Ultrasonic teeth cleaning: professional, hygienic
Today there are many ways to get rid of various dental problems, one of which is ultrasonic teeth cleaning. To keep our teeth healthy, you must correctly follow oral, respecting all hygienic rules. Because as you know, when a person in the absence of satisfactory arrangements for care of teeth there is a RAID, it becomes the primary cause of reproduction in the oral cavity, various microorganisms, which in turn provoked the emergence of many dental diseases and even weaken the immune system. The house is most likely not possible to fully cope with plaque. In such cases, the ideal solution and becomes the ultrasonic teeth cleaning.
In some cases, entitled ultrasonic dental cleaning
Daily hygienic procedures help a person to get rid of only a variety of soft fabrics. As for the hard deposits, Tartar and food debris that get into places where ordinary brush can not reach, without the help of a qualified doctor can not do here. Just visiting the dentist’s office can completely eliminate the problems with their teeth.
A specialized doctor will conduct a thorough inspection of the oral cavity of the patient and will appoint a professional cleansing. Currently one of the most common and effective methods of brushing your teeth is a procedure that is carried out by ultrasound. Through home and professional hygienic procedures of the oral cavity to completely protect ourselves from various diseases and have a beautiful, white smile.
No matter whether the person eats and the more it does not matter how often he performs oral hygiene. In any case, the teeth are exposed to plaque. This plaque is a soft film of food remnants and a variety of microorganisms, spreading throughout the mouth. It is an ideal medium for the growth of pathogenic bacteria, caries and many other dental ailments.
After some time, plaque begins to harden and turns into Tartar. In such cases, the microbes begin to multiply twice as fast, contributing to the destruction of not only the teeth enamel, but also their design. Then a person there are small slits between the teeth, where, after every meal stuck leftovers. If a person is abusing alcohol based drinks or smokes, clinic of the disease is aggravated.
Plaque increases in size, contributing to the onset of gum disease, periodontitis and caries. Then, the person starts to stink from the mouth, and the enamel acquires darker shades. Today similar problems exist in many people.
Hygienic teeth cleaning by ultrasound is the most common and popular procedure, which can be used by almost anyone. With the help of teeth cleaning by ultrasound it is possible to prevent serious illnesses of the oral cavity.
It should be noted that to do a professional dental cleaning is recommended at least once a year and then you don’t have to worry about the health of the oral cavity, because often it is from the teeth is the development of almost all dental problems.
What is ultrasonic cleaning
Dentists have long practiced the removal of Tartar. First, for these purposes used a special mechanical cleaning, which is characterized by pain. She was replaced by other methods of tooth brushing, e.g., chemical, which also had the side effect symptoms in patients allergic reactions and increase the sensitivity of the tooth enamel. Therefore, when the ultrasonic cleaning, it has saved patients from many unpleasant moments when performing dental cleanings. In addition, the main advantages of this procedure include the fact that thanks to her the doctor can get to anywhere in the oral cavity, where quite often the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms and the accumulation of food residue.
So, what is professional teeth cleaning with ultrasound and how often to do it? If in a few words, it is a procedure that is performed using special medical equipment — scalera. This device generates ultrasonic vibrations with a frequency of twenty thousand cycles, which clean the teeth and mouth from bad bacteria, Tartar and other problems. The procedure itself is painless and does not cause patients any discomfort. Carry out the cleaning by ultrasound up to three times a year, but this is enough to keep our teeth healthy and strong throughout this time.
The principle of performing ultrasonic cleaning
Now is the time to learn how to do a professional dental cleaning with ultrasound:
- Through ducts scaller to the dentition of the patient enters the water, protecting them from high-frequency ultrasound and possible overheating. The ultrasonic waves destroy the hard deposits and plaque
- After that, the dentist thoroughly cleans the teeth from plaque and soft plaque. The procedure is performed with special care not to damage tooth enamel. The whole procedure is fast enough and doesn’t produce any side effects. In order for the hygienic cleaning of the teeth gave more positive results, that is was more effective, the doctor examines the individual characteristics of the patient, and then performs the selection of the vibration frequency and intensity of water flow. In rare cases, the patient applied to the teeth gel, promote the efficiency of purification
- In the process of the procedure the attending doctor explains to the patient all their actions, and after its completion gives a number of recommendations to prevent the development of Tartar and tips on proper care of the oral cavity
- If the case is complex, the specialist may appoint not one, but two or three treatments for ultrasonic cleaning of teeth. In this regard, to teeth cleaning by ultrasound was held at a high level, after its completion, the doctor uses special equipment — Air Flow. With the help of this device, the doctor sends to the tooth surface of the patient air pressure with water and sodium carbonate powder. Due to this cleansing of the teeth is several times more effective as Air Flow cleaning is carried out even in those places where he failed to clear the ultrasound. In addition to cleansing this method brings other positive results. For example, it is perfectly polishes and whitens teeth. Upon completion of the procedure the patient in the near future there is increased sensitivity of tooth enamel, but soon all goes unnoticed. On this basis, to treat problematic teeth, install implants, put on braces and other dental procedures can be performed only after several days after cleaning.
Who is recommended ultrasonic cleaning
As a rule, if the person has complex plaque or Tartar, it is absolutely contraindicated in prosthesis. In this regard, before proceeding with serious medical treatment, a dentist is assigned to ultrasound oral and professional dental hygiene, that is, hygienic teeth cleaning with ultrasound. It is possible to protect yourself from complications and to expedite the treatment of such dental diseases as caries or periodontal disease. Hygienic cleaning of the teeth enables to perform a filling.
Modern dental cleaning promotes rapid clearing of shaky pockets and channels, which significantly facilitates the treatment of the disease. In addition, cleansing of the teeth in dentistry reduces the risk of pathogenic and infectious microorganisms after the removal of teeth. In such cases, patients learn about the excellent results of ultrasonic teeth cleaning. The same people who are constantly monitored so that their oral cavity was healthy, undergo this procedure, even several times a year.
Often cleansing with ultrasound is done in conjunction with other dental procedures, in particular with the polishing or whitening of the teeth, and also coated with protective films and fluoridation.
Quite often, after completion, the technician assigns the patient a complex of therapeutic measures to eliminate the inflammatory processes of the gums.
In some cases, you can still do professional cleaning? The most common situations in which a person can do ultrasonic cleaning are the following problems:
- bleeding and the development of inflammatory processes of the gums;
- unpleasant smell from the mouth;
- increased sensitivity of tooth enamel;
- dental diseases such as periodontitis and caries.
Advantages and disadvantages of the procedure
As mentioned above, there are types of cleansing the teeth as chemical, mechanical and ultrasonic. But ultrasonic teeth cleaning at the dentist is much better than the first two. The reason is that she has a lot of advantages, the main of which are:
- the greatest efficiency and the ability to remove the plaque of all types;
- the ability to remove stains on the enamel, which appeared as a result of Smoking, caffeine and red wine;
- does not cause allergic reactions or other adverse side effects;
- not impact negatively on the enamel;
- tends polishing and whitening teeth;
- destroys all microorganisms and bacteria create in the mouth a favorable microflora;
- exclude the possibility of development of caries and periodontal disease.
But besides advantages, this procedure has disadvantages. Many patients after carrying out ultrasonic cleaning complain of pain, but this happens only if you remove subgingival deposits. To avoid the occurrence of pain recommended the procedure is done under local anesthesia.
Contraindications for the procedure
Though cleansing of the teeth by means of ultrasound and has more pluses than minuses, but there is a group of people who this procedure is strictly contraindicated.
So, there are a number of contra-indications for ultrasonic cleaning of teeth:
- if the patient has such serious diseases as chronic bronchitis, asthma, heart disease and circulatory system in General;
- if a person is sick with hepatitis, AIDS or tuberculosis;
- in the presence of diabetes or epilepsy;
- if you have oncological diseases;
- if the patient has implants or other orthopedic appliances;
- in the presence of a respiratory disease, as well as in case you have problems with nasal breathing;
- in case of hypersensitivity of enamel.
In addition to all the above, with ultrasonic cleaning of teeth contraindications also apply to women who are at the first stage of pregnancy and children whose teeth are still milk.
So, let’s summarize. How is the dental cleaning of the teeth and that it is clear. It is also clear that such professional ultrasonic teeth cleaning, its advantages and disadvantages, and the technique of the procedure and contraindications.
It remains to add that, in General, cleaning by ultrasound is an individual method for care of teeth, that is, each person independently decides whether to carry out this procedure or to refrain from it.