Treatment of cysts of the tooth with a laser: laser treatment, cyst removal
Cyst of the tooth — a phenomenon with which people face not so often, but this disease can still happen. The tumor around the tooth root can be dangerous because it constricts the lymphatic and blood vessels in the gums and also the nerve endings. Treatment of cysts of the tooth with a laser will help without surgery, after which the mucous membranes will be a long time to heal, to remove the tumor.
What is a cyst tooth
Tooth cyst — an abnormal tumor in the soft tissue of the gum around the tooth root, which has small size and oval shape. Inside this vial of white or yellowish color can be a liquid or a viscous mass. The cyst is dangerous because it is constantly filled with lymph and bacteria, its walls expand, and gum inflammation begins. If such a pathological tumor in time is not removed, the person loses the ability to properly chew due to severe pain, and there is a risk of tooth loss.
Why do I get cyst
The reasons for the appearance of a cyst a few:
|Mechanical injuries of the jaw or gums.||Mechanical injuries of the jaw and gums can be external, for example, impact with a heavy object and internal — the damage to the gums by a piece of glass or mollusk shells, walnut shell.|
|Complications from substandard dental procedures.||Poor dental procedure can also cause the appearance of cysts. For example, if the dentist incorrectly install the seal, or bad will clean the canals in the treatment of caries, gums may form a cyst that will quickly be filled with bacteria.|
|Infectious diseases of the oral cavity or upper respiratory tract.||Regarding infections of the oral cavity or upper respiratory tract, the bacteria that caused these illnesses with the bloodstream or limfatica can get into the gum tissue. Appears inflammation, around which gradually formed a seal — a cyst, which soon will be filled not liquid and viscous substance, consisting of dead skin cells and bacteria.|
|Pathological bookmark molars, in which the damaged tissue of the gums from the inside, and there is a risk of cysts.|
The symptoms of cysts of the tooth
To recognize the tooth cyst is difficult when the outside is still imperceptibly small seal milky or yellowish color, because its symptoms resemble teething or stomatitis:
- there is pain on the side of the jaw, where the tumor;
- due to unpleasant sensations a person can not normally chew;
- the gums become inflamed and increases in size;
- the person from the infected gums may swell because of disruption of lymphatic vessels.
With such symptoms you must contact your dentist, who after the external examination will be able to make a diagnosis.
Treatment of cysts of the tooth
To treat a cyst of the tooth in three ways:
Early in the formation of a cyst around the tooth root the tooth is either removed or the doctor spent the excision of the gum and removed the tumor. Upon mucous membranes long time to heal, to fresh wounds can be imposed infection and inflammation, so after the surgery needed rehabilitation. But the surgical method is still used in dental practice as soon as it will help in situations where the cyst has grown, and its contents are very viscous.
A therapeutic method of treatment of cysts of the tooth is used in cases when the reason for its formation was poor quality, a dental filling, an infection of the canals. Then the doctor does an autopsy on the inner part of the tooth is cleaned, the contents of the cyst, provides antibacterial medication and then closes the surface of the tooth seal.
Removal of cysts of the tooth with a laser is a relatively young procedure, which is a good alternative therapeutic method, it is often used today when removing such tumors.
More about laser treatment
Laser treatment of cystic tumors in the gums not so long ago appeared in the modern dental practice, but this technique is now used most often, as it has many advantages:
- the procedure is virtually painless, since the introduction of the laser are not affected the nerve endings so the patient enough local anesthesia;
- for the operation no need to excise large areas of the gums;
- after laser cyst removal recovery of the gum tissue takes place quickly, because the radiation gently stimulates blood flow in the gums, accelerating the regeneration;
- during the procedure the patient will lose blood because the laser does not damage the soft tissue;
- during laser therapy the patient fully retain the tooth;
- the laser allows to remove not only the cyst, but also to disinfect the space around it, and this will help to avoid recurrence of tumors;
- the risk of complications after this procedure are small.
The disadvantages of laser treatment are few:
- this procedure is not available in all dental clinics, as it requires special equipment and a trained specialist;
- laser removal is not suitable in those cases when the cyst is too large or the contents of the start hardening, that happens in old tumors;
- laser therapy is more expensive than other treatment methods;
- in the hands of the illiterate specialist the laser beam can cause burns of soft tissues of the gums.
Description of the procedure
Before the procedure is mandatory for diagnosis, including history taking (symptoms), visual inspection of the gums and x-ray. These measures help to clarify the diagnosis and correctly identify the location of cystic neoplasms.
Laser removal of cysts of the teeth starts with the dentist opens the patient a root canal, then it clears and expands. After the preparatory procedures inside of the extended channel enter a special thin tube laser. When the equipment is installed, the doctor the laser beam dries the cyst, or rather its contents, and also disinfects the space around it.
When the laser will drain the cystic tumor and kill the infection around the tooth root, the doctor removes the tube from the channel if necessary provides additional antibacterial medication and then closes the tooth filling.
For several days after laser treatment, the patient may feel discomfort in the gums when chewing or aching pain in the tooth, but these symptoms pass quickly, because the gum tissue after the procedure recover quickly. The tooth after laser treatment cyst looks the same as before the procedure, because during therapy did not need to remove even a small part of it.
Contraindications to laser removal
Contraindications for laser removal of cysts of dental root no, as the procedure is painless and does not cause severe damage. The only case where the patient is not recommended to use this type of treatment — the presence of malignant or benign tumors in the tissues of the face.
The laser light stimulates blood flow and cell division in the area of its impact, and it can be dangerous in that case, if the patient has tumors, because their cells will begin to divide even more, and the risk of new mutations in them will increase significantly.
Direct evidence that laser cyst removal can cause a deterioration in a patient with cancer — no, but based on the physiological aspect of procedures, the experts recommend to choose another method of treatment.
The cost of the procedure
Because of the increased comfort during the treatment, high efficiency, painlessness and fast regeneration treatment of cystic neoplasms of the laser will cost the patient significantly more expensive than medical or surgical. Price lists at dental clinics, the price of laser therapy in the range of 18-25 thousand rubles. But don’t be afraid, because the cost of the procedure already included:
- opening, cleaning and expansion of root channels (up to 5 thousand);
- the laser treatment itself (7-10 thousand);
- local anesthesia (1-3 thousand);
- the closure of the root canal after laser treatment (depending on the type of filling from 2 to 5-6 thousand).
Supplement may be only for additional anesthesia if the patient has increased sensitivity of the gums and one serving of anesthetic had no effect.
Laser therapy of cysts of the tooth allows you to safely and without harm to remove the tumor and save the patient’s tooth. This procedure has many advantages compared to other methods of treatment, and she has virtually no contraindications. The only drawbacks laser removal cysts are the most expensive procedure and not available anywhere.