Transparent teeth: causes and treatment
Transparent teeth are common, which with age is observed in many people. Most of them, seeing this change start to panic, but the doctors do not consider this deviation to pathology, what’s more, many dentists believe it is almost the norm. Often transparent become perfectly healthy teeth that have never been ill and was not treated. So why do teeth become transparent, and what to do, noticing such a violation?
The cause of transparent teeth
The transparency of tooth enamel is primarily a cosmetic flaw, which is undoubtedly justified. However, in addition to external beauty, there is a medical explanation of why we should not lightly treat the problem. Enamel tends to thin over time: the older a person is, the more weak and vulnerable she becomes, is a natural process. However, if the teeth have become transparent sharply, it says the violations in the body, lack of vitamins and minerals. The main cause of transparent teeth is a serious thinning of the enamel and the lack of calcium in the body. In addition, experts identify several factors affecting the condition of the enamel and trigger thinning. So:
- Frequent diseases of the teeth and gums for example tooth decay, periodontitis, periodontitis, periodontal disease.
- A problem family, i.e. genetic predisposition.
- Improper oral hygiene: irregular brushing, improper brushing, for example, is too hard, toothpaste or powder with too large scouring particles.
- Excessive whitening at home. To use pastes, gels and other foods with this effect very carefully, clearly following the instructions. In any case, you cannot use them constantly, since almost all the compositions of the bleaching agents contain large amounts of abrasive substances, thanks to which achieves the desired result.
- Erosion from the acids contained in the saliva that occurs because of improper nutrition and abuse of sweet.
- Taking medications and antibiotics containing a large number of acids.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, including gastritis and ulcers.
- Bad ecology.
- Dry mouth and lack of saliva.
- The presence of a large number of soft plaque and Tartar, which block access of oxygen to the tissues of the tooth.
Often patients concerned about transparent tips of the teeth, but there are cases when the problem covers the entire area of the tooth. Thinning the teeth become more fragile, easy to damage: small enough load that they have split or cracked. In addition, the transparency of the teeth entails the consequences, such as tooth decay and increased sensitivity to sweet, sour, cold and hot. The treatment of such teeth is very difficult for the patient because the sensitivity exacerbates the pain, making the simplest dental procedures with torture for a man.
Ways to restore tooth enamel
If any dental problems need to seek a competent dentist. The sooner you do, the more likely it quickly and with minimal losses to cope with them. That’s why, having noticed that tooth enamel has become transparent, you need to make an appointment to see a doctor. He will conduct a thorough inspection of the oral cavity, determine existing problems, called causes, make a diagnosis and prescribe the appropriate treatment. To restore the enamel of the teeth there are several treatments. Needed to meet each of them in more detail in order to understand what they are. So:
- Fluoridation is a treatment by which the surface of the tooth enamel is covered with a special composition with a high content of fluorine. It is prescribed not only to combat existing problem, but also for prevention, to maintain dental health. In addition to the standard varnish coating of the teeth, dentists offer the procedure for application of recovery of the enamel. In this case, the individual casts are made, which are filled with a special compound and are located on the jaws on the principle of veneers. Such procedure is prescribed in cases when the enamel was badly damaged and completely thinned.
- Remineralization — a procedure involving treatment teeth vitamin composition that contains not only fluoride, but also calcium and other minerals. Treatment involves a course of treatments that can be performed in the dental clinic, where the composition is applied using a special equipment, and can be in the home. The patient needs to wear at night, a mouth guard filled with a special compound, which is made specifically for his teeth. Per night, ions of phosphorus, calcium and fluoride will saturate the depleted enamel. If transparent only the tips of the teeth, and the rest of the surface kept the usual color, you can resort to a more gentle procedure, when the enamel is covered with a protective lacquer once. The treated teeth will look bright and healthy.
For daily care it is recommended to use a toothpaste with a high content of fluoride and calcium.
- Implantation is assigned in cases where large areas of damaged enamel. During the procedure, teeth are treated with a special tool, chemical composition of which is similar to natural tooth tissues. After drying artificial material performs all the functions of the enamel. With the help of implants can correct other dental problems: adjust occlusion, shape, and color, to reduce hypersensitivity.
It is important to note that the treatment can only be a doctor, so before one or the other procedure need to consult with a specialist even if the diagnosis seems obvious.
Prevention of destruction of tooth enamel
Everyone dreams of healthy, strong teeth and white smile. In order to slow down the natural process of destruction of the enamel and maintain healthy teeth, you need to make certain efforts and take necessary measures. To reduce the risk of problems transparent teeth is possible if to observe some simple rules. So:
- After each meal it is recommended to brush your teeth or at least rinse your mouth. If this is not possible, then you need to remove the remains of food using dental floss and chewing gum.
- It is necessary to diversify the diet of hard fruits and vegetables — they can help to improve the quality of the enamel and is also rich in vitamins and minerals.
- As you know, sugar is bad for teeth, so for those who want to keep them healthy, it is better to eat sweets as little as possible, and better to completely eliminate them from my diet.
- Many believe that all of the pastas are about the same, but it is not. People who want to preserve the beauty of your smile, you should use quality foods rich in fluorine and calcium. In addition, it is important to brush your teeth and rinse your mouth with water immediately after the procedure, as it washes away the useful minerals that are contained in the paste. You must wait a few seconds for the minerals absorbed into the enamel.
- Whitening toothpaste adversely affect the status of the enamel, so it is best to avoid them altogether or use very rarely — no more than two approaches per year.
- Correctly chosen toothbrush is a very important factor. It should not damage the gums and be tough enough to cope with a touch. The most versatile is a brush with medium stiffness bristles. Dentists recommend you replace hygiene once in 3-4 months and pasta also need to be updated periodically, especially if it has healing or whitening effect.
- Avoid chewing gum, as most of them contain sugar and provoke the destruction of the seals. Use within 2-3 minutes they can be in the case when is not possible to fully clean the teeth after eating.
Thus, these recommendations are simple to implement and to follow them is not difficult. However, even assuming that the recommendations are fully respected, we should not neglect visits to the dentist. A routine inspection will help to early detect the problem and take the steps necessary to resolve it.