Tooth sensitivity: causes, treatment at home
Turning to the dentist, people often complain of tooth sensitivity. Is this a feature of the pathology and why the teeth become sensitive to different kind of stimuli. From what can dramatically develop hyperesthesia hard tissues of the tooth, take a closer look.
The concept of hypersensitivity and its types
Hyperesthesia of the teeth is increased tooth sensitivity to stimuli. Under the influence of precipitating factors, a person experiences severe pain in tooth enamel. Depending on the extent of the lesion hyperesthesia of hard tissues can be short or increase time and continue for several minutes. In any case, you should visit your dentist to determine the cause of the origin of the discomfort.
Sensitive teeth in the first place, are in need of qualified treatment professionals. Each case is considered individually and requires the study of the causes of tooth hypersensitivity.
Hypersensitivity of the teeth can are systemic and non-systemic. In the first case, the causes include diseases of the nervous system and previous pathology. In this case there are no changes in the hard tissues of the tooth. The man says that the sensitivity is exacerbated when eating or out in the cold. How to reduce tooth sensitivity and strengthen enamel in the home. Causes and treatment of tooth sensitivity will be discussed further.
Hyperesthesia of the teeth is divided into several types:
|Distribution and extent of injury:||
|Due to the occurrence:||
|According to clinical manifestations:||
An important feature of hyperesthesia is that with increased sensitivity the treatment is difficult. All actions of the dentist can cause pain and discomfort to the patient. Pain may be localized in one tooth, and may increase susceptibility to a number of stimuli. Often people notice that suddenly increased tooth sensitivity after treatment. Even the simplest dental procedures lead to excruciating pain, which is difficult to remove analgesics.
Consider the main causes of tooth sensitivity and ways to address them, and also learn how to treat hypersensitivity of hard tissues of teeth.
The causes of hypersensitivity
Before you can get rid of tooth sensitivity, it is important to identify the cause and mechanism of disease.
Hypersensitivity is the thinning of enamel, which leads to the opening of the tubules in the dentin. The open channels leading to the nerve endings and pulp. Even the smallest action of precipitating factors irritate the enamel, then the nerve and causes sharp pain.
Why do I get on edge the teeth? Acute hypersensitivity:
- When poor and wrong diet, deficiency of mineral substances;
- The abuse of sweet and sour food;
- The application pastes the contents of the abrasives, which scratch the enamel, breaking its integrity;
- Hard brush;
- In the absence of appropriate care of the oral cavity, and also to fans to chew nails and nuts;
- When exposed to tooth enamel of contrasting temperatures: for example, the person drank hot coffee and immediately began to enjoy the ice cream.
Treatment of tooth sensitivity, the dentist carries out, the task of the patient to strictly follow all the recommendations and eliminate from the diet of stimuli. How to reduce tooth sensitivity and get rid of discomfort in the home, learn on.
How to reduce enamel sensitivity
How to deal with tooth sensitivity? Important rule: to stop the growth and reproduction of microbes, which contribute to the weakening of the dentin.
- Reduction of pathogenic microflora in the mouth contributes to the proper, and most importantly, regular cleaning. Motion when cleaning the oral cavity should be smooth, especially in the exacerbation period. Begin cleaning from the rear, chewing, finish the front.
- If your toothpaste has a whitening effect on how to relieve tooth sensitivity, can not be considered. Even the highest quality pastes contain abrasives that may scratch the enamel.
- Increased risk of occurrence of microcracks in the use of hot and cold food. If you decide to begin treatment to reduce sensitivity, as it is impossible by the way come to the aid of the rejection of abuse of his body. Don’t experiment and stop exposing teeth contrasting thermal influences.
- Take the question of power. Food should be rich in vitamins and minerals. Eat more vegetables and fruits, but sweet from the diet should be removed. Such actions you will strengthen not only the hard tissue but also the gums.
- Postpone the procedure to a professional whitening of the enamel to the best of times: mechanical and chemical cleaning will bring pain and will further enhance the sensitivity. If you are disposed for a trip to the dentist for bleaching and removal of the stone, give preference to laser skin resurfacing. This procedure is more gentle to the enamel, eliminating her heat.
The treatment of hyperesthesia of teeth must be performed by a dentist. You have the power to carry out preventive measures in full.
It is recommended that dentists
If there oskoma what to do? The treatment for sensitive teeth should be comprehensive. This applies not only therapeutic interventions, but also compliance with the rules of hygiene, as well as power adjustment. What are recommended by dentists if the teeth become sensitive?
As a therapeutic methods, dentists recommend the use of desensitizing toothpaste that will help to reduce the sensitivity threshold, and to fill the cracks in the enamel.
- Oral-B Sensitive Original. Contains a high concentration of substances similar in structure to the enamel, prevents the appearance of cracks;
- MEXIDOL Dent Sensitive. Pasta with a high content of potassium. Protects enamel from damage and reduces pain in contact with irritants;
- Sensodyne-F. Rich in potassium. Has the property to relieve pain and to prevent the transfer of momentum from the stimulus;
- Rembrandt Sensitive. Protects the enamel by forming an invisible film on the dentin. Recommended to apply after each meal.
All the pasta with the therapeutic effect contain lye, which neutralizes acids and reduces the irritant effect of precipitating factors. They must be used with the course the duration of which is voiced by the doctor.
Additional protection of the enamel
To strengthen enamel and reduce the perception of the stimuli dentists recommend the use of paints, foams and gel media. Convenience such due to the possibility to use them in conjunction with Burr, who put on the night.
Different paints have not less efficiency. High content of micronutrients helps to strengthen tooth enamel and reduce sensitivity to stimuli. After application to the surface of the dentin forms a thin film which provides protection against external irritants.
Therapeutic solutions, it is recommended to moisten a cotton turundy and apply the preparation on the teeth. This will make the enamel less sensitive.
The most popular health and varnishes, solutions and powders:
- Bifluorid 12. Contains sodium fluoride and calcium has a beneficial effect on the condition of the enamel;
- Flyuokal. Available in the form of a varnish and solution;
- The fluoride varnish. Provides protection of enamel from damage, forming a film;
- Remodent. Contains zinc, iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. Used in the form of a solution for rinsing or applications;
- Chloride of Strontium — paste or solution having protective properties;
- Calcium gluconate 10 %. It is recommended to apply 20 minutes;
- Gel Tooth Mousse. Has the property to form on the surface of the film. Approved for use for children from 1 year of life.
- Gel MI Paste Plus with fluoride. Not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
All of the above features can be used prophylactically, especially in weakened enamel and tooth decay.
For the treatment of hyperesthesia recommend a course of iontophoresis. This procedure involves an electric current of low frequencies on the human body. Iontophoresis has several advantages:
- The drug is delivered directly to the affected area and penetrates deep into the tissues;
- Does not cause discomfort and pain;
- Approach for the treatment of children.
As active substances used Flyuokal, calcium gluconate, sodium fluoride and vitamin B1.
After determining the cause, treatment tooth sensitivity prescribe immediately to prevent the development of inflammation in the pulp. With pathology you can fight with traditional methods, which are no less efficient than traditional methods of treatment.
Traditional methods of treatment
So, what can I do about sensitive teeth? Folk medicine advises:
- Dilute 3 drops of tea tree oil in 200 ml of water. Rinse your mouth 3 to 4 times a day;
- A tablespoon of oak bark pour a glass of boiling water. Infuse for 10 minutes. A ready solution to use for rinsing;
- Chamomile flowers (1 teaspoon) pour 200 ml of boiling water, insist and rinse your mouth;
- Fresh warm milk to hold a little in your mouth to eliminate the pain.
Traditional medicine effective against disease when used additional measures, both therapeutic and preventive.
The following simple rules will help you resolve the problem. For anybody not a secret that an important rule and a guarantee of health is a timely visit to the dentist. The implementation of its recommendations will help not only to cope with various problems, but also to identify pathology at early stages of development.
To summarize, we can say that for eliminating the effect of the stimulus on the enamel, it is necessary, first, to exclude it from the diet. Traditional methods are also effective, but regular treatments.