – soaked cotton ball in oil of cloves or eucalyptus applied to the affected tooth;
- anesthetic on a piece of sterile gauze to pour a few drops of liquid lidocaine and place it in a cavity.
After eliminating the pain, try to visit the dentist as soon as possible to prevent complications.
Video: what to do if you have a toothache?
► What to do if a tooth is throbbing when walking?
This kind of ripple reveals the formation of denticles in the cavity of the tooth. To determine why only a dentist after an examination and carry out the necessary therapy.
► How to deal with throbbing tooth during pregnancy?
Uncontrolled medications for pain relief in this period unwanted, not to harm the child. Promptly contact your dentist without bringing the teeth to a state of complicated caries. If the pain arose, to the doctor, you can rinse your mouth with herbs.