Vestibuloplastika of the mandible: what is this, the testimony, photos, reviews
In some cases, patients dentist is required vestibuloplastika lower jaw. What is this testimony, we will describe further. After all, people often face with such a procedure and I’m afraid to agree to them because the unknown is scary.
The operation is carried out in order to prevent various diseases in the oral cavity. Not everyone has enough space between the dental arch and lip. Sometimes the tension of these muscles is too strong and must be eliminated for convenience.
What is vestibuloplastika lower jaw?
The procedure represents an increase in space in the recess of the oral cavity between the teeth and the lip. Through various manipulations, which depend on the chosen method of correction, the shift of muscle fibers responsible for the tension of the gums.
Is done sometimes in the upper jaw, but most often vestibuloplastika for the bottom row.
Indications and contraindications
Such a procedure can be a variety of reasons. This is sometimes a warning of some diseases, and sometimes and to treat existing ones. Also vestibuloplasty used in prosthetics and pediatric dentistry.
The most popular indications for its implementation are:
- to prevent inflammation of the paradontium, gingivitis;
- for eating disorders of the bone of the jaw;
- to solve speech problems;
- with the aim of uncovering the roots of teeth in some cases;
- in the process of preparing extensive orthodontic treatment;
- with the installation of implants or dentures for easy and secure attachment;
- sometimes one needs the correction of cosmetic defects.
However doctors strongly recommend not to make vestibuloplasty in the following cases:
- in the presence of hereditary hemophilia;
- cancer of the blood;
- cerebral lesions;
- cancer and radiation therapy;
- tendency to scarring;
- persistent chronic inflammation of the mucous;
- extensive caries;
- in cases of alcohol and drug addiction;
- as well as people with various disorders.
Worth doing or not such a procedure to solve the doctor who will be able to consider all the evidence, especially the health of the patient, condition of the oral cavity and other factors.
We describe briefly the most popular methods of operations, which are now used in dentistry to solve these problems:
- According to Clarke, the easiest way, but often it is used for the upper jaw. The doctor cuts the mucous membrane between the dental arch and lip and detaches it a bit. Thus, the right muscles shifted deeper, and some single fibers dentist is able to remove manually. The flap is then sutured to the periosteum, and the wound is covered with a special protective film.
- Aglanu-Maheru – used for correction of the lower jaw. It is believed that this method gives stable and good results. An incision is made along the bone on the arc, and part of the mucous membrane peeled in the direction of the jaw. Some fabrics move inland or in part, the excess is removed. Then fix the muscles with sutures and apply a dressing.
- The Schmidt is a simpler method, which does not touch the supraspinous tissue. Only make a cut parallel to the bone and the flap pulled to the inside and lock.
- According to the Glickman – can be applied on small areas and is more extensive. The incision is made, in this case, exactly at the junction of the lips. Detached flap sutured to the threshold of the cavity.
- Tunnel vestibuloplastika – equivalent is used for correction of the upper jaw, and lower. It is believed that such operation is less traumatic, and the wound is healing a lot faster. Incisions are made in three places instead of one big one. This method is best suited for the treatment of children.
- Laser surgery is performed using a laser that reduces pain and trauma of manipulation. While doing everything the same as in a conventional procedure with a scalpel. But through the use of a more sophisticated tool, the whole process is precisely, deliberately, with a lower level of pain for the patient and the wound subsequently heals faster. Another advantage of this procedure is extra bactericidal effect in the area of operations.
Laser method, are commonly used to remove the frenulum, as an alternative to the usual procedure. This helps reduce a child’s fear, pain at the site of incision and speeds up healing.
Which method would not be chosen, must a qualified and experienced doctor and have to use any anesthesia. Depending on the sensitive of the patient, features of his health and age use local or General anesthesia. And also you can use in addition to pain relief injections and other methods.
Preparation for the procedure
The whole process went successfully and with the least negative effects, the patient must take responsibility for proper preparation for surgery. Should adhere to the following guidelines:
- To conduct a thorough cleaning of the mouth using a soft brush and toothpaste.
- Give up six hours before the operation from solid food.
- It is not necessary to take various medicines, unless prescribed by a doctor. Sedatives, pain relievers or some other medications can cause adverse effects during the procedure. If you took something, be sure to tell the doctor what.
- Important and mental attitude of the patient. Do not be afraid to cheat yourself. If you can’t cope with the panic, talk to the doctor about what you care about and make sure to lower the level of anxiety.
In the beginning, make sure to do anesthesia. The selected method will depend on the age of the patient, his fear, sensitivity, and other factors. Then the doctor chooses the appropriate method of correction and carries out the necessary manipulation. Usually the operation lasts about an hour or less.
After completion of the procedure on the operated jaw of the patient applied ice pack, which is recommended to keep at least 20 minutes. Then you need to rest the treated area, and again to make it to the ice. So you can do up to six hours. Due to the anesthesia, the patient will not feel pain immediately after the surgery.
After some time, may begin as painful. How to deal with them, how long the wound is healing, what to do at this time is the doctor supposed to tell. The job of the patient to follow clear instructions and guidelines.
Most people feel quite uncomfortable – swelling, numbness, pain, discomfort when speaking, etc. All depends on the individual. But in the postoperative period should follow the following rules:
- Brushing teeth in the early days better just with a soft brush and do not use toothpaste. To carry out the desired hygienic manipulation will be possible only after 3-4 days after surgery.
- Pay special attention to the selection of food during this period. It should be unheated. Avoid hard, sour and spicy food so as not to irritate.
- Doctors recommend eliminating from the diet and dairy products, as they form a special plaque that is difficult to remove. And because at that time quality cleaning possible, it is best not to provoke the formation of excess bacteria in the oral cavity.
- Completely do not use alcoholic beverages.
- Purees, pureed meals, and any soft food is something that should now go in the diet. Salt and spices, try to use a minimal amount.
- After each meal you need to rinse with antiseptic solutions. Usually the doctor prescribes what.
- Do regular exercises, which will also tell the dentist. Through such simple exercises can quickly restore lost sensitivity and accelerate the rehabilitation process.
- Visit your doctor throughout this period, he watched how the healing and recovery. The assigned techniques are better not to miss.
Their main reason is most often ignoring the recommendations and the lack of a doctor’s visit. Pathological consequences of the case, but if they are left unchecked and not rectified, it will take much more effort for treatment. The table below shows the main variants of the unpleasant consequences that the patient might face when conducting vestibuloplasty.
|Bleeding||Needs additional intake of hemostatic drugs. Also use compresses.|
|Loss of sensation in this region||It is normal if it is restored for 6 or even 9 months. The acceleration of the process contributes to gymnastics and physiotherapy.|
|Scarring and so called recurrent strands||Need additional surgery to remove them.|
|The appearance of ligature fistula in a transitional fold||The doctor will remove the remaining thread on the seams.|
|Severe swelling of the jaw||This is normal and common after such a procedure. It takes place on the third day itself. In this case, nothing needs to be done.|
No matter what complications nor had to face, most importantly, to comply with all the recommendations of the dentist in time to visit. The only way to prevent the most unpleasant consequences, and to accelerate the healing process.
The cost vestibuloplasty
To determine the price of a procedure can only be a doctor who will take into account the health of the patient, will choose the specific method of operation, and will take into account other factors. Moreover, in various clinics, the cost of dental procedures also varies greatly.
And yet, the average price category vestibuloplasty is from 3000 to 10 000 rubles. If you choose the easiest way of correction and level of deepening minor, she can do at minimal cost. But the use of laser involves that the procedure will be expensive. Usually the price is around 10 thousand.
Video: vestibuloplastika Clark.
Due to the fact that the gum more and more slides with the dentition, the doctor suggested to do vestibuloplasty. It was scary, but I agreed. It is difficult to assess the effect of it, as the postoperative period is quite difficult, but I hope that the problem is more me not be disturbed.
As a child I spent such a procedure, because to fix some problems only available this way. Since then, terribly afraid of dentists to this day I remember how much it hurts.
A rather painful and unpleasant procedure. I had to do it for the sake of fixation of the prosthesis, as designated on the jaw was missing. If I knew it would be so difficult, you would agree immediately on implantation.