Thrush in adults treatment: how to get rid of diseases of the oral cavity
A lot of people faced with the manifestations of thrush in your mouth. But not everyone knows, «stomatitis» is a General concept, there are many varieties. Every disease manifests itself as specific General symptoms, and local elements of destruction. Therefore, to generalize the clinic is impossible, the approach in each case your. In this article we will look at the causes and treatment of stomatitis in people of adult age.
What is stomatitis? The disease occurs when involvement in the inflammatory process of the oral mucosa. Many believe that developing the disease in case of not respecting the rules of hygiene. Actually factors what causes them sores are much more. Below are the most common causes of stomatitis in adults.
- Viral etiology:
- Fusospirochetal symbiosis
Ulcerative-necrotic stomatitis Vincent.
- Fungal infection:
- Sensitization of the body:
As we can see, the appearance of stomatitis causes in most cases associated with the introduction into the body of infectious agents (viruses, bacteria). Also possible allergic mechanism of development of inflammation. Predisposing conditions include reduced General and local resistance, dysbiosis. The candidal stomatitis often peredaet massive antibiotic therapy.
Virus herpetic stomatitis
When the diagnosis of herpetic stomatitis causes are infection with herpes simplex virus. The main ways of transmission:
- vertical (mother to child);
Virus after introduction into the body to penetrate to the lymph nodes and the blood spreads throughout the body. In «sleep state» is in the nerve ganglia. Periodically while reducing immune response the activation of viral DNA. During this period, you may receive the corresponding symptom stomatitis in adults. Primary herpes affects not only the oral mucosa but also the skin, nasal mucosa, conjunctiva, cornea. Recurrent (secondary) herpes starts with mild clinic. Often appears on the background of infectious diseases. Hypothermia, UV, heat, emotional stress – all this starting factors contributing to the development of the disease.
How does a canker sore, which is herpes simplex? Beginning of acute herpetic stomatitis occurs with the characteristic common features. Patients present the following symptoms of stomatitis:
- The increase in temperature.
- Pronounced symptoms of intoxication.
- Deterioration of appetite.
- The sleep disturbance.
3 days before appearance of rash, patients complain of burning sensation and itching in the oral cavity, namely in the area of future rashes. This is the first signs of stomatitis. Next on the edematous mucosa of the cheeks, lips, language, palate bubbles occur. After 2 days they burst, forming erosive surface, the top covered with a whitish bloom. Depending on the area affected, experts distinguish the following degrees of severity of stomatitis in the mouth in adults: mild, moderate and severe.
How to deal with herpetic stomatitis? Treatment of stomatitis in adults caused by the herpes virus should be comprehensive. General therapy involves the use of antiviral drugs. Depending on the complexity of the situation, drugs are administered topically (for minor), intramuscularly, or even intravenously (if severe).
The most widely used representative of the group of antiviral drugs is Acyclovir. The drug aims to combat the infected cells (by blocking the synthesis of their DNA).
Advantages of treatment with medicines Acyclovir:
- Is highly effective against viruses herpes simplex.
- Does not have immunosuppressive properties.
- Pronounced immunomodulatory effect.
- Local action aimed at reducing the pain, preventing the appearance of new lesions, accelerate the formation of crusts.
If appearing stomatitis is characterized by a slight area of damage, the General condition is not violated, patients are prescribed Acyclovir 200 mg 5 times a day. Course of treatment lasts on average from 5-10 days.
To correct the content of endogenous interferon Viferon appoint, Imudon. To remove sensitisation are antihistamine drugs as Suprastin, claritin.
Struggling with a pronounced exudative manifestations in the oral cavity, the doctor often assigns Indomethacin that the mechanism of action is an inhibitor of prostaglandins.
How to treat thrush in the mouth adults? Local therapy, as an integral part of the treatment is carried out in the following directions:
- Anesthesia of the affected oral mucosa include the use of solutions of anesthetics (in the form of applications, mouth trays), aerosols of lidocaine (10%), drug Tantum Verde. Since appearing stomatitis occurs with intense pain, funds from this group are shown almost always.
- To reduce the intensity of inflammation, the drug is used Holisal. High effectiveness is achieved through the combination of anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antiviral action. The gel texture provides good adhesion, improves the absorption of active ingredients.
- As soon as you start to show the first symptoms of the disease, be sure to use antiviral ointment (Bonaftonovaya, Interferonov). They are applied to the entire area of the affected mucosa up to 4 times a day (within 8-10 days).
- The presence in the mouth erosive areas requires daily use of antiseptics (Chlorhexidine solutions, Miramistina), as in the case of joining a secondary bacterial infection, complications can occur.
- To improve epithelization of erosions used keratoplasty (Solcoseryl dental adhesive paste, oil solution of vitamin A).
Ulcerative-necrotic stomatitis Vincent
Ulcerative-necrotic stomatitis – what is it? Why and how disease develops? Causes of stomatitis fusospirochetal symbiosis.
To begin the inflammatory process may with the introduction from outside of staphylococci and streptococci, on the accession of fusospirochetal that are part of the microflora. The disease with pronounced alterative component. Predisposing conditions can be divided into:
- General stress, fatigue, frequent infections.
- Local – violation of the integrity of the mucosa, poor hygiene of the oral cavity.
For the ulcerative-necrotic stomatitis symptoms, characterized by the following:
- bleeding gums;
- unpleasant putrefactive smell from a mouth;
- the increase in saliva;
- regional lymphadenitis;
- pronounced signs of intoxication.
In the mouth the disease starts with the gums, then apply to cheeks, the sky. Nekrotizirovannye areas covered with gray-green patina, after the removal of which exposed erosive, bleeding surface.
How to get rid of sores caused by fusospirochetosis? First of all it is necessary to eliminate local traumatic factors:
- To carry out sanation of the teeth.
- Soshlifovat sharp edge seals.
- To remove supragingival and under the stone.
The detection of ulcerous-necrotic stomatitis treatment includes:
- overlay applications of proteolytic enzymes to remove necrotic tissue (Trypsin, Lidaza, Chymotrypsin);
- to prevent secondary infection, apply antiseptic solutions such as Miramistin, Hlorgeksidin (make mouth trays);
- to suppress the growth and multiplication of protozoan infection apply Metronidazol;
- when there is a tendency to epithelialization, shows how to use agent drugs (Solcoseryl dental adhesive paste, sea Buckthorn oil).
In the untimely appeal to the doctor, or in the case of irrational treatment may develop resorptive changes in bone, nekrotizirovanne interdental spaces, the emergence of periodontitis.
What disease occurs? Causes of stomatitis is the transition of conditionally pathogenic microflora to pathogenic form.
Predisposing factors are:
- reduced local resistance;
- the low level of hygiene of the oral cavity.
Oral thrush, which manifests itself in the oral cavity soreness, burning sensation, dryness, difficult chewing of food, does not cause much difficulty in diagnosis. During objective examination dentists reveal:
- Dry, erythematous mucosa.
- The presence of white spots or film, reminiscent of curdled mass.
- When you remove the white coating can be easily removed. But in the case of a more severe course when you try to remove – exposed erosive surface.
Also the oral candidiasis may also manifest in the form of mycotic zaedy in the corners of the mouth. In contrast to streptococcal infection, mycotic zaedy characteristic dry erosion with thin scales.
How to treat stomatitis in adults, the cause of which is fungal infection? What to do when the time came, to avoid complications? Let’s deal!
So, common treatment includes taking antifungal drugs (Nystatin, Diflucan, fluconazole). Antifungal (antifungals) — drugs that have a fungicidal or fungistatic effect and is used to prevent and treat candidiasis (fungal infections). To enhance salivation, eliminating dryness of the mucosa patients prescribed Potassium iodide. Prerequisite: in the diagnosis of stomatitis in adults treatment should be carried out on the background of a limited (but better than complete failure) eating foods containing carbohydrates.
How to get rid of sores in the mouth?
Local treatment includes:
- Rinsing with antiseptic solutions having, along with anti-inflammatory, and antifungal activity (Miramistin).
- The use of borax in glycerin as the applications on the affected area.
- The application of antifungal ointments (Clotrimazole, Nystatin) is not less than 3 times per day. To avoid habituation of the microflora, dentists recommend not using throughout the entire course of treatment one ointment and alternate them.
- Good efficiency and have drugs such as Hexetidine, Parodium. Along with anti-inflammatory, pain activity and have antifungal activity. And the gel structure contributes to the prolongation of the therapeutic effect.
Important to know: in 2-3 days after the start protivodiabeticescoy therapy are shown to carry out a complete reorganization of the mouth.
In this section, we will discuss the main etiological factors, symptoms and treatment of inflammatory process of the mucous membrane, which occurs due to sensitization. As we can see, the disease may develop not only because of the infection is stomatitis and allergic Genesis. Typically, the reaction is delayed type. The most frequently observed resulting from the ingestion of drugs. Although many cases are recorded and contact allergic reactions due to the presence in the oral cavity acrylic stamp-solder prosthesis.
The nature of the inflammatory process are the following forms of the disease:
In mild stomatitis patients complain of a burning sensation in the mucosa. During the examination the doctors determine the hyperemic, edematous surface.
In the case of a bullous form bubbles after opening which the «bare» extensive erosive areas. There is intense pain both when eating and at rest.
Erosive stomatitis and ulcerative-necrotic form occur with impairment of the General condition. Patients present fever, weakness.
How to cure thrush in the mouth? First, it is necessary to eliminate the effect of the allergen. We have to identify the causal factor (drugs, dental material, denture). Further desensibiliziruyuschuyu therapy. Not recommended by doctors during treatment eat spicy, spicy food.
Local therapy includes:
- anesthesia of the affected areas;
- antiseptic treatment;
- for removal of necrotic tissue use of proteolytic enzymes;
- after the relief of the first signs of stomatitis, appointed means for the regeneration of the mucosa.
Good efficiency is used, and the drug Holisal, which has, along with anti-inflammatory effect, expressed anesthetic and antimicrobial activity. In severe disease used glucocorticosteroid ointments.
Causes of stomatitis in adults — a violation of the functioning of the digestive system, allergic conditions, respiratory infections, traumatic injuries.
- Somatic disease.
- Stressful situation.
Even before the appearance of the first symptoms patients complain of a burning sensation. During the inspection fails to identify inetsirovany vessels, erythematous, slightly edematous mucosa. Within a few days you receive the main element of destruction – AFTA – a superficial epithelial defect of round shape, covered with fibrinous coating light. When attempting to remove is not removed. If forced to remove – exposing bleeding surface. Aphthae are most often localized on the mucosa of the lips, cheeks. After 7 days, as a rule, erosion epitelizatia without scar formation.
In the identification of stomatitis what to do and how to treat it? Due to the fact that in the pathogenesis of the disease is an important role for the presence of foci of chronic infection, the patient must be comprehensively examined. The total treatment consists of applying a desensitizing drugs, multivitamin complexes (administrated ascorbic acid, vitamin R), immunomodulatory drugs.
Physiotherapy treatment includes electrophoresis, laser, phonophoresis. Forbidden rough, hard, spicy food.
Measures aimed at arresting the lesion are performed in the following sequence:
- anesthesia ( solution, Lidocaine spray);
- antiseptic treatment (decoctions of herbs, Chlorhexidine);
- the cleansing of wounds from the RAID (Chymotrypsin, Trypsin);
- stimulation of regeneration (sea Buckthorn oil, Solkoseril dental adhesive paste, Curiosin).
So, in this article, we discussed all about thrush: causes, types, characteristic clinical signs, the basics of treatment. Do not self-medicate! Indeed, at first glance seemingly «harmless inflammation» can cause necrotic changes in the mucosa, lead to bone resorption. Only a professional approach, comprehensive diagnosis, rational therapy will help as soon as possible to stop the pathological focus, to prevent the occurrence of complications.