Toothpaste of bleeding gums: a medical
Toothpaste from bleeding gums — hygienic means which will help to cope with diseases of the oral cavity. Gingivitis and periodontitis accompanied by inflammatory phenomena in the tissues of the mouth are the centers of a chronic infection, leading to development of secondary diseases. Treatment of gum disease does the doctor periodontist or hygienist. Itching of mucous membranes and bleeding, bad breath, the appearance of tooth mobility, signs of dangerous diseases. If found, contact your dentist for proper treatment.
Identify the following diseases of the gums:
- Gingivitis is an inflammatory process involving the superficial tissue of the mucosa. The main reason for the development of the disease is the violation of hygienic care of the oral cavity. After eating, mouth are food particles. They create favorable conditions for the growth of pathogenic microorganisms. The waste products of microbes contribute to the thinning of the enamel and lead to tooth decay. If not timely clean teeth, soft microbial plaque is converted into a solid. It can only be tackled with the help of special equipment in dentistry. Hard deposits tightly attached to the enamel of the units, over time, become larger and spread under the gum. Stones injure the mucous, pathological microorganisms cause inflammation. Related causes of gingivitis: pregnancy, adolescence, the stage of menopause, breastfeeding, and endocrine diseases. Signs of gingivitis: pain, redness, swelling, bleeding, and friability of the mucous. There is increased tenderness of the teeth when consuming hot, cold drinks and food. Traces of blood remain on firm vegetables, fruits, toothbrush. In severe situations, bleeding appears spontaneously, without the participation of extraneous factors. Bad breath breaks the rhythm of life makes a person introverted and indecisive. Gingivitis is a dangerous complication. If not promptly get rid of the disease, it will develop into more serious disease — periodontitis;
- Periodontitis — inflammation of periodontal. The main reason for the development of disease — violation of hygienic rules. Related factors: endocrine disorders, vitamin deficiency, hormonal changes (pregnancy, breastfeeding, youth and old age, stage of menopause). Periodontitis is accompanied by increased mucous, soreness and bleeding, unpleasant smell from the mouth. The main difference between the periodontitis from gingivitis is the vastness of the inflammatory process and the appearance of periodontal pockets. They are formed between the gum and the neck of the teeth and delve into the roots. The pockets accumulate food particles and microorganisms, this leads to a permanent increase of the solid sediments and deepening of pathological formations. The atmosphere inside pockets are perfect for the growth and reproduction of pathological microflora. As a result of vital activity of microorganisms, periodontal tissues are destroyed, impair the ability of teeth to resist in the wells. As a result, there is abnormal mobility of the units. In the pockets formed by the accumulation of necrotic masses, which flow outwards with slight pressure on the mucous. If not promptly hold a dental treatment, the risk of complications. Periodontitis leads to: appearance of teeth mobility, and loss, abscess, phlegmon, sepsis.
- Periodontal disease — a disease that leads to atrophy of the mucous membranes and the bony tissue of the jaw. Malformation is bleeding, no signs of inflammation. Contributing reasons for the development are: genetic predisposition to disease, old age, cancer tumors.
Hygienists and periodontists successfully fighting the disease and are able to resist them with the help of modern equipment and drugs. The treatment at home without the advice of a specialist is dangerous and in most cases not effective.
Gingivitis and periodontitis, the diseases they face daily dentist. Since pathologies are a common cause of development, stages of treatment they are similar. The main task of the doctor is to carry out hygienic cleaning of the oral cavity at a professional level. It is carried out by means of: ultrasonic scaler, air — abrasive machine, special solutions, manual method. The removal of dental plaque is unpleasant, but not painful manipulation. Before the procedure, be sure to ask your doctor about a pregnancy, chronic diseases, allergic predisposition.
The stages of the hygienic cleaning:
- Inspection of the oral cavity;
- Removing the stones with special tools, ultrasound, unit Air Flow. If the stones are bulky and difficult to be removed before using the hardware method, using special chemical solutions. The drugs break down solid plaque, violate their integrity. After exposure to chemical compounds, solid deposits can be easily removed by using the apparatus.
- The handling and cleaning of teeth with special abrasive paste.
- Polishing units.
After the procedure, the person instantly feels the result and the improvement in well-being.
For the treatment of periodontal disease using surgical techniques: closed and open curettage, gingival flap operations. Treatments conducted by an experienced periodontist under General or local anesthesia. The goal of this manipulation is to eliminate all deep sediments, restoring the functionality of the retaining ligamentous apparatus. During radical operations carry out an incision in the gums and periosteum, bleeding cut handle, remove accumulated stones, in the treated cavity impose an artificial bone substitute material, sutured surgical field.
After treatment, there were positive results: improvement of the fit of the gums to the teeth, reducing their mobility, elimination of periodontal pockets.
After treatment of gingivitis and periodontitis, the dentist will appoint carrying out a course of home treatment. Should:
- Use a therapeutic rinse;
- Rubbed into mucous anti-inflammatory and regenerative gels and ointments;
- Clean the teeth with special brushes and pastes;
- To carry out the daily treatment of the mucous membranes of the oral irrigator.
In the treatment of periodontitis, the doctor will prescribe antibacterial drugs.
Hygiene — the way to health!
Toothpaste for bleeding gums — are an integral part of the therapy of gingivitis and periodontitis. They are used for:
- Removal of soft microbial plaque;
- Whitening of the enamel;
- Elimination of inflammatory processes in mucous membranes;
- Tissue regeneration.
In some hygienic equipment contains several compounds. Medicated toothpastes purchased in pharmacies and cosmetic stores. Before using the paste, read the composition and make sure there are no contraindications.
Components of therapeutic agent may be: propolis extract, green tea, ginseng, pine needles, aloe Vera, chlorhexidine, triclosan, pine oil, other herbal ingredients.
A list of available and effective hygiene from bleeding:
- Splat Professional «Likvum-Gel» — promotes elimination and splitting of the plaque. The paste guarantees the preservation of white teeth and protection against tooth decay. Part of the substance, Biosol, removes inflammation, prevents activation of pathogenic organisms.
- Toothpaste for gum Splat Professional «Medical Herbs (Medicinal herbs)» — has anti-inflammatory, krovoostanavlivajushchim, antibacterial, tonic effect.
- Professional Splat «Green Tea» — removes microbial plaque, reduces inflammation and bleeding, prevents tooth decay.
- Forest Balsam — budget and reliable toothpaste, which contains extracts of fir and oak. To improve the effect of treatment, dentists are advised to use the same rinse for the mouth.
- Lacalut «Aktiv» — a German drug company. Helps to cope with bleeding, eliminate inflammation, prevent the formation of caries and periodontal disease.
- Lacalut «White Edelweiss» — has an astringent effect, antiseptic and antioxidant effects.
- Paste from bleeding gums Colgate «Total Pro» — freshens breath, removes soft deposits, impurities, combats inflammation.
The therapeutic effect of drugs and hygiene with periodontitis and gingivitis is observed only after careful removal of dental plaque.
It makes no sense to use them to visit the dentist. The symptoms can be eliminated, but will resume again after discontinuation of the drugs.
You need to remember:
- Specialized toothpaste is not suitable for daily use, they are used in courses every 3 — 4 months;
- Hygiene products can cause allergic reactions. The appearance of dryness, burning, itching, rashes, cancel the tool, visit to the dentist;
- Bleeding from mucous membranes — an unfavorable sign, indicating the presence of the disease. Finding a dangerous symptom as early as possible will visit the dentist;
- Enter into the complex of hygienic procedures: use floss, the Waterpik mouthwash for the oral cavity. Carry out the manipulation necessary 2 times a day, not later than 30 minutes after a meal. On hygienic procedures take about 8 — 10 minutes;
To preserve the health of the oral cavity should: eat a healthy diet, to include in the diet fresh vegetables and fruit, to observe careful hygiene to visit the dentist every 6 — 7 months.