Toothpaste for sensitive teeth
Toothpaste for sensitive teeth must have certain characteristics to prevent soreness of the teeth during eating and when brushing. What should pay attention when choosing such means of hygiene, read our article.
Why is increased tooth sensitivity
Under increased sensitivity is commonly understood as a painful response of the enamel to temperature (cold, heat), chemical (acidic, sweet), and mechanical stimuli. Pathology arises as a result of thinning of the top layer of the tooth, which leads to the exposure of dental tubules, which are the nerve processes. In contact with the damaged area acid or a sharply different temperature irritant, causing pain and discomfort. The reason for this disease can be too aggressive toothpastes that have whitening effect. These products contain large particles of abrasive and acid, which can lead to mechanical damage and thinning of enamel.
Calcium can leach out of the enamel and of natural causes. So, tooth enamel age is starting to dwindle. This is a natural physiological process, which begins after 40 years. The reason may be dental disease such as caries, wedge-shaped defect, erosion of tooth enamel, or increased attrition.
If the teeth have acquired a sensitivity, you need to go to the dentist and spend remineralization therapy and sanitation of the oral cavity. Should the enamel coating with a special compound that strengthens the upper layer of authority to fill shortage of calcium and fluorine.
How to choose cosmetics for sensitive teeth
The first manifestations of hypersensitivity to reduce the symptoms will help medical toothpastes marked as sensitive. Dentists advise to use a product containing components that are able to close the dentinal tubules, thus reducing sensitivity. The abrasiveness of such funds must be low enough (not exceeding 40 units) in order to prevent additional damage to the thinning of the enamel. In addition, the product must not be corrosive substances such as hydrogen peroxide, acids, synthetic dyes.
In toothpaste shall be of either fluoride or calcium to strengthen enamel. If present both elements, they become in salt and have no effect. Manufacturers, of course, know this, but wanting to please the customer, apply such a marketing move.
Toothpastes for sensitive teeth needs to contain at least one of the following ingredients:
- or potassium pyrophosphate. Reduce the susceptibility of the nervous processes in open dentinal tubules;
- chloride of strontium. Works in conjunction with fluoride occludes dentinal tubules;
- the hydroxyapatite. Identical in composition to tooth enamel. He, once in the tissue, restores and strengthens tooth;
- fluoride (sodium fluoride, amino) helps strengthen and restore tooth enamel. Amino is preferable, because it forms a film, which for a long time active fluoride continues to stand out and permeate the enamel.
The best toothpaste
In order for you do not stay at the counter at the store, getting a grasp on composition and quantitative characteristics of funds, we have compiled a list of the best toothpaste against sensitive enamel.
Top 12 toothpaste:
- «LACALUT Extra Sensitive». The manufacturer has included two ingredients that reduce susceptibility of the nervous processes. This acetate strontium chloride and potassium. Two component, sodium fluoride and amino mineralize thinned enamel. The fluorine content is equal to 1476 ppm, which carries the paste to the treatment;
- «PRESIDENT Sensitive». Discomfort is reduced because of the potassium nitrate. It reduces sensitivity of the nerves. Fluoride submitted by the fluoride of sodium and the amount of 1350 ppm. Hydroxyapatite will fill in the enamel of calcium, and makes it impermeable. The abrasiveness of the RDA means 25, which provides a gentle removal of plaque;
- «SENSODYNE F». Active substances in the paste are zinc citrate and sodium fluoride (1400 ppm). Pasta leaves indelible film around the tooth, thus protecting the dentinal tubules from stimuli;
- «Alpen Dent». Active ingredients sodium fluoride and a hydroxide of silicon. The tool has a desensitizing effect. Refers to whitening;
- «SILCA Complete Sensitive». A good German tool. Consisting of potassium citrate, compound sodium fluoride (1450 ppm) and urea. The first ingredient blocks the nerve processes, and the second strengthens the enamel. Urea eliminates acid, which corrodes the top layer of the body. The abrasiveness of the paste is 65 RDA;
- «LACALUT Sensitive». Included active ingredients is amino and sodium fluoride (1476 ppm). The tool is intended to strengthen the enamel and thereby to eliminate the pain. No compounds that remove sensitivity, therefore the effect of adoption is achieved more slowly;
- «Oral-B Sensitive Original». Contains hydroxyapatite and silica, which helps to strengthen the enamel and is good to clear away any soft plaque;
- «Rembrandt Sensitiv». The manufacturer has included potassium nitrate. It creates a protective film, and thus disappears the discomfort when eating acidic or sugary foods. In addition to reducing the sensitivity toothpaste has a bleaching effect;
- ROCS Sensitive. The main ingredient is calcium hydroxyapatite. It is identical to enamel, penetrating the structure, has a mineralizing effect. Pasta does not hide the problem, but eliminates its cause. Contains fine particles of abrasive which, according to the manufacturer, is able to bleach the tooth enamel on 1-2 pitch;
- «Asepta» Sensitive. In the ingredients, potassium and hydroxyapatite. They are able to reduce the sensitivity of teeth, enveloping them in a protective film. Allowed to use it for a long time, but additionally suggest to use a balm with fluorine;
- SPLAT «.». Product for hygiene is characterized by a calcium content and the presence of active components, allowing it to be absorbed. Can be used for a long time, which makes it popular among the people who are afraid of fluoridated means;
- Gel «PRESIDENT Sensitive plus». The product contains potassium nitrate 5% potassium monophosphate, which reduces sensitivity in a short time. The fluoride concentration of 1150 ppm. Gel make the application for 20 minutes after cleaning teeth.
It should be noted and paste that for the quantitative content of the active components are considered to be preventative rather than curative.
These include «Colgate for sensitive teeth». It is with good composition, but has a low rate of active substances. This same defect, and Blend-a-med Pro Expert. Fluorine in it too little to have an effect.
Pearls «for sensitive teeth». The ingredient that strengthens the enamel presented by monoftorfosfat. However, the fluoride is slowly decomposed into ions, which has the desired effect. But potassium citrate reduces sensitivity of the nerves.
Tips for use
The effect is noticeable immediately, after 4-9 days after the start of use. Manufacturers suggest after hygienic procedures 1-2 minutes to hold in your mouth, so that all components could go into an active state and to produce the desired effect.
Toothpaste for sensitive enamel should not be applied all the time, because they can hide serious dental disease. As soon as discomfort when eating passed, it is better to use fluoridated toothpaste with sodium fluoride, hydroxyapatite, amino. At the time of therapy it is recommended to use a toothbrush with soft bristles.
Pasta has a low rate of abrasion, therefore, it is not able to efficiently remove plaque, which gradually accumulates on the teeth. This is another argument in favor of applying the paste only courses and strictly indicated.
If you purchase means of hygiene for the whole family, it is better to take the one that strengthens the enamel.
Thus, to reduce the sensitivity of teeth paste can at the expense of the ingredients that block the nerve endings or strengthens and repairs tooth enamel. The first is noticeably faster, but it saves only for the period of use.