Treatment of tooth decay: symptoms, signs, methods of removing
Caries – is a champion among the dental pathologies. He spares neither adults, nor children. According to dentists, they suffer more than 90% of the population of the globe. Recently, in connection with the emergence of a large number of substandard products, fast food, carbonated drinks, the disease is much younger. It affects many kids of preschool and younger school age.
Pathology can develop for quite a long time. And can occur instantly. Just 6 – 10 months, the process beginning from the stage of spot, completely invades the healthy tissues of the tooth. On the rate of development of disease is influenced by the following factors: overall health of the person, the quality of hygienic care for the oral cavity, the patient’s diet and much more.
Caries what is it? It is a pathological destruction of the tooth structure. Initially, the process affects only the enamel, and later destroys the dentine. At the final stage, the microorganisms completely destroys the tooth, engage in the process of nerve fiber.
Pathology in the early stages of development is not accompanied by painful symptoms, is only a cosmetic flaw. However, if left untreated, will later develop the classic symptoms of medium and deep tissue damage. She will be accompanied by pain and increased sensitivity.
How to get rid of unpleasant ailment? What to do with pathology, if it has occurred?
The answer is – immediately go to the experts. Treatment of dental caries occurs in virtually all dentists.
The reasons for the development of the disease
Many people wonder, why do I get cavities?
The question is quite complicated, still for this reason there are discussions, speculate. It is believed that anaerobic bacteria Streptococcus mutans, the microorganism causing the disease. She processed sucrose into lactic acid. An acidic environment adversely affects the enamel and gradually erodes it, making it vulnerable. Pathological bacteria are present in the mouth of all people. However, the disease develops quite selectively. This occurs in connection with the presence of additional factors.
During the formation of caries, the causes can be varied:
- The implementation of poor hygiene. It is a crucial component, which causes cavities. Favorable environment for the progression of the process, is the use of refined foods and carbohydrates. To reduce the risk of disease, it is necessary to remove soft plaque 2 times a day, using a toothbrush. It is recommended to use floss to clean interdental spaces. Pharmacies sell mouthwash for the oral cavity. They have excellent preventive and antiseptic. If the person is not concerned about his mouth, eventually he gets hard plaque and interdental stones. They are impossible to remove at home. In this case, need expert help. Abnormal formations are food particles, with a large number of bacteria that adhere tightly to the enamel and start the carious process. You need to remember that dental plaque is not only a visual flaw, but first and foremost, a chronic source of infection;
- In diseases of tooth decay is developing at lightning speed. In a healthy person with good immune system, the chance to get instant development of the disease is much lower. Pathology of organs and systems lead to metabolic disorders in cells and tissues. Adversely affect the health of teeth and gums;
What causes tooth decay
- The cause may be nutritional lack of vitamins. Improper diet is a contributing factor of disease. In order to reduce risk, it is necessary to drink plenty of vegetables, fruits and herbs. Enrich your diet with meals containing calcium. If necessary, the appointment of a specialist you can use the tabletting kinds of vitamins;
- Common causes caries — the wearing orthopedic and orthodontic structures. But it’s not in crowns, bridges and braces. This is related to the fact that people using these devices need more careful approach to the implementation of the hygiene procedures. Poor care leads to the fact that teeth stuck food particles, plaque is deposited, the probability of destruction by microorganisms, in this case, immediately increases;
- Belonging to the floor. Seen in women pathology occurs more frequently in pregnancy, breast-feeding, during menopause.
- The causes of tooth decay in adults and children, can thrive in an insufficient volume of saliva and increased its viscosity. The human body has protective mechanisms. The saliva contains a special enzyme, lysozyme. He is a strong antibacterial agent. Today there are drugs that contain lysozyme. One of the most famous is Lizobakt.
- If, as a result, any factors, the amount of saliva fluid decreases, it becomes more viscous and worse to cope with antiseptic properties. As a result, bacteria multiply at a faster pace.
The disease can develop on any surface of the tooth: the crown, of fissures and grooves, the cervical part, in the interdental spaces. If you have found pathology, caries treatment at the dentist is now.
The main tasks of dental practitioner:
- Detection and treatment of caries at an early stage;
- Treatment of medium and deep lesions;
- Treatment of complications: pulpitis, periodontitis, periostitis.
In addition, the specialist engaged in the prevention of disease. He will tell you what get rotten. Advise the patient to use special toothpaste, mouthwash. Will also hold discussions on how to carry out daily hygiene.
Stage tissue damage
Tooth decay happens gradually. There are the following stages:
- Spot. This is the initial stage of the disease. The disease doesn’t manifest itself. There are no pain symptoms of tooth decay. Patients have no complaints. Stage characterized by the appearance of enamel white spots. They rarely pay attention to people. In most cases, the abnormality is detected at prophylactic examinations. Treat dental cavities with minimal losses, you can only at this stage.
- The first stage. Microorganisms gradually affect healthy tissue. The surface form, is not accompanied by unpleasant sensations. Only some of the people complaining about the signs of tooth decay. Pain can occur when eating sweet, hot and cold food and drinks. Running process already affects the enamel, begins to form the cavity.
- The third stage. Average caries clearly visible. It can easily detect any person. The disease affects not only the enamel. But it also affects deeper-lying dentine. The cavity is a dark colour. The pain can begin when injected into the cavity food. It disappears if the mouth thoroughly rinsed. At this stage it is difficult to treat because the tissue dentin is quite close to nerve fibers of the dental roots.
- The fourth stage. The symptoms of caries are amplified: can form large carious cavity, tooth is completely gone the unit, there is pain. When nerve damage develops pulpitis. In this case, the pain may start for no apparent reason and have a paroxysmal character. They do not cease even for a minute, only slightly dulled after taking painkillers. If not promptly cure the pulpitis, you will have to fight periodontitis.
How is tooth decay
The process can be primary and secondary. Secondary pathology may occur after poor-quality treatment. In most cases, the culprit are illiterate dental actions. In the treatment, you need to completely get rid of the affected tissue. If this is not done within 6 -12 months, it may cause a relapse. The seal will fall out around it is found the diseased cavity.
Complications of improper treatment: pulpitis, periodontitis, abscess, cyst, granuloma.
The process begins in children develops very quickly. This is due to the fact that enamel dental units for kids is much thinner than adults. Sometimes you can see a horrifying picture of when the baby smiles black semi rotten teeth.
What to do with tooth decay if it occurred in a child
Parents need to remember that the disease of the oral cavity, is a constant source of infection. He is the cause of disease in permanent teeth. Can be the culprit for the development of pathological bite. The baby faces the emergence of chronic pain, in connection with the development of pulpitis and periodontitis. At the first signs of the disease, immediately contact with your baby to the dental clinic.
Moms and dads should carefully monitor the implementation of the hygiene procedures of their children. Learn to brush your teeth from infancy. Cultivate the right skills to care for their body and then the disease will pass to your baby party.
How to get rid of the decay on the teeth in a particular case, you will tell the doctor.
Detection of pathology. Methods of struggle
Tooth decay — how to define it?
Make it pretty easy. Already in the stage of spots, the affected area clearly visible to the experienced eye of a dentist. On examination the doctor uses a dental mirror, probe, cold air and the sample. In dental caries symptoms may depend on the level of tissue damage and presence of degree of sensitivity individually of the body.
Primary and secondary extent of injury, clearly visible by visual inspection. To clarify the depth and extent of injury, used x-ray methods.
In the treatment, the specialist applies a special test markers. It is a completely harmless method which indicates the presence of abnormal tissue.
How to cure tooth decay
- How to stop caries in stage of spot?
The disease responds well to correction, it can be cured without the use of a drill. Therapy is absolutely painless. The dentist performs the restoration of enamel with the help of applications. It helps to stop or completely cure process. For these purposes, use 10% calcium gluconate solution.
Before the procedure, the doctor sure spends removing plaque and dental deposits. Cleans teeth with a special paste. The affected tooth is treated with a solution of hydrogen peroxide. Is the draining surface. Impregnated with calcium gluconate swabs are placed on the tooth for 20 minutes. Every 5 minutes, the technician removes the old swipe and change them with new ones. In the coming time, the dentist puts the final application with sodium fluoride for 5 minutes. The number of treatments is about 15 -20. The number is determined by the dentist. After all the sessions, the tooth is covered with fluoride varnish.
Fluoridation of the teeth is used not only for adults but also for children. This is a great alternative to silver. However, the cured tooth decay by this method, should be under the supervision of a specialist.
In addition to these treatments, the dentist may advise their patients to use home hygiene products. This toothpaste: Vivax Dent, Elmex, ApaCare, Lacalut. Special gels: R. O. C. S. Medical Minerals, Amazing White Minerals, Vivax Dent. Dental caries, treatment should be complex. You need to take care not only about teeth but also the gums.
- Is it possible to cure tooth decay without using a drill on the second and third stages of development?
The answer is no! If the process has already hit the surface of the enamel, there is a need for more radical methods. There will not be without the use of a drill. To learn how to treat caries in dentistry, read the article further.
The doctor performs the dissection, drilling and removal of all the pathological formations. Leave only healthy tissue. Forms the cavity, carefully handles it. Imposes a medical bandage and restores the tooth form using modern materials. The last step is correction of the bite, grinding, polishing healthy tooth unit. For the treatment can be applied to glass ionomer cements and composites.
Therapy is carried out with application isolation of tooth from saliva. This is an important aspect of the work of the dentist. To achieve this goal are used: cotton, gauze balls, rubberdam. The dentist is very important to restore the contact point between the teeth. For this purpose: matrix and wedges.
- Deep lesions in most cases accompanied by pulpitis. In order for a dental unit has regained health, you must first treat the root canals. Only then, you can perform further actions on elimination of the cavity.
There are several known methods of treatment of dental caries. Preparation of medium and deep lesions, should be carried out under local anesthesia. Modern anesthetics are safe and have high efficiency. Low immunity and physical illness — the causes of caries. Therefore, it is necessary to conduct comprehensive treatment by eliminating the source of problems.
Are treated at home
Is it possible to get rid of self? How to remove tooth decay without visiting a specialist?
These issues are often raised by the people. For self-treatment sometimes use a very aggressive media. In the end, the disease cannot be cured, but there is a lot of complications. Unreasonable methods of treatment of caries can cause death. With the development of caries how to get rid of it should be decided by the doctor.
How to cure tooth decay impossible:
- Abrasive means. Removal of pathological tissues, some people use sandpaper, nail files, scouring powder for stoves and baths. This is a very dangerous way. Such procedures lead to the fact that the removed natural tooth enamel. He becomes completely defenseless against the environment. The carious process begins to develop at an accelerated pace;
- Sharp objects such as needles, pins, knives and scissors. In this case, as in the first, injured tissues of the enamel. May even people clean the cavity from visible black dots, but inside the dental unit will still be the affected area. Remember, the qualitatively to treat the tooth at this stage can only be a dentist.
- Acids and alkalis. In order to whiten dark spots, people are able to go at all. They treat the surface with hydrogen peroxide, rinse your mouth with acids and alkalis. But the disease that they don’t stop. In addition, they have dramatically increased the risk of burns of the oral cavity and respiratory tract. Very high possibility of poisoning.
- It is also impossible to rinse your mouth with vodka and horseradish. It’s a very unpleasant procedure can’t hurt, but it certainly will not help;
It is not necessary to self-medicate, it is very painful and inefficient. Dental caries, what to do, tell the doctor. Entrust your priceless health specialist. He will diagnose and develop a treatment plan.
If the disease is only at the stage of spots, the doctor will suggest methods of remineralization enamel and prescribe special toothpaste and gels. A person learns how to fight tooth decay safely at home.