Vitamins for teeth and gums: what you need
Vitamins for teeth are the key to a healthy and beautiful smile. Lack of vitamins leads to the deterioration of the internal condition of the teeth. Any of the expensive toothpastes and brushes daily brushing your teeth and mouth, frequent going to the dentist, rinse your mouth after eating, and other tools will not help if the teeth present a lack of vitamins.
When the deficiencies are manifested by specific symptoms. With their help, you can recognize the shortage of vitamins in the gums and teeth:
- If shortage of vitamin D a person often takes a recurrence of caries, feels dryness in the mouth, feel the taste of metal.
- If the shortage of vitamin group A, then even the slightest scratch on the surface of the mucosa will heal long. While on the surface of teeth appear plaque, which makes them rough.
- If shortage of vitamin B12 a person does not feel the usual taste of food. He has a red tongue, there is hyposalivation.
- The frequent recurrence of periodontal disease indicate a lack of ascorbic acid.
- If the teeth begin to postebatsya is a vitamin B6 deficiency.
- If shortage of thiamine (vitamin B1), there is pain and bakes a language is lost taste. Worried about eternal thirst.
- If there are frequent recurrences of sores and ulcers is the hypovitaminosis B2.
Vitamins for teeth for adults are as necessary as kids. But medical facilities are accepted by the doctor, following the recommended dose.
The basic amount of vitamins, which enters the human body, comes from food. It is therefore necessary to follow a proper diet. In adults, the teeth will not grow, but that does not mean that their activity has stopped. In the depth of the tooth is dense ball composed of blood vessels and nerve endings. With the help of this glomerulus through the tubules that pass through the root of a tooth associated with the other remote systems of the human body.
What vitamins are needed for the teeth? Vitamin a or beta-carotene supports the enamel is in good condition. The name of this vitamin comes from the English word «carrots», which means carrot. Approximately 100 grams of this vegetable contains in its composition of 9000 mcg of vitamin A. the Normal amount of the vitamin for an adult is 800 to 1,000 mcg. So a salad with fresh carrots will be enough to meet the weekly needs of vitamin A.
Beta-carotene found in most fruits and vegetables that have an orange tint. Special benefits tomatoes and apricots. There are other products, the use of which ensures healthy gums and a bright smile. These include parsley leaves, green peas.
Vitamin D is an important substance for healthy teeth. Most content is detected in cod liver. Daily intake is 2.5 mg. To get enough vitamin enough to eat 150 grams of liver pate, or eat a piece of herring.
Vitamin C is essential for teeth and gums. Its other name is ascorbic acid, or askorbinku, which is sold in tablets. Vitamin C is the best prevention of periodontal disease. A large concentration of ascorbic acid is contained in dill, cauliflower and sauerkraut. Its high content observed in citrus. Daily rate of 70-90 mg per day.
Vitamins that belong to the group:
- Pyridoxine or B6 — large amount of contain dairy products, meat, raw eggs, fish. Suitable for vegetarians cabbage. Pyridoxine is contained in strawberries, lemon, peaches, cherries and bananas. But when consuming this vitamin, you need to know the daily rate. It is 2 mg is about 200 g of beans. Lack of pyridoxine is necessary to liquidate quickly, as its deficiency affects the nervous system.
- B2 or Riboflavin — the largest amount is in nuts, especially almonds and peanuts. Hypovitaminosis B2 are not afraid of those who like bitter chocolate and cocoa. Vegetables Riboflavin is present in those that have a green color. It is contained in tomatoes and bell peppers. An overabundance of vitamins adversely affect health. But this does not apply to Riboflavin and thiamine. Excess of these vitamins is soluble in water and excreted from the body through urine.
- Thiamine or B1 — the most famous sources are sunflower seeds, liver, and wheat. To replenish the deficiency of thiamine is necessary to eat buckwheat, oatmeal, dried fruit, bread, from rye flour, potatoes and beans.
- yanocobalamin or B12 — scientists have not identified the species of animals or plants that are able to synthesize 12. But there are animals who in their tissues accumulate cyanocobalamin. It is recommended to eat pork, beef. These products are the only sources of vitamin B12, which is synthesized by bacteria and blue-green algae. For a good absorption of cyanocobalamin in the intestinal tract produces mucoprotein. But if there are any disorders in the gastrointestinal tract shown intravenous vitamin B12.
Additional trace elements
To teeth and gums do not suffer, it is recommended to consume some minerals. Calcium is the primary building material for hard shell teeth and their enamel. Deficiency in children — the main reason for the frequent recourse to the dentist in adulthood.
Another important element for healthy teeth is phosphorus or «dental barrier». It provides the strength of the teeth and enamel, making a smile. Its shortage in the body easy to spot, as it increases the sensitivity, there is a gray or yellowish color of the enamel. To Supplement the content of trace elements in the body, you must eat:
- the seeds of sunflowers, pumpkins and nuts;
- cherries, currants, strawberries;
- chicken meat and eggs;
- the beans and peas;
- dairy products;
The above minerals contribute to the absorption of vitamin D. Therefore, you need to follow the daily requirement of vitamins for children. On the background of excessive accumulation of trace elements develop different pathologies of bone tissue.
Two identical products that were grown in different parts and stored under different conditions, contain different amounts of trace elements. That is why you should eat fruits and vegetables grown in this season. At the same time should adhere to the following rules:
- do not expose your shelf to heat treatment;
- to peel just before use;
- do not store in the refrigerator for more than 3 days;
- never store food in a metal container;
- keep away from direct sunlight (especially vitamins a and B2).
- There are special tablets for adult teeth. Take them as directed by your healthcare practitioner. With a shortage of trace elements and the degradation of enamel is recommended to drink the following vitamins for teeth and gums:
- Kalcinova, the release form — tablets. In each tablet contains the daily norm of vitamins for teeth and gums, which belong to group A, C, D, B6.
- I think, the release form — tablets of two colors: red is the totality of substances of group b and D, Ceratonia, ascorbic and folic acid; blue — contain phosphorus and calcium.
- Pills Centrum contain vitamins a, E, C, b and D.
- Drug classic Alphabet — package contains tablets of three different formulations: Calcium D+; Antioxidants+ Iron+.
- Drug Vitre contains high concentrations of micronutrients. In comparison with other products, it is prescribed from the age of 12.
- Vitrum — is a form of Vitrum, but unlike the standard drug, a special form of calcium and D3.
- Centavitos is one of the most extensive and a complete vitamin complexes. The main objective of the drug — strengthen composition of the teeth and giving them a wonderful appearance. It includes all vitamins and many trace elements.
Prevention of hypovitaminosis
If a person follows proper and balanced nutrition, the teeth and gums will look good. To stick to such a diet requires willpower. In the absence of time and patience is recommended to drink special vitamins for the gums.
At the same time will need to be abandoned or to minimize the consumption of products that destroy tooth enamel:
- gooey and sticky foods that adhere to the enamel, preventing the saliva to perform its function to dissolve sugar;
- bread is harmful to health as in it is carbohydrates that contribute to the propagation of various bacteria that destroy the enamel.
Additional tips for strengthening teeth and gums
- drink the purified water;
- observe the rules of personal hygiene;
- to quit Smoking;
- periodically visit the dentist to prevent;
- to reduce the consumption of sweets;
- not to drink carbonated beverages.
If you do not forget about their teeth and gums, constantly caring for them, you can achieve a radiant smile and maintain healthy teeth for years to come.