Toothache under a crown: how to relieve pain at home?
Sometimes it happens that a toothache under a crown, and the only thing that worried man at this moment: how to relieve pain at home?
It would seem that the pulpless tooth can not deliver the pain, but it’s not as simple as initially impression. Therefore, the only correct solution in this situation would be the dentist.
What to do if you can’t get to the dentist? How to reduce the discomfort? How to help themselves? In this article let us examine these difficult issues.
Usually before installing a crown, the nerve should be removed. On devoid of sensitivity tooth fixed artificial cap which has functional and aesthetic properties of the missing tooth.
There are times when the prosthetic tooth, the doctor did not deponirovanie. For this there are certain indications depending on the type selected subsalsa design, age and state of health. Then may develop inflammation of the neurovascular bundle, called pulpitis.
Sometimes a dead tooth in which the nerve had previously been removed starts to hurt under the crown. The reason for such complications to be found in the tissues surrounding the tooth. Why do they bother:
- there is a gap between the stump of the tooth and the crown;
- poor quality endodontic treatment;
- gum disease and periodontitis;
- pathological changes at the root of the tooth.
Pulpless tooth with proper treatment, has no sensitivity, so it can not bear the pain. Often the pain comes from the periapical tissue, located deep in the jawbone.
This happens for the following reasons:
- extracted not the entire nerve from the canal — sometimes the root system has an atypical structure, while it consists of small branches or sometimes curved. With this arrangement, the nerve is difficult to extract to the end and stay end of the fiber channel. They can give painful;
- the low quality of the filling is in the unpressurized filling of the root canal, it is from the oral cavity or oculocardiac tissue penetrating pathogens, provoking inflammatory processes;
- break off the handle of the tool, they break down because of inaccurate and sloppy work tools in the canal. Removing this chip fails and the foreign body is not allows you to tightly fill the root system. When pressing on the tooth there is pain, calm the patient nothing bothers;
- perforation — when excessively curved channels often occurs violation of the integrity of the wall, if the doctor applies to work the wrong tools, or working with them, not observing the recommendations;
- periodontitis is the presence of a permanent source of infection and periodontal pockets contributes to the fact that through the gingival microbes get inside of the tooth. The patient complains that he is itchy gums. If no action is taken, then in time, the patient can become swollen cheek;
- a cyst on the root — formation at the root apex gives pain response in the case of aggravation and the accession of purulent infection.
Toothache under a crown: how to relieve the pain?
Most often in a relaxed state of the jaw do not care, but when chewing is an unpleasant painful reaction.
To fight aching pain in the tooth help:
- medical manipulation.
Especially there are complications during pregnancy because the expectant mother has banned many drugs. Come to the aid of traditional methods based on anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect of the plants. The position is not a contraindication for treatment, on the contrary, skilled actions specialist will help to remove the source of pain and will not bring harm to the child.
What to do if you have a toothache under a crown with pressure?
Solution is a visit to the dentist, he will prescribe a clear or full picture. After careful study of the x-ray image, the doctor will find what was the cause of the pain is of such a nature, and conduct appropriate treatment.
It should be understood that the retreatment of the tooth is a difficult and lengthy process, so you need to be patient. If you leave a tooth covered with a crown or without medical intervention, it is possible not only to lose it. Further development of a purulent process leads to serious problems.
In most cases, pain with pressure indicates the development of periodontitis, an inflammatory process localized to the root apex.
- The unsealing of the root canal and thorough cleansing of necrotic masses, then the dentist will re-seal the tooth cavity. When the quality of treatment is confirmed by x-ray, you can begin turning and producing new crowns.
- The root apex resection is performed in the case where there is a cyst or cavity with purulent content surrounding the apical hole. The advantage of this treatment option is considered to be the preservation of the integrity of the crown.
- Tooth extraction — such an outcome is possible in difficult and advanced cases when treatment does not bring results. For example, the crown is on the tooth for many years, and the patient is not timely appealed to the dentist for treatment.
If you have a toothache under a crown, to relieve the pain can be in the home, or rather easier, to do this, use folk remedies.
Recipes for the preparation of gargles and lotions:
- soda and salt rinse- 7-10 gr. salt and baking soda pour into a glass and pour 250 ml of warm boiled water, mix well to achieve complete dissolution. You can use as needed, but not less than 3-4 times a day;
- herbal broth — crushed and dried chamomile flowers pour boiling water at the rate of 1 tsp per 250 ml of liquid, let stand for one hour. Strain through a sieve to remove the precipitate. According to the same method you can prepare a decoction of sage. It is used to gargle and as mouth trays;
- the juice of Kalanchoe — Kalanchoe leaves pre-wash, then squeeze out the juice, for this purpose it is convenient to use the frog. The resulting liquid to moisten a piece of gauze and applied to the diseased gum;
- aloe leaves — the leaf should be cut in half and juicy surface applied to problem area;
- cloves soak gauze and apply to the inflamed mucosa. If not oil, then chewed fruit spice, you can reduce the pain.
Remember, this method solves the problem temporarily, but does not guarantee cure of the disease. For dental care it is better to consult the dentist.
For pain relief from tooth under the crown will fit and drug, it is better to use the IO – steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. But uncontrolled taking them dangerous – a wide range of side effects can cause additional damage to the body, especially affects the stomach and digestive system.
If the pain is mild, I take the following medications:
- Acetylsalicylic acid;
In case of strong paroxysmal pain her cropped:
If, upon inspection, the dentist discovers the presence of pus, to treat antibiotic treatment. Often used antibacterial drugs of wide spectrum of action from group of penicillins.
In order to relieve the pain when a toothache under a crown, and more specifically, to prevent it, you need to carefully consider the choice of a specialist. Dentist, the skills which you are confident, having good qualifications will be most interested in the positive outcome of treatment.
If the pain was caused by the fault of the patient, change the hygiene habits of oral care mouth, and take note of their mistakes.
- brushing your teeth twice a day and rinsing with water after meals, will provide the minimum necessary care for the artificial construct;
- right click the irrigator, its use allows you to remove food remnants from those areas where toothbrush cannot penetrate. If the mouth is bridge, the «dirty» place is the area located between the two supporting teeth, and powerful water-jet air efficiently washes the area under the prosthesis;
- rinsing the mouth with herbal teas or rinses, and the use of floss and brushes for the language that reduces microbial contamination, thereby reducing the likelihood of penetration for a crown;
- regular monitoring by a dentist will allow him time to notice the initial changes and to take the necessary action.
Crowns have a lifespan of approximately 5 years, depending on the chosen design. Loose fitting crowns or having defects and signs of wear, increase the likelihood that the infection gets inside the tooth and cause pain.
Video: how much does a crown cost? When does it need changing? Lessons dentistry.
► Toothache under a crown when pressed in a year
Usually pain with pressure occur due to periapical changes in the tip of the tooth. To determine the exact cause of this condition, contact your dentist. He will examine and will direct the x-rays, and then guide the appropriate treatment.
► Why is there pain in the tooth under the crown from the hot?
In most cases, it indicates the development of periodontal disease (most likely chronic). Ask for help to the dentist as well as their own pain of this nature are not, and in severe cases can lead to serious complications.