Toothache gives to the temple
When a sore tooth, discomfort can be felt in various fields. Often tooth pain radiates to the head, which may be different reasons. And it can be aching, sharp, paroxysmal. Often the first time the position of rescue pain medications, however, if you do not take any action, they cease to operate.
What can cause dental pain, radiating to the temporal area, and that offer a dental clinic to get rid of them?
The main reasons for the painful impact with the head and ear
First of all, feeling tooth pain, you should seek medical attention, because inflammation, localized in the tissues of the tooth and gums can spread to deeper layers, down to the cerebral tissues.
For any diseases related to teeth and oral cavity, there is pain, radiating to the temple?
The first reason experts call tooth decay. It is a slow process which is accompanied by demineralization and destruction of hard dental tissues. With the progression of the disease are formed cavitary defects.
If the decay has spread to the internal cavity, without urgent treatment can not do, and other methods give only temporary relief, not eliminating the root cause of the condition. When the advanced form of tooth decay begins with the destruction of the tissues of the jaw.
Gradually the exposure of nerve endings, the patient begins to feel sensitivity to low temperature, moreover, the pain becomes constant and is aching in nature.
The next reason is the exposure of dentin. In this condition the pain is able to give even in the area of the brain. Dentin is the basis of the tooth, is the hardest part of it, which is located under the enamel layer and consists of collagen fibers.
On the neck there is a sensitive portion, which in normal condition is hidden under the gum. But if for some reason the gum tissue away, the person starts to bother painful. Initially, they manifested a strong pain that radiates to the temporal area that causes the patient to suffer. Any temperature fluctuations lead to aches and pains.
In this condition need treatment. Dentin, the structure of which has changed, is removed and the resulting cavity is filled with layers of filling material.
Another common cause of seal. If the patient has a toothache and discomfort appear in various areas, including in the temporal, after he has installed the seal, then most likely, we are talking about the consequences of the wrong actions of a specialist.
At the incorrect preparation of the gum to therapy may be the exposure of the nerve, radiating impulses. Fortunately, such errors are fairly rare, but doctors-beginners still they are not insured.
A crack in the tooth. Tooth enamel is a very durable material of natural origin, however,with regular traffic loads, maybe its cracking. The damaged area may be sore; in this case arise discomfort, which apply to different parts of the head.
To avoid such damage, as they cause the destruction of the structure of the gums. And if there is exposure of nerve endings, the irritation spreads throughout the body.
For this pathology requires examination by a dentist, who decides what to do next, based on the severity of the damage.
Additional causes of temporal pain
Additionally, you can highlight several reasons that trigger pain in the temple:
- Pulpitis. A fairly common phenomenon, which is the development of the inflammatory process in the soft tissues. There are several forms of the disease, but the main symptom of pulpitis is paroxysmal pain radiating to the ear. They often occur at night and can last for 2-3 weeks. The pain is quite intense and are eliminated by painkillers. The disease requires the intervention of a dentist, but it is recommended to rinse the mouth treatment solutions — herbal teas, water with salt, tincture of propolis, or Valerian.
- Periodontitis. This disease involves inflammation of gingival tissues that are adjacent to bones. As with periodontitis, the sensitivity of nerve endings is enhanced, there are pains radiating in various parts of the brain, including the temples. In addition, in the affected area occurs hyperemia, appear soft sediments, possible bleeding gums and tooth mobility. When a patient with periodontitis asks for help, he was prescribed a complex treatment. Deposits are removed, shall be appointed anti-inflammatory drugs, in some cases, antibiotics. Good result gives a course of physiotherapy.
- Eruption of upper third molars, so called wisdom teeth. This process is often accompanied by painful throbbing in the temples, in addition, there is a swelling of the gums. Also soreness can cover the entire head. Reduce discomfort possible, taking a pill of analgesic, periodically rinsing the oral cavity medicinal solutions. Often, the wisdom teeth not able to erupt on their own, and the pain and swelling not only continue, but become more intense. In this case, to help the doctor, he incision of the gingival tissue and frees the tooth. For surgery is used for local anesthesia and the procedure itself is quite fast.
Pain in the temples occur in diseases localized in the fangs. They can occur when a person has a malocclusion or for any reason chewing food only on one side of the jaw.
Often patients for a long time, suffer pain or use traditional methods, which often give temporary relief, and still do without a visit to a specialist is not possible.
What else could cause pain in the temple
Often, people are faced with the fact that they have a sore tooth and gives the ear or the temple. In this case, when the specialist will assess the General condition of the patient, he begins the elucidation of secondary factors such symptoms.
They have no connection with dental diseases, but cause unpleasant sensations. Can cause similar pain:
- inflammation of the trigeminal nerve;
- the disruption of the temporomandibular joint;
- inflammation in the temporomandibular joint.
With the disease of the trigeminal nerve inflammation can spread throughout the face, which greatly complicates the localization of the existing damage.
If the patient complains of pain tooth and ear on the one hand, the doctor first of all check the condition of the temporomandibular joint. In addition, these diseases can cause signs such as rattling and humming in the ears, as well as the impact of pain from the tooth in the temporal part.
The last sign, people are often confused with changes in blood pressure. Naturally, in this case, the administration of drugs and use of folk methods, lowering or raising the pressure, does not give the expected result.
What actions, when there is tooth pain, radiating to the temple
Answering the question of what to do when tormented by a toothache, any doctor has a similar opinion — you need to immediately seek help from a specialist. However, if the soreness sneaks up on you — at night, at work or in other inappropriate period, you can resort to the following methods of its reduction:
- When severe pain is recommended to take analgesic medication.
- You can rinse your mouth with salt solution and decoction of herbs (chamomile, sage, oak bark), propolis tincture or tea without additives. For these purposes you cannot use hydrogen peroxide, potassium permanganate, gasoline or kerosene — they can burn the delicate mucus membrane tissue.
- If the pain radiates to the ears and the head can drip into the ear drops with anti-inflammatory effects that is usually used for otitis media — Olinux, Drops and others.
- You can resort to the popular folk method applied to the affected tooth lotion with essential oil. In this case, use the following oils: lemon, eucalyptus, geranium, chepucavage tree, Basil, juniper.
On a piece of cotton wool or drive to apply a few drops of liquid, and then lotion applied to the affected area. However, you should consider some nuances: the essential oil is a highly concentrated product, so you should not use more than 4 drops, and the procedure should not last more than 12 minutes.
All the above helps to temporarily cope with the pain, but cannot kill the nerve of them calling. Eliminate pain can only medical intervention.
Important preventive measures
To avoid toothache, you should constantly care for the oral cavity. Mandatory preventive procedures and activities include:
- a mandatory visit to the dental office every six months, even if nothing disturbs;
- if you have any abnormalities should be immediately referred to a specialist without waiting for complications;
- brush your teeth twice a day, each procedure should last at least 3 minutes;
- to rinse your mouth after every meal is a special rinse or plain warm water.
Such simple care ensures healthy teeth and oral cavity and allows to avoid complications, including pain radiating to the temporal region. In addition, pain in the temples can be a sign of serious disease, so it is best to promptly seek professional help.