Ulcers on tonsils without fever and with her treatment
Ulcers on the tonsils – evidence of infectious lesions of these organs. The disease can occur without fever, and with her.
In this article we will explain how the treatment of ulcers on the tonsils and describe their causes and main symptoms. Not less important is information about prevention.
The structure and location of tonsils
For a full understanding of the specifics of the disease it is necessary to detail the characteristics of the structure of the tonsils. They are clusters of lymphatic tissue and are part of the body’s defense system.
Located in the throat and only six of them. They are:
- Palatine (second name – glands);
- pharyngeal and lingual.
Palatine and tubal tonsils – paired organs, while the pharyngeal and lingual – rare. Together they form the so-called lymphoid ring.
As already mentioned, the amygdala is a protective barrier to infections and bacteria towards the human body, and since they are the initial barrier, and suffer accordingly, more and more often.
In fact, the ulcers on the tonsils is not a disease, it is merely a symptom of other diseases that affect a person’s throat (tonsillitis, pharyngitis or tonsillitis).
During these diseases on almonds, you may receive a single ulcer, or there may be a larger number. They come in different sizes and shapes that depend on the characteristics of the structure of the tonsils and the nature of their defeats. The temperature may be may be missing altogether.
Ulcers are white or light yellow color. Regarding their location: can be located in the folds of the body and then see their only doctor.
The appearance of ulcers on the tonsils causes the patient some discomfort, which is associated with difficulty in eating, permanent pain, repulsive odor from the mouth.
Why throat pus appears? The fundamental cause is bacteria streptococci, staphylococci and other harmful microorganisms. Their active life is facilitated by the following factors:
- the General weakening of the immune system;
- diseases of other organs of the nasopharynx and oral cavity;
- local or General hypothermia.
This is one of the symptoms of more serious diseases of ENT-organs – quinsy and its forms of chronic tonsillitis.
- tonsillitis – an inflammatory lesion of the upper tonsils, often referred to as acute tonsillitis. And triggered by viruses and bacterial activity. At the same purulent lesions appear only with two types of angina – follicular and lacunar. It should be noted that patients often in both forms simultaneously.
- lacunar tonsillitis — the tonsils appear whitish or yellow plaque, which is collected in her the crypts (gaps). They represent a «funnel» on the surface of bodies. Ulcers formed in these holes, you can go beyond them and blend together. Often, doctors see the tonsils completely covered with a purulent coating, which is quite easily removed, but without proper treatment quickly reappears;
- follicular angina is accompanied by redness and swelling of the glands with the subsequent emergence of clear pustules of small size, they can be yellow or white in color, independently opened;
- chronic tonsillitis — a disease has a dual nature. On the one hand, it is caused by infection, and on the other an allergic reaction (autoimmune inflammation), in this case tonsils with a protective barrier to infection turn into its source. Especially their structure and arrangement contribute to the development in them of microorganisms, including harmful. Autoimmune inflammation is due to the fact that the immune system finds in the tonsils the source of the infection and attacks it. The disease spills over into the chronic form, the development process which changes the structure of the bodies themselves, and they are increasingly exposed to diseases. Ulcers on the tonsils are found with an obvious periodicity and the size in this case is not an important symptom, as they may be normal in size and at the same time affected with chronic tonsillitis.
The pustular symptoms of the tubes depend on the nature of the disease which they caused.
► Purulent tonsillitis there are the following symptoms:
- High fever (38 to 40 degrees).
- Severe pain when swallowing. The process of eating is often disturbed by painful feelings.
- The patient experiences chills.
- The excessive secretion of sweat.
- General weakness of the body, pain in the muscles.
- Disorders of the digestive system, nausea.
► In chronic tonsillitis, accompanied by purulent plugs, no high temperature. Ulcers are not always tangible and visible, but appear constantly, which causes disorders of the body. Characterized by the following signs:
- Bad smell from the mouth.
- Stinging in the throat during eating.
- Typical taste in my mouth.
- The foreign body feeling in the throat.
During periods of exacerbation of chronic tonsillitis, the symptoms are more like the flow of purulent tonsillitis. Pain in the throat, chills, and General weakness of the body, headaches. The temperature is in the area of 37-37,5 degrees for a long time.
Ulcers on the tonsils and their treatment
Treatment depends on the characteristics of the flow and the diagnosis of the underlying disease. Thus, the treatment of purulent angina or acute tonsillitis is conservative methods, which eliminate infection and intoxication of the organism.
If the ulcers on the tonsils are without temperature, so there is a chronic tonsillitis. In this case, the doctor will recommend to remove the tonsils.
In children the treatment takes place with minimal use of antibiotics, while these drugs meet minimum the risk of intoxication.
Antiseptic in the form of sprays is also contraindicated. Local therapy is in the treatment of ulcers on the tonsils with the help of gentle antiseptics. All steps must be carried out by a doctor or following his recommendations.
Video: plaque and ulcers on the tonsils and the tonsils.
Self-treatment of purulent diseases of the throat is not recommended in any form of the disease is caused by high risk of complications, which primarily affect the heart and kidneys. The most dangerous to leave without medical supervision of a person with chronic tonsillitis. The frequent appearance of pus on the tonsils you need to see a doctor.
Conservative forms of treatment are carried out with the help of medications mostly antibiotics, which have an impact on the source of the disease. Their use minimizes the possibility of complications.
In addition, your doctor may prescribe drugs that eliminate the symptoms. These include drugs with analgesic and antipyretic activity. To combat intoxication and to enhance immunity vitamin complexes, and for local applications best suited gargling with antiseptic solutions.
To remove the ulcers on the tonsils using antibiotics is the most common means. Doctors recommend to use not too strong, but effective drugs based on penicillin, are taken inside.
These include: amoxicillin flemoksin and others. More about them needs to tell the doctor. In more severe cases, he prescribes intramuscular use of azithromycin, for example.
- To eliminate temperature and pain prescribe Aspirin, Ibuprofen or Paracetamol.
- Gargle using antiseptic solutions: Furatsilinom, Miramistin.
- For topical application suitable sprays: Geksoral, Ingalipt.
- Effective sucking lozenges with antiseptic, calming and analgesic effect (Faringosept, Strepsils, I have).
Conservative methods of treatment using these agents is carried out in the case of acute course of the disease. If there is a chronic form that is used in therapy and surgery methods.
Now remove the tonsils (tonsillectomy) is less, because even badly damaged bodies continue to perform a protective function. Modern methods of medical treatment has gone far ahead and allow to cure chronic tonsillitis without the intervention of a surgeon.
If conservative methods still have not yielded positive results, the patients organs are removed.
- The operation is carried out in the ENT Department, and happens quite quickly.
- Tonsillectomy is performed using local anesthesia. If an operation is needed to make the child, the doctor may use General anesthesia.
- Postoperative rehabilitation takes 3-7 days. To strengthen the immune system vitamin complexes and a healthy diet.
Therapy is with antibiotics and antiseptic agents, vitamin complexes and physiotherapy. Antibiotics are prescribed only after analyzing smears taken by a doctor from the tonsils. Depending on the type of microorganisms assigned to a course of appropriate drugs, taking into consideration its effectiveness and toxicity.
- antiseptics treat throat at home, to do this, use sea salt in the ratio of 1 teaspoon per Cup of water;
- of drugs widely used solutions furatsilina and miramistina;
- antiseptics can be used in the form of tablets;
- often used Lugol solution with propolis or glycerol;
- if therapy is conducted in the hospital, then irrigation of the throat with antiseptics by means of a special syringe.
In chronic tonsillitis patients «funnel» in the tonsils sealed with the help of herbal mixtures that prevent relapse. Physiotherapy is also widely used , the doctor prescribes a treatment laser, magnetic, UHF.
To treat ulcers on the tonsils it is possible and traditional methods, but only after consultation with your doctor. To eliminate the need to rinse your mouth with solutions of soda and of iodine. Recipe tools: 0.5 teaspoon of baking soda and salt mix in a glass of water and add a few drops of iodine.
After several rinses, the number of ulcers should decrease, if it does not, then they need to be removed physically using a special spatula.
- He wound up on sterile bandages, pre-wetting it with any antiseptic solution (furatsilin, glycerin).
- Stand before a mirror and with a spatula push the plot purulent tube.
- Gradually increase effort until the tube will not work.
- Upon completion of this procedure, you should rinse a throat with an antiseptic solution.
Video: pus plugs in the tonsils — what to do? Meets Dr. Zaitsev.
Feeding habits during the appearance of ulcers should match to strengthen the body and improve the vitamin balance. Be aware that during the illness the patient has hampered the process of swallowing.
- food should be liquid or semi-liquid, warm, rich in vitamins and nutrients;
- necessarily need every day to get a portion of proteins of animal origin;
- eat fresh vegetables and fruits;
- should avoid eating too salty or spicy food – it can damage the already weak throat;
- the patient should take a number of warm drinks, suitable for tea, juice, warmed milk with honey.
Ulcers on the tonsils and their appearance can be prevented if you adhere to the following guidelines:
- strengthen the body’s immune system;
- try to avoid too frequent exposure;
- get yourself checked regularly to dentists and otolaryngologists;
- do not allow the presence of constant sources of infection in the mouth. Time to treat caries, sinusitis, stomatitis.
Prevention requires regular treatment with antiseptic agents. Of particular importance is the use of vitamin complexes, and rinsing the mouth with solutions of sea salt.
► How to remove an abscess from the tonsils?
Doing it yourself is not recommended, but if you can not get professional help at the hospital, you will need a solution of salt, soda and iodine to gargle with. If after rinsing, the number of ulcers has not decreased, you will have to squeeze out the pus with a spatula wrapped in a bandage, and processed antiseptic (furatsilin). With the help of this tool click on the area under the abscess until it is extruding.
► Are there abscesses?
Yes, sometimes they are alone, but if you do not take any treatment, the disease can affect other organs and systems, because the presence in the oral cavity inflammatory focus very negatively affects the functioning of the whole organism.