Tooth cyst: causes, symptoms, treatment
Cavity filled with pus, which is near the root, but rather with its tip is a tooth cyst. This pathological formation of a round shape and the inside is lined with the fibrous sheath. The size of the cyst various, tend to increase especially if located in the upper jaw, due to the higher porosity of the bone tissue. Another name for the cyst of the gums of the tooth – periodontal abscess. Cyst is a kind of protection against the spread of pus, and with it microorganisms beyond to other tissues and organs.
Signs of disease
The symptoms of a cyst can be a long time be completely absent. Occasionally noted the appearance of pain during chewing of solid food. In addition, when pressing on the gum – the place of the alleged projection of this pathology, pain occur. Finally, to ensure that the patient’s pathology on the gums by x-ray examination. The picture shows noticeable abdominal education. Sometimes a cyst on the gums find accidentally on x-ray, which the patient had to be done to identifying a completely different dental diseases.
Can a cyst on the gums manifest itself in other symptoms? It all depends on the immune status of the patient. It can reduce various diseases, primarily respiratory diseases. In such cases, there is inflammation of a cyst, accompanied by excessive formation of pus. He stretches the cavity of the cyst, increasing in size. This asymptomatic period does not pass. The patient begins to disturb aching pain in the causal place, which are most distinct when the pressure during chewing. The gums and the cheek is noticeably larger in size. The pain is almost impossible to fix painkillers, which worked before. Suffering overall health: there is lethargy, apathy, increased body temperature etc.
Classification of purulent formations
If discovered the cyst, to answer the question of what it is possible, after studying the classification (or culture) to purulent capsules:
- if the pathological education is in the area of the wisdom tooth, it retromolar cyst;
- cyst eruption is called education in the roots of children’s teeth (if the child is not more than 10 years);
- radicular cyst (the most common) is formed in the region of the root, for example, on the front or molar;
- if cavity formation appeared on the beginnings have not yet cut the teeth, it is a follicular cyst;
- if the cyst is formed from the periosteum, then it is called residual.
In the occurrence of this disease is not correct to speak about the causes, but only about one single cause, which is infection. In order to provide what is a cyst of tooth, you need to figure out how the bacteria get into the root canals.
- All the «deep» disease subvencionada with a small carious destruction. One has only to compromise the integrity of the top layer of the tooth, as the bacteria are embedded and affect the pulp (pulpitis occurs). If you do not treat any caries or pulpitis, the microorganisms penetrate korentsova without going through the channels. One of the pathological forms of the effects of microorganisms in the apex of the tooth root is the formation of cysts on the gums, symptomatology already known.
- Treatment of periodontitis is accompanied by filling of tooth canals. If they are fully to the top of the root filled with a filling material, it is a sign of quality work dentist. Tooth sistemoje to occur, elikana is not completely filled. In places where there is no seal, the microbes begin to exercise their livelihoods. Penetrating beyond the canal subsequently occurs a cyst of the tooth root.According to the statistics of the errors in the work of dentists, there are up to 60% of cases.
Predisposing factors to the formation of cysts:
- inflammation of the soft tissue ;
- the inflammatory process in the sinuses. Of them infection can do the hematogenous route;
- tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis – that is, diseases of organs located near the upper and/or lower jaw;
- difficult eruption of the wisdom tooth, which may lead to infection of the soft tissue and penetration of microbes into the area of the roots;
- trauma to teeth and soft tissues;
- the inflammatory process under artificial crown, without the possibility of release of microbes and their toxins from the channels;
- violation of the rules of asepsis (sterility), as well as antiseptics in the treatment process. In this case, can be non-sterile instruments or hands of the dentist.
A cyst is considered small if its size is not more than 5 mm. All the abnormal formation of smaller size are called granulomas.
They can go away on its own. Tooth cyst has different symptoms and different treatment. She always has a clear shell for its eradication opening and/or removal (sometimes with teeth).
How to treat this pathology
Is it possible to cure teeth with a cyst, a similar question arises in every patient affected with this disorder. Methods of treatment of cysts of the tooth can be therapeutic (that is, without the participation of surgical instruments, and with the use of medications) and operative (surgical). Treatment of cysts of the tooth involving therapeutic methods apply if:
- channels over subgrantee was not sealed and there is no need to seal at the moment;
- channels are poorly sealed;
- the cyst is small and does not cause concern.
In severe cases, if the violation of the overall health of the body, the tooth is removed together with the pathological education. If there was a cyst in the tooth, surgical treatment is used in the following cases:
- if in the root, or rather in his channel you have previously set a pin;
- if the teeth are fitted the permanent crown;
- when a cyst under the tooth has a size over 1 cm, inclined to increase, often exacerbated, concerned about aching, causing deterioration of General health of the patient.
Treatment of cysts with conservative methods
Is it possible to cure a cyst of the tooth with the participation of conservative methods? Yes, perhaps, but therapeutic course time-consuming, requires numerous visits to a specialist and material costs. The sequence of actions the dentist and the patient the following:
- if the canal was not plombirovaniya, and the pulp is not removed, the manipulation to remove the pulp (pulp), and processing of root canals. If the channels before it was sealed, then removed from them filling material.
- Before the cyst will denymode cured, the second stage is done processing channels with the use of special medicines. The canal is subject to repeated washing with solutions that have antiseptic properties. A similar procedure is necessary if the cyst(which is common) will communicate with the channel. The pus is washed out, the cyst becomes smaller pathological inflammation subsides, the patient feels the positive effects of such treatment a cyst on the root of the tooth.
- how to treat a cyst of the tooth at the next stage? With the help of special tools, making such manipulation, the dentist injects directly into the cavity of the cyst antiseptic.
- as soon as the cyst is a front tooth filled, his channels are sealed with a special paste that have medicinal properties.
- the next step in treatment is to visit a dentist who can change the paste. At this stage, the signs of the cyst (pain, swelling, etc.) is not felt by the patient;
- in between the above manipulation is necessarily performed x-ray diagnostics. In the picture the doctor judge about its effectiveness and if it suits all, then the tooth is treated with the use of the permanent seal;
- if the above actions is declining, the cyst of the gums, then the treatment is correct. In this case, it completes the filling of root canals and the installation of permanent seal. Confirms the effectiveness of treatment control x-ray. It will also need to do after a while to see the reduction of cysts in the dynamics.
Surgical treatment of cysts
More recently, if was discovered a cyst on the root of the tooth, which did not respond to conservative treatment, the tooth has to be removed. Modern dentists practice methods to save the tooth by removing only the tip of the root. How is the procedure?
- The first thing the doctor performs anesthesia.
- Then, in the projection of cysts on the gums is a small incision and creates a hole.
- Through it with the help of special tools to cut off the tip of the root together with pathological mass (cyst).
- Through the formed surgical root canal is sealed.
- The wound is treated with antiseptic and sutured, followed suturing.
Throughout the week, the doctor assesses the wound healing, not only visually during the inspection, but the results of x-ray images. In the gum, after a successful operation should not be swelling, pus, severe skin.
What allows you to achieve a resection? Most importantly, after she saved the tooth and also no need to change the crown or «touch» channels of the tooth. Resection is indicated if, in front of her inside the channel was installed the pin. It is carried out not always and not on all the teeth. Mostly on incisors, canines, somewhat less – on the molars.
Traditional medicine vs cyst
Now you know, if you have a history of a cyst on the gums, what to do – definitely ask for the help of a specialist, since only one drink even the strongest antibiotics will not be enough. The only correct remedy is the removal of tissue, contamination of microbes. All offers traditional medicine – this is only a temporary calming of the pain and the removal of the treatment period, which is written above. No wash or rinse will not be able to eliminate cavity formation in the form of cysts. So, if you have a tooth cyst — what to do? Of course, seek the help of a specialist and follow all of his recommendations.
Traditional medicines that can reduce inflammation and accelerate wound healing in the postoperative period, such as after surgery:
- infusion of sage, calendula, eucalyptus. To prepare you need to take 100 ml of water and 30 g of dry grass. Good therapeutic effect will have fees these herbs;
- instead of infusion will be more effective than tinctures, prepared from the same grass only with the addition of alcohol. In addition, the decontamination effect has propolis tincture;
- temporarily soothe the pain will help the aloe leaf. The plant is applied in the form of applications to the gums;
- in the form of applications may be applied in a slurry of garlic;
- to reduce pain you can, if you rinse your mouth with warm saline solution.
It is not necessary to hope, that all by itself will pass. If you do not seek help, sooner or later the temperature rises, to increase the size of the cheek, in the pathological area will feel intense pain – all these symptoms speak about possible complications, which include:
- the defeat of the periosteum of the jaw;
- a fistula – an abnormal hole in the gums, which periodically performs the pus;
- sepsis or blood poisoning.
Over time, even at low loads may occur fracture of the jaw bone because of the progressive development of cysts.
Prevention of disease
To prevent pathology is always easier and cheaper than to treat. To avoid the formation of cysts is not difficult. Just follow the recommendations below:
- timely treatment of caries, and to avoid its occurrence to visit the dentist for prophylactic purpose.
- To properly care for the oral cavity: time to brush your teeth, clean your mouth from food debris.
- If the gums tooth any pathological formation, you should immediately contact a specialist, not to self-medicate.
- Not allow to form Tartar, which promotes gum inflammation, spread of infection into the surrounding tooth tissue.
- After the incident of injury by the doctor a few months later, with the preventive purpose it is recommended to do x-rays of the jaw, which can be noticeable resulting cavity formation.