Types of prostheses: which is better, price, reviews
As often as treatment, dentists treated and prosthetics. We describe the currently existing types of prostheses, which one is better, the prices and the reviews of the people.
Tooth loss is not only an aesthetic nuisance. From their insufficient number in the oral cavity affects the gums, deformed gradually, and also the stomach, which gets not completely shredded food.
Types of prostheses and their classification
Depending on the number and location of missing teeth, condition of remaining units, the presence of gum problems and many other details, and choose the appropriate type of prosthesis. In modern dentistry, there are a large number of them, and the choice is not only for the doctor but by the patient. Distinguish the General group of prostheses that differ in the method of fastening and the possibility of withdrawal. This:
Most of them are just not restore proper operation, but also return the aesthetically neat appearance.
Dentures are different in that the artificial teeth are mounted on a plate which can be removed and installed at any convenient time for the person. They are used in a complete loss of the upper teeth or lower row. In this case, just mimic the jaw as a whole, trying to replicate the natural anatomical shape.
Depending on the material from which they are made, and the structure itself, removable dentures are of the following varieties:
- Made of acrylic plastic – one-piece plate to create the curved shape of the artificial teeth on them. It’s pretty cheap and simple options simulation of the dentition, is often used when the loss of a large number of units. Their operation is fairly simple and the cost is accessible to many people in need of prosthetics.
- Nylon – similar in design and method of application with acrylic, but have a number of advantages and disadvantages. Such a record can be removed at night, the discomfort it causes. But during chewing, the deformation of the prosthesis over time, high load, and sometimes hurt the gums in the area of regional teeth.
- Clasp dentures – the most modern and high quality made of expensive and durable materials. They are not just comfortable and aesthetically pleasing, but also able to restore the anatomic form of the tooth. Price bugela high, but their use is more reliable and durable. In addition, this method of prosthesis can be used in the loss of any number of dental units from one to a whole number, as in the case of adentia.
There is also conditionally removable prosthesis and dentures on suckers, but they are not particularly popular.
Fixed structures help to recover lost units with the artificial teeth so that the prosthesis had to be removed, fixed and further processed. They are installed in case of partial absence of teeth, when you need to restore only a single unit or several pieces.
Features of their production that tried to imitate the form and color, and position of natural teeth, so they are not different from the healthy, even in the oral cavity. The design options depend on the selected material and the types of prosthesis:
- Crowns are used to replace one or two units, trying to adapt to the anatomical features surrounding healthy teeth.
- Bridges – a more sophisticated design. In fact, these are the same crowns is only designed for recovering from multiple dental units in a row. Attach bridges to adjacent teeth to esthetically attractive and natural shape. These devices are reliable and durable. Depending on the material of which they are doing, will depend on price, and appearance, and duration of usage. Thus, the plastic bridges are set only temporarily and they are cheaper than the others. But zirconium can serve up to 15 years and even longer.
- Veneers are thin plates that are attached directly to the teeth. They are often used to restore the integrity of the dentition, but rather to correct light defects – dark enamel, nadkoly, malocclusion, etc.
But if we talk about implants, they can be treated as a removable type of prosthetics, and retained. In this case, recreating not only the tooth but also its root, setting the simulation to embedded in the gums pin. Most often, implants are used as an alternative to fixed prosthetics.
What is better to put dentures?
The condition of your teeth and mouth, as well as the number of lost units will depend on the choice of the prosthesis. The dentist will always offer you the options that it is advisable to install in your case. The description of each scenario suggests that, in some situations it is more convenient to use one of them.
So, if you lost all dental units in the jaw, it is best to use a solid plate in a removable version. It will be cheaper and more convenient. In addition, these prostheses are easy care, which can be cleaned from the remnants of food each tooth.
If to speak about the advantages and disadvantages of fixed dentures, it is important to remember their high price, the likelihood of an allergic reaction to the metals and the inability to completely remove food debris. The care of such prostheses is reduced to normal brushing and rinsing.
But precisely fixed options ideal at loss of several or even a single tooth. In addition, they are the most comfortable, natural, do not cause discomfort in the mouth, and rarely what is the difference from your natural teeth. Their fixation is quite durable, and the materials used are of the highest quality.
Video: about the types of dentures says specialist Cmin.
Different regions and dentistry, especially the private ones, offer a wide range of prices. We will try to identify the average cost for each prosthesis:
- The cheapest – plastic clip design – can do 6,000 rubles for the whole jaw.
- Nylon price starts from 15 thousand.
- Clasp dentures – the most expensive and their cost depends on the specific mounting and material. But because the price can vary from 20 to 50 thousand rubles.
- If you talk about permanent structures, one crown out of metal will cost you 1000 rubles and to 15, and from ceramics 20 thousand.
- Prices for bridges and implants are directly dependent on the number of units on which it is installed. Implants cost 20000 – 30000 rubles on average apiece.
Also plays an important role and the material constituting the prosthesis. Obviously, a bridge or an implant using pure ceramics, and especially gold, will be much more expensive than plastic or simple metal analogue.
Related article: fixed or removable dentures — which is better?
«Because I needed to replace only one missing tooth, I agreed to a simple crown. Relatively simple, so they decided to put ceramics and to pay the appropriate price. Happy with the result, as the tooth looks identical to the others and stands out. I do not feel any discomfort.»
«The dentist I was advised to install the denture. Its convenience is incomparable. Better can be only his natural teeth! I take it off at night and clean as usual. It is absolutely not noticeable that there is a prosthesis.»
«My father already fell out all the teeth from the upper jaw and some lower. At the bottom he even saved implants, but on the upper jaw uses just a plastic prosthesis. After all, to put the implants very expensive for each tooth, and the plate is convenient and cheap.»
«Because I don’t have the ability to purchase expensive clasp dentures or implants put, I ordered the usual removable plastic. Looks pretty neat, just long to get used to it it is necessary. And I also like the fact that this will not have any allergies».
«I had to set the bridge twice. The first time I chose the cheap clinic, and the prosthesis came off after six months. More expensive I liked the fact that the procedure was performed quickly, neatly and painlessly, and appearance better. And most important – keeps their bridge. So don’t skimp on these things!»
«My doctor has recommended to make the nylon teeth. It is more expensive than plastic, but much more convenient. Less occupy space, does not cause discomfort, I have it, even the night do not remove».
«I was worried about the teeth they have lost, but look very unattractive. And this is the front unit. The doctor advised to install some sort of prosthesis – veneers. It turned out to be very convenient and now my smile is no different from the natural, and the defects are completely hidden».