Tooth ache: what to do at home?
What to do if a tooth ache at home? Are there any folk remedies to relieve and eliminate pain?
Also we will talk about the main cause aching pain in the oral cavity, specifically the teeth: whether it’s the treatment of deep caries or removal of the nerve.
Why does aching pain? This contributes to many causes: from diseases of the oral cavity to the mistakes of dentists during treatment. It should be noted that the pain with a nagging symptom is no less dangerous than acute, it causes no less discomfort, and requires a serious relationship.
Yourself is very difficult to determine the real source of pain: you can hurt the gums, and in fact, the reason will lie in the tooth, and Vice versa. To avoid incorrect self-treatment, should not delay with the visit to the dentist.
- lose a tooth nerve;
- severe pain that «gives» the temple is a sign of pulpitis;
- flux — there is swelling of the gum near the affected area and a significant increase in temperature;
- caries — pain response to temperature changes;
- after sealing;
- removal of the nerve (as a result of the wrong treatment);
- sinusitis (whining all the teeth at once);
- inflammation of the facial nerve.
- cardiovascular disease.
Also the problems can be due to:
- the development of the carious process;
- disease periodontal tissues (periodontitis, parodontosis), they are with equal frequency cause pain and for front and back teeth;
- an allergic reaction during treatment.
Eruption of eights can also cause pain as wisdom teeth can cut hard structures of the jaw (seen in the photo below).
The exact cause why aching tooth, the dentist can only diagnose by. If the pain is severe, it is recommended to take painkillers: analgin, Ketanov, brufen.
Under the crown
Secondary tooth decay under a crown if the dentist incorrectly performed the treatment or the patient has not adhered to its recommendations for the care of the oral cavity. Among the medical errors happen:
- Incorrect use of medications in the treatment of the patient’s teeth and installing crowns.
- Wrong selection of materials for the manufacture of crowns, as the patient may be allergic to those or other elements of the design.
- Not completely healed areas of the tooth where the carious process continues.
After installation of crowns aching tooth immediately, but some time after medical procedures. Initially, the patient withdraws all the symptoms are increased sensitivity and not in a hurry to the doctor, so it is very important to understand the cause of the pain and start to re-treatment.
Here, too, is of great importance the use dentist certain medications and filling materials. Poor care of the patient over the entire oral cavity, or the area where you installed the seal, can also provoke pain.
The tooth surface can be properly prepared before you install the seal or is it tight against the tooth. This can occur due to incorrect calculations on the level of «slump» filling materials.
During installation of the seal doctor must anticipate how it will change the state of the tooth after some time, as this will affect the processes that occur under the filling.
Video: toothache under seal — said the expert.
After removal of the nerve
If the operation for the removal of the nerve was performed incorrectly, the patient may suffer severe pain after the sealed channels.
Mild pain in the early stages after the procedure should not be a cause for concern — this is a normal healing process of the damaged area. The pain may worsen during eating when the temperature drops, but after a few days it should be solved forever.
If the tooth aches and more, there is reason to be wary. The doctor could inadvertently or because of other reasons not to remove all of the nerve endings and after the action of painkillers, the portion of the nerve, irritable operation, continues to hurt badly.
In this case, you must contact your dentist if a filling or crown is not installed, it will once again perform the procedure to remove the rest of the nerve. Otherwise the only solution will be removal of previously established designs.
Video: why toothache after removal of the nerve?
After treatment of pulpitis
Aching pain after treatment of pulpitis are non-durable and non-hazardous, their is a natural reaction of the dental surface in dental procedures. Cause for concern are the increasing pain symptoms in the first few days after the completion of medical procedures.
During the surgery, the dentist could injure tissue near the root apex, this is due to the introduction of special tools in dental channels during operation. Pain can be provoked by the action of the antiseptic or other medication, damaged soft tissue or cause an allergic reaction.
If you do after treatment of pulpitis tooth ache, it may also indicate poor sealing of the channels. Sometimes filling materials beyond the root, in other cases, there may not be enough.
In the dental canal may also remain part of the dental tools that can cause patients severe pain.
After treatment of deep caries
As in the case of pulpitis, the person feels different in character and duration of pain. If it is not very strong and appears as a response to temperature gradients or mechanical impact, it is necessary to wait 1-2 days. As a rule, these symptoms disappear and then no longer cause anxiety.
If the pain increases and persists for 3 or more days, then you need to urgently turn to the dentist who performed the treatment. It can be a symptom of acute pulpitis, the patient feels severe pain that appear for no reason and increase at night.
Aching tooth – what to do at home?
Constant nagging toothache is a very good reason to visit the dentist. If this is not possible, then there is a universal medical and folk remedies that will help to get rid of the painful symptoms at home:
Use compresses almost the best way. Here are some recipes:
- recommended to be applied to the affected area a small piece of ice or lard;
- suitable cotton swabs soaked in tincture of calendula, lemon juice, and the pulp of garlic or onion, baking soda, Apple cider vinegar.
It is also an effective way to alleviate painful symptoms, rinse your mouth with solutions:
- 200 ml of water add a few drops of tea tree oil;
- to a glass of warm water perekipjachennoj give 1 tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda and mix it thoroughly (instead of soda also use sea or rock salt);
- 3 tablespoons chopped turnip root is boiled for 30 minutes, after which it must cool, and then rinse your mouth;
- to one Cup of water add a few drops of peroxide (rinse this mixture is absolutely impossible to swallow);
There are several other tips for rinsing the mouth, for example, it is recommended to keep the mouth spirits. These tools can also help, but the effect will not last long.
Painkillers is, of course, the most efficient means to combat toothache.
- Nurofen, Askofen, Spazmalgon use if pain is not very strong.
- When severe pain is recommended to drink Ketanov, Nimesulide, Ketorolac, Ketorol.
- If the aching tooth in a child or a pregnant woman, the doctors suggest to drink Nospanum, Ibuprofen and faster to go to the dentist.
Eating painkillers, remember that although they relieve symptoms, but not save you from their causes. While you drink Ketanov or Nurofen, the disease progresses and treatment becomes increasingly difficult.
Video: how to get rid of sharp and dull tooth pain?
► During pregnancy
Should be the first thing to go to the dentist, who will examine you and determine the dangers and prescribe treatment. All medications should be taken only after consultations, but if you want to numb the pain prior to visiting a dentist, then you can use Nospanum, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, Nurofen.
► After the removal of a lower tooth upper tooth ache – what to do?
Immediately contact the dentist who performed the surgery and tell him about all the symptoms. If the tooth is very sore, until visiting the clinic, you can take painkillers or use people’s recipes for rinsing.
However, to postpone the visit to the dentist is not necessary, because these symptoms may indicate complex problems with the oral cavity or about damage to the facial nerve.